Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2005 6:36:54 AM EDT
Anybody know of a good place in the DFW metroplex that can engrave my receiver for an SBR???

I'd prefer to find a place locally; if not, I guess I'll mail it to likemopar.

No luck finding a place in DFW, does anybody know of anywhere in Texas that I can get my SBr engraved with the necessary information???
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:50:49 AM EDT
[#1]
What part of DFW are you lookin fer?
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 10:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Fort Worth would be best, but anywhere would beat shipping it out.  I could try a trophy shop/jewler or somewhere, but I don't really want to take a chance of it being screwed up.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No luck finding a place in DFW, does anybody know of anywhere in Texas that I can get my SBr engraved with the necessary information???
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry, it took a while to get back to you, but try giving these guys a call:

ADVANCE ENGRAVERS  605 S SHERMAN SUITE 505H RICHARDSON  972-644-6520
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, just spoke to them, they MIGHT be able to do it.  

Keep 'em coming!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:13:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#7]
FWIW, I sent mine to a large trophy shop in Tyler, and was NOT happy with the results.  They just didn't have the equipment necessary to cut deep enough in the anodozing.  I ended up sending it off to likemopar/tomsawyermfg, and I couldn't have been happier.

If you really want to keep it in TX, I think Keith @ NFA Investments has an engraving setup to mark his own cans, etc. but I'm not sure if he does engraving for others.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I've been in touch with Steve and will more than likely go that route.  I've got a lead for a guy tomorrow located near downtown FW.  If that turns out well, I'll let everyone else know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#9]
i heard that some trophy shops will do it on an alumium receiver (AR15) but not on a steel receiver (Remington 870) due to it damaging the stylus.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top