Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 1:19:16 PM EDT
Any of you N. TX. arfcommers members of the TDSA range south of Dallas?

I renewed my membership yesterday, after a couple years hiatus.

It's the closest place I could find that let's you shoot and walk at the same time in the DFW area.

Now I just need to get myself out there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
YES.  

You will be impressed with the work at the range.  Plus, you will like the future plans for the range.

Shoot Straight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. Recently joined, after always mooching off of buddies.  :)

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't know there was a range in the DFW area that would let you walk and shoot.  I thought you had to join an IDPA group to do that.  That's great!!  Where is it?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep
Cool place.
I am a member there also.
Steve - DFW
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:34:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#7]
A few side notes about TDSA.  1st, there is a Ladies Only Class scheduled for the 12th of Feb, here is the url for more information on the class, but always be sure to call and check because some details may change(TDSA is always trying to improve) www.tdsa.net/ladiesclass.html

2nd, just because a class you want to take is not on the schedule does not mean it is not available.  If you can get enough students to register and pay, TDSA will be more than happy to set up the class for you....call TDSA for details.

mm
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Haven't been a member of TDSA for a few years now; but they were building rapidly when I was a member (2003 or so)... I was there right after they built the first shoothouse. So what all has changed since then?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
From a correspondence between the owner and myself. I was a member a few years ago, and wanted to know the same thing:

"I will try and describe the current range status.

We have 7 bays.
5 have covered awnings, which you can shoot from at the 25 yard line.
But you can move the targets closer so you can stand under the awning at what ever distance you want to shoot at. As long as you can hit the birm.
There are still two plate racks with the man on man stop plate in the middle. They have been welded in place and as far as today goes all plates are working.

The rifle range is 100, 220 and the 300 is still under construction.
The very near future is to have a 50 and 25 on the rilfe range.
The one and two hundred gongs are up and were shot on today when I did a rifle qual. for a new member.

You can not use the shoot house unless you are under the direction of a instuctor. You see if we let range members go in and shoot then were would be no one controling the entry so anyone else could walk in to see what all the shooting was, and you can figure out the rest.

The porta poty is still and will probably be the only restoom for range members to use. Since we are in a flood plain getting a permit to do a septic system is very difficult.

But just like always, you can shoot rapid fire, shoot and move, draw, run, duck, dodge, and just about do any kind of shooting you want to, even with steel core ammo. Hope to see you at the range again.

Founder TDSA

Slack Out.... and Never Give Up !!!!"

To me, the best part about the place is that you can set up your own course of fire, as long as shots hit the berms. You can do transitions, walk and shoot at the same time, no restrictions on rapid fire.

The rifle range is basic. Not that it has to be something special, but they're working on it.

oh, and don't shoot the cars, no steel with rifles, don't shoot the rubber target backers with shotguns, and please clean up after yourselves.

For more info or ask questions of the owner, www.tdsa.net, and go to the forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top