Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 1:30:50 PM EDT
I was pulled over for speeding in Westlake in February.  Whatever.  Went in paid for deferral.  

August rolls around.  I call the court to inquire about what I owed.  They had no record whatsoever of me, by ticket number, name, or driver's license.  I called twice...same thing both times.  They told me not to worry about it.  I kept a copy of my check, told a bunch of folks about it, and left it.

Today at lunch, my phone had a message from Westlake PD stating that a Warrant had been issued for my arrest.  I called back.  The officer told me that I was overdue for the ticket and that they'd issued a warrant.  After some banter, I called the court.   Now they miraculously have my paperwork and "don't know how I was ever possibly told" such a thing in August.  

They want $105 for "warrant fees"  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:56:08 PM EDT
[#2]
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you get lost on the way to the Drag?

Sorry about the hassle though. Always get shit like that in writing...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:44:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:45:01 AM EDT
[#6]
If you paid for a deferral, then you should have some record of taking a State approved Driver's Improvement course.  Present your 'improved driving' credentials and have the warrant dropped, or go pay unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's. or lawyer up and FIGHT the Man.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I call the court to inquire about what I owed.  They had no record whatsoever of me, by ticket number, name, or driver's license.  I called twice...same thing both times.  They told me not to worry about it. I kept a copy of my check, told a bunch of folks about it, and left it.

Shame you don't have that in writing.

And if you did it might not even matter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top