Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 7:02:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:18:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Not completley suprised....living in Frisco myself, I see it turning into little West Plano everyday.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Let's boycott that place...

Maybe we can organize a gun event/swap meet on a nearby empty property, wide open for all to see... hehe
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not completley suprised....living in Frisco myself, I see it turning into little West Plano everyday.

If I where you, I'd change my username out of protest.  

Seriously, what a bunch of wimps.  

R.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

+1 on that. McKinney is too...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:58:27 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure how the boycott will be effective, although deserved...

Frisco has few hotels, and Embassy's proximity to the mall/ballpark/ice rink and the nearby fortune 500 companies provides ample business.  (I'm sure the Legacy Dr businesses povide over half of their revenue)

Hard to make them feel any pain.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:15:36 AM EDT
[#8]
spread the word... I am sure your company might be the type of company to book rooms at that place... see what you can do to prevent that....

Also, maybe boycott the entire area, including the mall, as those soccer moms are all over the place. I doubt we'd make a dent though since there are so many like them...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:57:47 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 on boycott and informing embassy suites of the boycott. tell em to go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Two links to get yall started.....
www.dallasfrisco.embassysuites.com/
hammonshotels.com/dallas-frisco/

maybe a letter to the editor at the Frisco Star newspaper

I have to get back to work.... will look at these later to see if I can write a message or several.

P.S.  The official name of the outfit that put on that show is "Classic Shows", right?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:19:49 AM EDT
[#11]
you realize that they may bring up the "ND" that happened on the 1st day, by a Glock Armorer, 12 minutes into the 1st show they had in Frisco... and that could be BAD news if they mention this to the media as another reason for dumping the show.... maybe we should tuck our tail between our legs and RUN! hehe j/k I don't know...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
spread the word... I am sure your company might be the type of company to book rooms at that place... see what you can do to prevent that....

Yes, but it's way out of my hands.  

Any hotel we use must be part of a national contract and that is negotiated by purchasing.  Part of the buy our products and we'll use your hotel syndrome.

BTW...for those that don't know, Embassy Suites is part of the Hilton family of hotels.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:38:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
you realize that they may bring up the "ND" that happened on the 1st day, by a Glock Armorer, 12 minutes into the 1st show they had in Frisco... and that could be BAD news if they mention this to the media as another reason for dumping the show.... maybe we should tuck our tail between our legs and RUN! hehe j/k I don't know...

Yes, I realize that.

I just emailed the organizers of www.classicshows.com to clarify and inviting them to join this discussion... but like Robbie said: too bad the moms couldnt have made it a learning experience for their kids.  I too think that was the nicest show I've been to - ever!

ETA: well, the address linked off www.classicshows.com gets bounced back as "unroutable".
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
+1 on boycott and informing embassy suites of the boycott. tell em to go fuck themselves.

+1

Bunch of yuppies anyway, take the SUV soccer moms and shove this !

Give me a friggin break !

How do you think this country was founded with a bunch of pussies saying dont use guns or knives
and lets be passive and get our asses kicked..

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Two links to get yall started.....
www.dallasfrisco.embassysuites.com/
hammonshotels.com/dallas-frisco/

maybe a letter to the editor at the Frisco Star newspaper

I have to get back to work.... will look at these later to see if I can write a message or several.

P.S.  The official name of the outfit that put on that show is "Classic Shows", right?

Right...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:35:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Oh, and another thought..... there's a mall over there that I was planning on dropping the wife off at... a letter to the mall mgmt letting them know they'll be missing some visits might be in order.... and isnt there a Trail Dust or something like that over in that area that we (as a group) woulda gone to????  Surely I'm not the only one with pretty much no other reason to go spend $$ in Frisco, than the nicest gunshow in the metroplex.  :(
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:54:29 PM EDT
[#17]
just get a list of addresses of all the businesses in the area and post them here for all to send...

Texas Stardom restaurant is right across the street from the hotel in the mall parking lot...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Texas Stardom restaurant is right across the street from the hotel in the mall parking lot...

Not anymore...that place shutdown.

That's a tough location.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not anymore...that place shutdown.

That's a tough location.

I think its about to get tougher :D... hehe
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Well remember this - BOYCOTT Embassy Suites, not just the Frisco location!!!  Just because it is an excellent location and the only hotel in Frisco, etc does not mean we cannot boycott the entire corporation!!!!!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:15:17 PM EDT
[#21]
 It's part of Hilton Hotels.

Here's a link to their customer service email page.
embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/feedback/index.jhtml;jsessionid=TDPQYSNQAZSJ2CSGBIU2VCQKIYFC3UUC

It goes to Hilton Corporate.   Embassy Suites may be anti-civil rights, not just the 2nd Amendment, but Hilton Hospitality Corp. may not be.

Also, request that they call you in person or send a letter explaining what their actions are intended to do.

mm
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#22]
My email to them saying that I will never do business with them or their affiliates got a quick response!

The original message was received at Wed, 14 Dec 2005 16:16:51 -0800 (PST)
from c-67-177-75-244.hsd1.tx.comcast.net [67.177.75.244]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
<[email protected]>
   (reason: 550 No such user - psmtp)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to jqh.com.s8a1.psmtp.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<[email protected]>
<<< 550 No such user - psmtp
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
another example of a few oppressing the majority
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#24]
No surprise, can't say I blame them. A ND 15 minutes into the first-ever event was not a good "thanks for hosting us" message. Then with the poor parking layout, which makes 80% of the attendees walk through the hotel lobby as a opposed to the Convention Center entrance, is also not friendly. How many hotel guests do you think had guns pointed at them as a result of this? Probably a quite a few, and more than a couple of those guns were probably loaded. Easier to say good riddance to gun owners than to address the problems.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:03 PM EDT
[#25]
It's Frisco...what did you expect?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Seems like most of Collin county has been over run by soccer Mom's and girlie men.  Collin McKinney www.therestorationmovement.com/mckinney,_collin.htm must be rolling in his grave over what the county that bears his name and what this state has and is turning into.

There is no place in Grayson county big enough to have a show anywhere. There was talk of a show in one of the hangars at Grayson County Airport but from what I understand that has been shot down. It's a shame because a show in this area would draw a large crowd.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:15:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Matt will be having a new show in Denton, he said it was a huge place, also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:14 AM EDT
[#28]

I work for a Hilton franchise.....

Hilton Hotels is ANTI-GUN wouldnt have a problem believing the GM of the hotel may have been pressed by corporate after 1 complaint letter..to drop a gunshow in their space. GM PROBABLY covering his ass with the soccor mom excuse...

believe Hilton gives money to Brady and others every year..saw it on a website somewhere, know it exists, the site researchs this and posts it,
I have also seen it in hotel trade magazines being mentioned..
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Didn't know that. My gold Hilton card just hit the trash can.

Looking forward to a Denton show.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Here's a draft of the letter to the editor (they like it under 300 words).  I intend to send a copy to the mall and embassy suites as well.... and perhaps the Chamber of Commerce.

Until I attended the Frisco Gun Show at the Embassy Suites Conference Center, I had no reason to visit Frisco.  This show was so nice, it was the first one I felt my wife would actually enjoy.  I'd resolved to attend every Frisco Gun Show I could, and afterward visit the Stonebriar Mall to help balance out the day for my wife, and finish with dinner in Frisco.

However, I learned that Embassy Suites has cancelled all future dates for the show.  It seems they'd recieved complaints from mothers unwilling to reassure their kids that normal citizens sometimes carry guns, and mean no harm.  Instead of learning and educating, they let fear and ignorance control them.
They "shutdown" an activity which allows free expression by, and the enjoyment of, their neighbors who feel that firearms are an essential right of American citizens.  Another example of that form of liberalism whose primary tactic is to squelch those with differing views.

Some may say "Gun Shows are dangerous". I challenge them to sit in a nearby emergency room during a Gun Show.  I am certain they would see more patients admitted for automobile accidents, pee-wee football injuries, or gardening accidents, than from ANY gunshot wounds.  

For the few hours I was present, I estimate over 1000 individuals at the show. How many folks attend over the two days it runs?  I'm sure the vast majority of those attending, like me, were not from Frisco and several groups make it a tradition of going out for lunch nearby during a Gun Show.  It's truly a shame that the actions of a few uninformed people have removed this economic benefit
from the city and businesses of Frisco.  

Patrick Henry Larkin, Jr
Carrollton Texas USA

Probably won't do any good, but it'll make ME feel better... and that's what's really important!  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:43:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:05:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Frisco Chamber Of Commerce.
http://www.friscochamber.com/chamber/contact.asp

Embassy/Hilton Contact page.
http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/customersupport/index.jhtml

It takes only a moment to express your (polite ) displeasure. Please guys/gals, as a community we must stand together, use the first amendment to support the second :)
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:14:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I sent my letter to the editor, and copies to stonebriar mall, embassy suites and select members of the Frisco Chamber.  I have had one cryptic reply.... from someone at embassy suites.... here it is (name witheld, cuz I didnt get their permission to post their message):

Patrick,
Your input is well received. Are you aware there was a discharge of a gun in the show? There are several major components which have led the hotel to consider the "gun shows" at the same time we consider all business which is booked. Never to have another gun show there is not the issue, goes beyond and more complex than that.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#35]
It all boils down to money...the balance in this area is tilted to the soccer moms so companies will bow to them.

The same year Stonebriar Mall opened, Frisco's tax roll increased 80%...

Compare that business to what a couple of gun shows bring and you can see there is no priority to keep the gun shows and perceived issues that follow them...

I have a big problem with it, but it's reality....too many non-natives around here.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:04:23 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Well, I sent my letter to the editor, and copies to stonebriar mall, embassy suites and select members of the Frisco Chamber.  I have had one cryptic reply.... from someone at embassy suites.... here it is (name witheld, cuz I didnt get their permission to post their message):

Patrick,
Your input is well received. Are you aware there was a discharge of a gun in the show? There are several major components which have led the hotel to consider the "gun shows" at the same time we consider all business which is booked. Never to have another gun show there is not the issue, goes beyond and more complex than that.

I figured the first thing they would mention would be the discharge...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:34:15 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I figured the first thing they would mention would be the discharge...

So did I... hence my reference to auto-accidents and peewee football injuries in the letter. Probably, some other "conference" panicked and threatened to pull their business.

P.S.  just got mail from Frisco Visitors/Conventions Bureau... they'll talk to Embassy Suites too.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:04:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
It all boils down to money...the balance in this area is tilted to the soccer moms so companies will bow to them.

The same year Stonebriar Mall opened, Frisco's tax roll increased 80%...

Compare that business to what a couple of gun shows bring and you can see there is no priority to keep the gun shows and perceived issues that follow them...

I have a big problem with it, but it's reality....too many non-natives around here.

So why do you have a big problem with it? It's a buisnessman making a business decision. If you owned stock in one of these companies and they were losing money because they allowed a gun show, would you be happy with that ? You are correct, it comes down to money. That's what capitalisim is all about.

Don't get me wrong. I will REALLY miss this show as I live just down the street.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So why do you have a big problem with it? It's a buisnessman making a business decision. If you owned stock in one of these companies and they were losing money because they allowed a gun show, would you be happy with that ? You are correct, it comes down to money. That's what capitalisim is all about.

Don't get me wrong. I will REALLY miss this show as I live just down the street.

Hey, Ed... worked out your anger issues against paint cans yet?  (just kidding)

You are absolutely right, but when you boil it down even further (and I think this is what frisco is talking about) its that the capitalist model gets turned on its head when a few folks get hysterical about us "gun nuts".   I frankly don't care if they have a convention for "people who roll their turds into little balls" (Ron White) or anything else that is not against the law.  I sure as heck wouldn't begrudge folks I think are "weird" from having a convention.  But it is especially annoying when newcomers arrive and try to declare those they find there as "so weird, they shoudnt be allowed to do that".  These newcomers are usually liberals who do stuff like bemoan the treatment of "Indians" by the (then) newcomer WhiteMan.  Pot, Kettle....

Now, if they held a "rapists" convention, or hosted a "Hizbollah" convention, THEN I'd have a huge problem.  But face it: we're law abiding folks with an interest in a particular lawful activity, and we shouldn't be denied our "pursuit of happiness".

sidenote: over 10 years ago, my sister's wedding night was almost ruined when the hotel they were staying at also had a Gay/Lesbian convention at the same time.  The G/L folks were jeering at the newlyweds and knocked on their door at all hours of the nite.  She faulted not the hotel, but the rudeness of the G/L community.  As it turns out, the Best-Man made a call, and the hotel greeted them upon their return from their Alaska cruise honeymoon with a limo and a free night's stay.  (she's a big anti-gun liberal, but on THIS (right to be weird as long as you don't impose it on me), I agree with her).  I hope there was no 'rudeness' from the gunowning community that lead to this, or otherwise helped solidify it.

And finally... I've exchanged Email with the GM of Embassy Suites, and he was not aware of any "mothers of scared kids".  He invited me to call him after the holidays (and gave me his direct #).
If I'm as fired up about this next year as I am right now, I'll give him a shout.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:15:16 AM EDT
[#40]
I was waiting at a red light a couple of years ago on hwy 121 in front of the mall when my van was hit in the rear by a huge suv driven by a SOCCER MOM who at the time was talking on her cell phone.

That area (Frisco) is overrun with them!!!

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Not completley suprised....living in Frisco myself, I see it turning into little West Plano North Austin everyday.

Fixed it for you.

wganz

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:31:00 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
wganz

I shot with your son today.  Took me a minute to make the connections between his and your screen name.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top