Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 6:06:10 AM EDT
I crossed paths with the Sig Le Rep yesterday. He had some short barreled (8 inch I think) F/A rifles and I check them out. My observations, it’s heavy even for a short barrel, no adjustable stock, crappy sights, and even crappier mags. I was not too impressed, however the Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I crossed paths with the Sig Le Rep yesterday. He had some short barreled (8 inch I think) F/A rifles and I check them out. My observations, it’s heavy even for a short barrel, no adjustable stock, crappy sights, and even crappier mags. I was not too impressed, however the Rep did say that civilian version S/A should be on the market soon that accepts AR mags, with a collapsible stock for under $1000.

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

No way???  Tell me more.  Will this be a Sig 55X or a new model designed around the AR mag?  Best thing I have heard since hearing Winchester is going away.  Please more scoop!!!

HK Ag
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:07:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I have always said I would pay more for the AR than the Sig 550 series because the AR is a better weapon.  I didnt like the weight either and the larger weapons are worse.

They are beautifully finished and are the King of AKs but to me they are still just gussied up AKs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:10:04 AM EDT
[#4]
the SIG 55x series will begin production in august/september.

They will have folding stocks, but will also have the option of using ar-15 collapsable stocks.

I would not imagine it is that difficult to switch back to original sig mags simply by replacing the lower receiver area. I'm sure CCFA is going to make a big profit off of that and just FYI it's the upper receiver of the SIG series that's considered the firearm a la ATF/serial number.

price is going to be $900 for LEO rifles. not sure how much civies are going to run for. They're setting prices there to directly compete with the Colt line of weapons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:26:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I was not very impressed with the Sig, the Ar-15 has it beat hands down. For the money i would buy a Krebs. BTW the Sig Rep said that there might a adapter that lets you switch between Sig mags and Ar mags.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

They will have folding stocks, but will also have the option of using ar-15 collapsable stocks.

well from what sig has told me it will infact be a AR style tele-stock and will use AR mags

if that's the only option i'll pass..  The side folder setup i'm interested.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:16:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well from what sig has told me it will infact be a AR style tele-stock and will use AR mags

if that's the only option i'll pass..  The side folder setup i'm interested.

It's my personal belief that one would, quite easily, be able to switch out the lower receiver with a swiss one to accomodate the regular stock and regular magazines. I don't believe it is that hard. I'm personally interested in acquiring two of them. One 551 carbine style for all out fun use with the ar-15 features, and one 20" regular version with the classic swiss features just so that I can say I have one.

This is all good, unless of course the design of rifle is slightly modified from the original in which lower receivers cannot be swapped.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:37:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I"m trying to decide right now if I want the sig or if somebody will make a gas piston i can just drop right into my rifles and keep using my KAC forend and normal front  sight base. If so i'll do that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
With 4MOA I have to ask.  Why didn't you guys just carry AK's?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:17:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No way???  Tell me more.  Will this be a Sig 55X or a new model designed around the AR mag?  Best thing I have heard since hearing Winchester is going away.  Please more scoop!!!

HK Ag

It's true, the semi version will be unvieled at the shot show. I'll be placing my order at the show for deleveries in August.

Mooneys

Order one for me!  (seriously)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top