Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/8/2006 5:56:16 PM EDT
Did any of you see it? There was a guy using signs that read " Body armor will soon be banned so it is on sale!" of course his price was $200+ over the price of online purchases.... JEEEZUZ

I get so tired of the scare tactics. But heay its a " Carnival Attitude" or a Gunshow fact that the buyer needs to beware.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:23:11 PM EDT
yep... saw it-- commented on it out loud so people could hear the sarcasm.... ar15.commer (FAILSAFE) overheard and made a comment too... I guess my "loud comment" idea worked. hehe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:30:47 PM EDT
No, it wasnt your comment. I passed by that shithead while he was selling some body armor to a lady. He said, "hang on, I have to call the FBI to do a background check", but he didnt call anyone, he just acted like it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:23 PM EDT
We need to send Crooks like that back to the rocks they live under.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:46:26 PM EDT
maybe you guys should let DACA know.... they might not like that stuff at their show...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 8:26:23 PM EDT by ORinTX]

Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:
No, it wasnt your comment. I passed by that shithead while he was selling some body armor to a lady. He said, "hang on, I have to call the FBI to do a background check", but he didnt call anyone, he just acted like it.

You're kidding! What a douche bag.

I didn't see the armor, actually I didn't get there until about 3PM today so I had to hurry and buy some lowers and other misc items before people started closing shop.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:20:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FAIL-SAFE:

i would have asked why he needed to call when he finished and pointed it out to everyone to hear. f'in ridiculous
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:52:06 AM EDT
I did not see any signs, but was it that Filipino guy? If so he is an asshat of the 1st order!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:58:25 AM EDT
It's the same guy with the same signs that has been doing the show for as long as I can remember lol
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:25:35 AM EDT

Originally Posted By CQToverVmatch:
maybe you guys should let DACA know.... they might not like that stuff at their show...

Con-Artist need to be taken care of.

I would agree DACA should know. I saw the signs and about pissed myself laughing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:12:24 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:09:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RRTX:
It's the same guy with the same signs that has been doing the show for as long as I can remember lol

+1

My personal favorite price gouge was the $13,000 Barrett M107. These can be had for under $9500 all over the web with little effort.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 2:34:54 PM EDT
I saw it but wasn't concerned. I still use the "substandard" body armor issued by Uncle Sugar.
Scare tactics seem to be prevalent these days. I ALMOST bought a Titanium firing pin because I was convinced I was goiing to have a slam fire any day now. Funny, it never came up in 14 years of mlitary service.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:44:04 PM EDT

Who was the body armor crook? Signs displayed at his table? Name of the business? Table location? I know some of the Dallas club officers and will get the word to them.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:12:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By imcoltsguy:
Who was the body armor crook? Signs displayed at his table? Name of the business? Table location? I know some of the Dallas club officers and will get the word to them.

I can't answer any of those but as far as I saw he was the only table selling body armor.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:23:04 PM EDT
Yep, the only one I saw selling body armor. And several signs advertising his "pre-ban sale."
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:11:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By imcoltsguy:

in the middle, about 3/4 of the way back from the front
Top Top