Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 1:46:46 PM EDT
I got a buddy who has an ar and he just bought one of those hellfire or supertac triggers. He asked me that since it makes it full auto(which by the way is legal per BATF). Anyway, since it makes it full auto will it harm the weapon? He just wanted to try it for fun, but he overheard a conversation that since there isn't M16 parts in the weapon, it may not be good for it.

Can somebody clairfy? Oh, he has a Colt 16" M4 if it is needs to know. I couldn't answer, but I told him that I would try and find out for him.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that one of those trigger adabters that is suppose to help you bumpfire? I've been suckered into one of those a long time ago. It's a worthless piece of crap, and does absolutely NOTHING. Sorry, you cannot make your rifle full auto legally short of spending thousands of dollars on a registered receiver or lightning link type device.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You will not harm your weapon by firing it rapidly (other than potential scratches from the trigger insert).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top