Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:05:03 PM EDT
And I like the folks who frequent it.  I have a great time shooting with you all.

As a friend, I would be remiss in not warning you.

DO NOT TRUST that moron who was at TOM BEAN.  He has tried to fuck someone over here who is a great friend and a great board member.  One of the good guys.  

Remember the fable.  A scorpian is trying to get to the other side of the river.  A turtle offers him a ride on his back.  Halfway across, the scorpian stings the turtle and as the turtle is dying, he asks the scorpian why he did that, the scorpian replied, you knew what I was when you offered me the ride.

That man is a scorpian, and anyone who associates with him knowing this gets what they deserve.

BTW the friend on this board, is NOT the first person he has fucked over.

Choose your friends wisely.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I love you too.

Are you drunk?  I think you are drunk.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Remember the fable.  A scorpian is trying to get to the other side of the river.  A turtle offers him a ride on his back.  

Pssst.  It was a frog.  But we get the point.  

Never trust a turtle.  They are horrible judges of character.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
"Would you help me cross the river?" The scorpion asks the turtle.

- "Hop on!" Says the turtle generously, "but you have to promise not to sting me?"

- "I promise." The scorpion declares.

He then jumps on. The turtle swims across the river. Just as they get to the other bank the scorpion stings the turtle.

- "Why did you do that?" Asks the turtle painfully right before he takes his last breath and sinks under the water.

- "it is in my nature..." The scorpion answers. Aesop's Fables

The metaphor in this little story reflects how impossible it is to go against one's nature.

Never fuck with a jedi master.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
you forgot the part where the scorpion reasons with the turtle that if he stings the turtle while crossing the river, they both will die
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Would you help me cross the river?" The scorpion asks the turtle.
- "Hop on!" Says the turtle generously, "but you have to promise not to sting me?"
- "I promise." The scorpion declares.
He then jumps on. The turtle swims across the river. Just as they get to the other bank the scorpion stings the turtle.
- "Why did you do that?" Asks the turtle painfully right before he takes his last breath and sinks under the water.
- "it is in my nature..." The scorpion answers. Aesop's Fables
The metaphor in this little story reflects how impossible it is to go against one's nature.

Never fuck with a jedi master.

TXL

Dear Jedi master:  At least you are spelling "scorpion" correctly now that you are quoting it.  

Scorpion and the FROG

Scorpion and the FROG

Scorpion and the FROG

Scorpion and the FROG

Scorpion and the FROG

The Tortoise was a modification of the original... by Bidpai, another fable teller.  Not Aesop.  Aesop was the Scorpion and the Frog.  

The force is weak with this one.....

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
well, who the hell was it?

the moron that is  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#7]
IBTL

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Fuck it, I'm going to bed

TXL
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#9]
 It was a fox, not a turtle or a frog.

mm
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:15:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Jesus Christ this story got fucked up. Why don't you just post a large

FUCK YOU AROCK

and get the lock done and over with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:24:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:42:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Moral of the story remains the same.

Dont try and cross the river?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#13]
I missed the entire AROCK thing.  Sounds like it was a doozie.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:57:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:08:02 AM EDT
[#15]
TxLewis touched me inappropriately the last time he was drunk.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:28:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

hey, at least the bed was dry.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 8:47:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:07:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

the moron that is  

OK, so was this moron the owner/operator of Tom Bean?   Or someone on this board?  or some other board?   If you really wanna warn us, its helpful to know what the warning IS. :)
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#21]
IBTL

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:12:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Who is this AROCK individual?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:32:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the moron that is  

OK, so was this moron the owner/operator of Tom Bean?   Or someone on this board?  or some other board?   If you really wanna warn us, its helpful to know what the warning IS. :)

Not the owner not the operator of Tom Bean.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Long story, something that happened at the first Gunstock in 2003.

There's nothing to see here - please move along...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

While you may feel there is "nothing to see...." this is an open forum sir... and a comment was made along with what I think is an appropriate question.

If no one cares to elaborate, than simply ignore the question...thanks.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:45:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are misinformed. The incident occurred well before Gunstock 2003.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:57:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

hey, at least the bed was dry.

TXL

Yeah, thanks for the heads up when it wasn't.

TRG

Whatever, this was long after you confessed to me your love of watersports.

TXL
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now run along and go post about this thread on your "other" board.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Now run along and go post about this thread on your "other" board.  

now that's funny

TXL
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Ive never met anyone in the DFW group (yet) but am I sensing a lot of bad blood between some folks here, or is it in good fun?

What gives?

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Ive never met anyone in the DFW group (yet) but am I sensing a lot of bad blood between some folks here, or is it in good fun?

What gives?

I went to my first ARFCOM event last weekend...it was awesome!!!! These people are very nice and friendly...I don't know this person they are talking about but the individual did not ruin the Tom Bean event for me. I plan on attending a lot more ARFCOM events based on my experience...don't let this one thread distract from the DFW crew....just my .02
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:43:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

http://archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=338494
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#36]
OK..... thanks for the history lesson.....that was a pretty sucky thing to do....
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
OK..... thanks for the history lesson.....that was a pretty sucky thing to do....

+69 !  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+69 !  

As a newbie...what does +69 designate?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+69 !  

As a newbie...what does +69 designate?

18 less than 87
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 5:18:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Wow.  I had a great time at TOM BEAN.  It was my first shoot too.  Didn't know there was "drama" in the mix?  People are people I guess.  Didn't really sense any hostility.  Just lots of testosterone. Just kidding.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
www.jdlawhon.com/images/drama.jpg

Too bad it was real, and not just internet drama.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Well Crap.  I thought that was a picture of the infamous Don Ross.

R.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:38:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.jdlawhon.com/images/drama.jpg

Too bad it was real, and not just internet drama.

Yeah, I know.  I used to attend Arfcom shoots a lot back when the board was smaller... We had a nice little thing going with our little close-knit "Texas Black Rifle Shoot" group - very similar to what y'all have going with the Tom Bean and Hun Farm shoots.  Anyway, the next thing we knew, certain individuals decided to incorporate the name and blow it up into a big fustercluck of a commercial event.  This is what eventually morphed into GunStock, which from my sideline obervations appeared to be a giant cesspool of drama.

In the early days of this board, great times were had with seemingly good folks who eventually proved to be shitbag drama queens.  There's a bunch of good folks who I'm sure still lurk around here from time to time who enjoyed the TBRS shoots we had 5 or 6 years ago, but the ensuing drama left a bad taste in their mouths, and they would simply rather not deal with it.  

Funny how it only took few people to ruin the fun for everyone else by dragging drama into the picture.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Bulldawg:

Well, "Gunstock" is no more, and has morphed back into what you initially enjoyed. MADUCE at Tiger Valley has a great facility, and we have a blast every time he invites us for a shoot. Make an effort to come out.

The Texas crew is awesome, and I've made a lot of friends participating in the various events. The one individual in question I've actually never met, but I guess his appearance just opened some old wounds. No big deal - everyone will get over it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Yeah, I know.  I used to attend Arfcom shoots a lot back when the board was smaller... We had a nice little thing going with our little close-knit "Texas Black Rifle Shoot" group - very similar to what y'all have going with the Tom Bean and Hun Farm shoots.  Anyway, the next thing we knew, certain individuals decided to incorporate the name and blow it up into a big fustercluck of a commercial event.  This is what eventually morphed into GunStock, which from my sideline obervations appeared to be a giant cesspool of drama.

In the early days of this board, great times were had with seemingly good folks who eventually proved to be shitbag drama queens.  There's a bunch of good folks who I'm sure still lurk around here from time to time who enjoyed the TBRS shoots we had 5 or 6 years ago, but the ensuing drama left a bad taste in their mouths, and they would simply rather not deal with it.  

Funny how it only took few people to ruin the fun for everyone else by dragging drama into the picture.

Quitter.  

Now - just poking at you.... but nothing was "ruined".  As long as there are good people who still want to shoot together, and meet for gun shows, lunches, and campouts.... there is a lot of good times to be had.  Deciding not to come out because of a bad experience is certainly your choice.... but we still very much enjoy each other company, skill sharing, and comraderie.  I dont have any groups of friends that dont experience a little drama from time to time.  Even with my real friends.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:33:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Bulldawg:

Well, "Gunstock" is no more, and has morphed back into what you initially enjoyed. MADUCE at Tiger Valley has a great facility, and we have a blast every time he invites us for a shoot. Make an effort to come out.

The Texas crew is awesome, and I've made a lot of friends participating in the various events. The one individual in question I've actually never met, but I guess his appearance just opened some old wounds. No big deal - everyone will get over it.

I Agree: I go to put lead down range,Tiger Valley is the only place i get to shoot past 100 yds. I will be at every shoot that T.J. puts on. I have made some new friends down there and enjoy the company as much as the shoot.As you get older [me] you learn to take what you can get, this is my entertainment of choice, i feel lucky to shoot with such a fine group of folks. And yes; there is drama in life, but you don't dwell on it.Enjoy what you have. Later, Wayne B.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:38:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:50:08 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This reminds of the black eyed peas song, My Hump's

Its goes is little something like this, hit it............................

<snip>

You know - I think you could have made your point without quoting all of that atrocity that masquerades as a song. There must be something deep down that really made you WANT to share that with all of us. Could it be that the only Smiley you didn't post, but should have, is THIS ONE?  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top