Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems that we have come to a point where a modicum of planning must come into play.  I propose that we select a bar / restaurant to be our “home bar”. This bar needs to be centrally located, and satisfy our needs i.e. cheap drinks good food, relatively easy parking and proximity to major roads or thoroughfares.

Then we split Houston in to 4 zones according to population clusters for example central, north/north west, west, and south/southeast.  We then need to rotate through the zones in a predictable order each week.  The locals pick the spots using the criteria above, and we all make an honest effort to attend as our funds / schedules allow.  First place suggested is “it” unless a valid case can be made for change (road construction, fire, etc.)

If no place is agreed to by Sunday afternoon/evening then we go to the home bar.

We need to start a thread for the discussion of the “home” establishment.

Then we need to set the boundaries (freeways) that will constitute our “zones”.

Hopefully this will help avoid confusion hurt feelings and expand the variety of Tuesday night BS sessions that we have.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
PEOPLE!

This falls under the no good deeds go unpunished catagory!

Voldie, for all his faults, changed the location trying to accomodate people who wanted to go some other place.  These are the same people who don't get off their butts and post something.

Pick a place- stick to it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:00:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It seems that we have come to a point where a modicum of planning must come into play.  I propose that we select a bar / restaurant to be our “home bar”. This bar needs to be centrally located, and satisfy our needs i.e. cheap drinks good food, relatively easy parking and proximity to major roads or thoroughfares.

Then we split Houston in to 4 zones according to population clusters for example central, north/north west, west, and south/southeast.  We then need to rotate through the zones in a predictable order each week.  The locals pick the spots using the criteria above, and we all make an honest effort to attend as our funds / schedules allow.  First place suggested is “it” unless a valid case can be made for change (road construction, fire, etc.)

If no place is agreed to by Sunday afternoon/evening then we go to the home bar.

Hopefully this will help avoid confusion hurt feelings and expand the variety of Tuesday night BS sessions that we have.

Way too complicated.  The simplicity that has worked well for the last 3 years has been fine.  
This week got screwed up because it was changed too many times.  Pick one location and stick with it.  Voldy, I know you like to post the location, but please......wait until Sunday night to post something for a few weeks.  Lets give some of the other guys a chance to pick a place that works for them.  I think we all would rather see someone pick a bar near them so they can actually make it rather than play guessing games about "what if" we chose a place "here or there" and maybe they'll come.  

The only rules we've ever had were.......
1. must have food
2. if you pick the place you must attend
3. new folks must attend at least one meet before chosing a place

If we keep it simple like we always have it works, if it gets too complicated everyone just gets frustrated.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I look forward to getting together with you guys all week and I hate to see some feel excluded because they can't make it due to plans getting changed repeatedly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:35:07 PM EDT
[#5]
COZ,

I am cool with a trip north once a month.  Post something.

Post something right off the freeway so we don;t have to drive for 30 minutes down FM1960.

Post something that lets me smoke my cigar and is right around Beltway 8 or 45 and 1960.

When there was a place I really wanted to go, I posted something on wed or Thurs and then kept it floated in teh TX forum so everyone would see it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Way too complicated.  The simplicity that has worked well for the last 3 years has been fine.  
This week got screwed up because it was changed too many times.  Pick one location and stick with it.  Voldy, I know you like to post the location, but please......wait until Sunday night to post something for a few weeks.  Lets give some of the other guys a chance to pick a place that works for them.  I think we all would rather see someone pick a bar near them so they can actually make it rather than play guessing games about "what if" we chose a place "here or there" and maybe they'll come.  

1. must have food

If we keep it simple like we always have it works, if it gets too complicated everyone just gets frustrated.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I look forward to getting together with you guys all week and I hate to see some feel excluded because they can't make it due to plans getting changed repeatedly.

look at how civil the discussion has gotten since i posted it.  maybe i had a method to my madness.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

1. must have food

look at how civil the discussion has gotten since i posted it.  maybe i had a method to my madness.

Don't fool yourself, there is NO method to your madness!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:50:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Twas always civil....y'all take my cussing too much to heart.

I agree that we keep it simple. Post on Sunday and we'll all see it and it won't have the chance to go through a thousand changes before Tuesday.

Oh and did I mention?

[Cartman voice on]Screw you guys, I'm going home[/Cartman Voice Off]  

Coz you're always civil...............no matter what I hear coming out of your mouth there is a smile on it.  BTW I'm still enjoying my new knife i got for christmas!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#10]
So is it still at the Texadelphias out side the loop tonight?

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:10:24 PM EDT
[#11]
yup. good meet. I had fun, the current situation concerning the north not withstanding
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
yup. good meet. I had fun, the current situation concerning the north not withstanding

Hey, it's 10:15!  Shouldn't you be naming the location of the next meet?  Need a map?  I'll have it laminated so you can use your crayons.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
not trying to pick a fight, kirk. when I said situation with the north, I meant the fact that I was advised that i-45 was going to be jam-packed and it would be a bad idea to meet up at that location...... etc...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
not trying to pick a fight, kirk. when I said situation with the north, I meant the fact that I was advised that i-45 was going to be jam-packed and it would be a bad idea to meet up at that location...... etc...

Which has absolutly nothing to do with your habit of calling the location for the next meet before any of the rest of us have even had a chance to digest our food.

Reading Is Fundamental.

No one is going to give you a gold star for being the first to name a location.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah west side was screwed up. took me an hour to get to the meet. Was pissed by the time I arrived.

PIT: a calling out I made over what I thought to be an offensive BS claim that ended up to actually being true and basically it mutating down into an insult-fest. end of story.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:46:44 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Which has absolutly nothing to do with your habit of calling the location for the next meet before any of the rest of us have even had a chance to digest our food.

Reading Is Fundamental.

No one is going to give you a gold star for being the first to name a location.

I think I was calling one every other week, and I wasn't competing for anything, dude. chill out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:55:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
yeah west side was screwed up. took me an hour to get to the meet. Was pissed by the time I arrived.

PIT: a calling out I made over what I thought to be an offensive BS claim that ended up to actually being true and basically it mutating down into an insult-fest. end of story Voldermortist got his ass handed to him repeatedly.

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

PIT: a calling out I made over what I thought to be an offensive BS claim that ended up to actually being true and basically it mutating down into an insult-fest. end of story Voldermortist got his ass handed to him repeatedly.

Fixed it for you.

I wouldn't comment until you get the FULL details of the issue.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:00:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Enlighten me.  

I can't wait to hear this...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fixed it for you.

Enlighten me.  

I can't wait to hear this...

The first thing is, when I first heard about Patty was right in the middle of her senator claim. She was going around spouting that was she was a senator for oregon for a while and she got proven a liar. BIGTIME. individual who was actually the senator was Greg Walden of the state oregon. Anyhow, even after that I watched a while as people complained about her and her SUPPOSIDLY far-fetched stories. I really didn't care until the other day. Then she makes a claim that she has cancer. Naturally of course if a person lies enough, when they DO tell the truth, people are inclined not to believe them. I did not believe her. I did not believe her because of how very QUICKLY and how very STERNLY she advocated people not to send her financial help. Now people turn down financial help all the time and usually rather subtly which I'm used to hearing and reading about. So when she was so quick to say no to it and so adamant, it make me think that she felt she had gone to far with her little escapade(which later turned out not to be an escapade at all. I've explained all this to SC-Texas btw.) and was quickly trying to prevent people from sending her money which could easily have turned into a case of fraud. That's what I believed. On top of that, my mother has cancer. So I didn't take it as lightly as other people would have if it had been a joke. So in a very rude and less than subtle way(which I definitely should not have done now) I basically called her out and asked her to prove it. This quickly turned into a shitstorm and at first, after that happened, I didn't take it all too seriously. After all this is the internet. I finally spoke with DaBunny about the issue. Now while I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth, I do however believe him. He assures me she does have cancer. I have made a PUBLIC and willing apology to her and have wished her the best of luck in fighting her cancer. I admitted PUBLICLY I was wrong about it having been another lie,but I think you can see now why I DID think it was  just another lie and why I would be offended by it. Cancer is not a laughing matter and I was under the impression that she was treating it as such.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#22]

I think I was calling one every other week, and I wasn't competing for anything, dude. chill out.

Yes, and that is still half of the meets. The Houston crew has grown in numbers, and others might like to nominate new locations without having to race to beat you to the post.  FYI, I generally agree that Voldie has picked some good places to meet. This time, I have to disagree with the last minute change of plans.

We ought to consider a scheduled rotation of the meets, such as 1st Tuesday, North, 2nd Tuesday, West, etc. Also, maybe a regular meeting place in the center of all of us would be a good idea.

At minimum, we really need to quit changing locations at least 3 or 4 days prior to the Tuesday meets. I am sure that some people cannot access AR15.com from work and have missed out on the meets due to the last minute changes.

As far as the hassle of deciding a place to meet, I suggest something either downtown, or on the North or NorthWest side of town between Downtown and loop 610. The major concentration of us seem to be in Central, north, and Northwest Houston. I know that there are others scattered throughout the region, but we really should try and keep the meets within a central geographical region. For me, it is usually 30 to 40 miles each way. I enjoy meeting with everyone, so I think it is worth the trip.

With that said, I think I will go and burp up some nice chicken wings.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes, and that is still half of the meets. The Houston crew has grown in numbers, and others might like to nominate new locations without having to race to beat you to the post.  FYI, I generally agree that Voldie has picked some good places to meet. This time, I have to disagree with the last minute change of plans.

We ought to consider a scheduled rotation of the meets, such as 1st Tuesday, North, 2nd Tuesday, West, etc. Also, maybe a regular meeting place in the center of all of us would be a good idea.

At minimum, we really need to quit changing locations at least 3 or 4 days prior to the Tuesday meets. I am sure that some people cannot access AR15.com from work and have missed out on the meets due to the last minute changes.

As far as the hassle of deciding a place to meet, I suggest something either downtown, or on the North or NorthWest side of town between Downtown and loop 610. The major concentration of us seem to be in Central, north, and Northwest Houston. I know that there are others scattered throughout the region, but we really should try and keep the meets within a central geographical region. For me, it is usually 30 to 40 miles each way. I enjoy meeting with everyone, so I think it is worth the trip.

With that said, I think I will go and burp up some nice chicken wings.

Well I'm not going to post for a while. Everyone seems to be pissed off at me... Well it's been a shitty week. I feel like shit right now so I'm going to bed and I'll check up on this stuff in the morning.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't take it too seriously. There is more than enough stress flying around this time of year with the Holiday season.  I, and others, enjoy your posts.

Nobody in our group outranks anyone else (except Goat Boy).

My opinion? I think the holiday stress is getting to us all!

Keith
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't take it too seriously. There is more than enough stress flying around this time of year with the Holiday season.  I, and others, enjoy your posts.

Nobody in our group outranks anyone else (except Goat Boy).

My opinion? I think the holiday stress is getting to us all!

Keith

oh no not that dude, it's the whole Patty thing. I really stepped over the line.... I feel like I'm going to throw up over all this...... I shouldn't have done that Pit post.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyhow, even after that I watched a while as people complained about her and her SUPPOSIDLY far-fetched stories. I really didn't care until the other day. Then she makes a claim that she has cancer. Naturally of course if a person lies enough, when they DO tell the truth, people are inclined not to believe them. I did not believe her. I did not believe her because of how very QUICKLY and how very STERNLY she advocated people not to send her financial help. Now people turn down financial help all the time and usually rather subtly which I'm used to hearing and reading about. So when she was so quick to say no to it and so adamant, it make me think that she felt she had gone to far with her little escapade(which later turned out not to be an escapade at all. I've explained all this to SC-Texas btw.) and was quickly trying to prevent people from sending her money which could easily have turned into a case of fraud. That's what I believed.

She didn't want money so she must be lying?  You based your entire rant on that???  Eval Knievel couldn't even make that kind of leap.

On top of that, my mother has cancer. So I didn't take it as lightly as other people would have if it had been a joke. So in a very rude and less than subtle way(which I definitely should not have done now) I basically called her out and asked her to prove it. This quickly turned into a shitstorm and at first, after that happened, I didn't take it all too seriously. After all this is the internet. I finally spoke with DaBunny about the issue. Now while I don't believe a single word that comes out of her mouth, I do however believe him. He assures me she does have cancer. I have made a PUBLIC and willing apology to her and have wished her the best of luck in fighting her cancer. I admitted PUBLICLY I was wrong about it having been another lie,but I think you can see now why I DID think it was  just another lie and why I would be offended by it. Cancer is not a laughing matter and I was under the impression that she was treating it as such.

I lost my mom to breast cancer less than 2 years ago.  It's a real touchy subject for me.  How hard would it to be to simply say a prayer for Patty and move on?  

Your post was the most tasteless thing I have ever seen on AR15.com.  I read the entire thread, including your Clintonian apology.  It was pathetic.

I don't like you.  Stay away from me at the shoots, meets and any other SE Texas crew gatherings.  Don't talk to me, don't ask to use any of my gear.  You are a poor example of a human, a Texan, and an ARFcommer.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:36:51 PM EDT
[#28]
ok change of attitude now that I have some oxygen in my blood instead of caffeine and lack of sleep. rescinding the claim I will not attend meets anymore. Ok so I screwed up and I'm definitely not doing THAT again. I've made my apologies over the thing, that's the most I can do. I'm forwarding on this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:38:07 PM EDT
[#29]
wow I step out for a couple of hours and I miss everything
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:55:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Geez guys...he had an opinion and thoughts on something and he posted it.  Whether he was wrong or right I don't know and I don't really care.  It's the internet for crying out loud.

If she wasn't a female then I bet this wouldn't be such a big issue at all.  But because you guys are so quick to lick the ass of any female on this site you treat others different than you normally would.  

Keith...can you post the, "can't we all just get along" pic again.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:58:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Keith won't be awake till 9 or 10... lazy PI...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:03:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Ask, and you shall receive:

Keith won't be awake till 9 or 10... lazy PI...

Ha! I made it up at the crack of 9:45 AM today!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Geez guys...he had an opinion and thoughts on something and he posted it.  Whether he was wrong or right I don't know and I don't really care.  It's the internet for crying out loud.

If she wasn't a female then I bet this wouldn't be such a big issue at all.  But because you guys are so quick to lick the ass of any female on this site you treat others different than you normally would.  

Have you read the 14 pages of drivel in the pit?

Added this on edit....

See also bragging about it www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=218334

Yeah...I wasted quite a few minutes of my life reading all that.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Ha! I made it up at the crack of 9:45 AM today!

2:30pm
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top