Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Due to the drastic increase in the wear and tear on my guns, I will not be able to let everyone shoot my auto collection for free. SC-Texas and I are trying to determine a fair way of handling this matter. More than likely, I will be charging some sort of use fee for each weapon and shooter. Most other businesses who allow MG rentals charge around $20.00 per shooter, per gun. At this time, I am leaning towards $10.00 per magazine with your ammo, or $15.00 per mag with mine.
In fairness to everyone, I can make no exceptions at this type of public shoot. If you want to shoot my guns, all of which are in my dealer inventory, there will have to be some sort of compensation.

All of us with full-autos love to let others enjoy our toys. Heck, I have more fun letting others get to shoot them than I actually do shooting them myself. The problem is that for every round I was putting through my guns, there were approximately 10 other rounds put through by others.  This has caused accelerated wear on my full-autos; it costs me money to maintain these firearms, many of which needed for business demonstration purposes. At the Labor Day shoot, I asked for a simple donation of $4.00 per mag from shooters to help cover the cost of maintaining, repairing, and cleaning the guns. Only Mauser Mark offered any money at all.  At that point, I told SC-Texas and others that I would no longer be attending public shoots. SC-Texas has done what he could to change the situation, and I am going to give it one more try.

I am not trying to be as ass about the matter, but I think we all know that I have needed to make this change for a while now. I don't think anyone here would go out and purchase a new sports car, drive it to a shoot, then let everyone who take turns running it up and down the road as fast as, and as many times as they wanted to. Try going to a rental car business and telling them you just want to test drive a Mustang GT for about 10 minutes for free...  I don't see it happening.

It sucks to be the nice guy with the nice toys(being known for letting everyone who wants to play with his toys at will), and having to change the way he lets others play with the toys. It sucks more to be the nice guy whose nice toys have been worn out, and who can't affort to repair or replace the toy collection.

I appologize for having to make this change, but I simply cannot afford to maintain a free amusement park for everyone any longer.

If anyone has any specific questions, please IM me directly.

Keith

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wonder if we can register this event as an officical "Gun Show".

I need to look into what it takes to do that.

That way,  I and Holland GW, and others could actually legally sell lowers and firearms there.

Nevermind

"
The definition of a "gun show" in H.R. 2122 includes only those events at which there are 50 or more firearms offered or exhibited for sale and 10 or more firearm vendors."

Would be a good tax deduction
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Guys, as you may know, I may or may not be there, BUT, I can have shirts made for us by my good friend who runs a screen-printing biz.  He can have them made and shipped to me by the 31st, and I was gonna hand them out at the shoot, would anyone be interested in this?  Something like, "Ringing in the New Year with a 3 round burst, Arfcom Houston Crew New Years Eve shoot." and have a graphic as well.  Let me know, I thought it would be something everyone would want.  If I can't go at the last second I'll give them to someone who is going to hand out.

-mark

Any XXXL?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#5]
allright, I should be able to get some XXXL sizes, I'll ask him.

-mark
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:04:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Keith,You do what you feel you need to do,this is your buisness livelyhood.Some lookat it as "toys" you must look at it as marketing tools for buisness.I agree completly.

Give me a call when you get some time i have a new 1800 deg. coating that you might be intrested in.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Keith, sound more than fair to me.

would you consider a daily rate?  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#9]
If you get to shoot any of my NFA stuff, I ask the following:

1. I pre-approve any ammo put through them.
2. If it breaks while you are firing it, you pay to get it fixed.
3. You wear safety glasses

Like Keith has stated, these weapons have increased in price astronomically in the past few years and so has the parts they contain.  I once had a .09 cent wolf .45 auto round, blow my Thompson bolt to junk.  It blew the extractor 180 degress around and a 1/2 chunk off the bottowm of the bolt, not to mention jamming the whole thing in the back of the reciever. $120 and a few hours work, and the gun is running again. (but hey I saved a few cents on ammo).he

Brett
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Ammo, that is the question.

Wolf: I use it in my macs- never had a problem . . .  . other people have

PMC- some people have had not problems, others have had blowups

Winchester- same thing

Olympic- same

What is good ammo?

I'm sticking with Wolf polymer.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I still want an mp43 kit gun built in 5.45x39
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:42:32 PM EDT
[#12]
what nationality made the MP43?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Ammo, that is the question.

Wolf: I use it in my macs- never had a problem . . .  . other people have

PMC- some people have had not problems, others have had blowups

Winchester- same thing

Olympic- same

What is good ammo?

I'm sticking with Wolf polymer.

I stay away from Wolf because of that one experience (at least .45 that is)

My Thompson likes everything except Wolf, Olympic and handloads.  Will eat most everything else.
M-16 like just about everything 55grain
MP-40's like anything with a brass case.  Aluminum case rips the rims and steel case has the occasional jam.
MP-44      DUH!
MG-34 & MG-42's......any military surplus, but i prefer non-corrosive

Bretthug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Be forewarned that the cartridge angle precludes using original MP-44 magazines.  There is a reason the AK mags have that distinctive curve in them.  I experimented with AK-47 blanks in my MP-44 and found that after 8 rounds, the cartridges start to nose dive into the magazine.  That stopped several people from rebarreling their MP-44's.hy.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

And you call yourself a German Weapons Lover.

MKb 42 became MP-43 became MP44 became STG45
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:01:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Keith, sound more than fair to me.

would you consider a daily rate?

I would imagiane we can work something out.

For all of you who have been supportive of my business and have purchased products and services in the past, you all can (and should) expect a major break on pricing at the shoot,
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

the kit (if they were around) would cost a few grand, not to mention whoever would make the receiver would charge at least another grand.

I'd probably still come up with the money for the kit and a semi receiver even though it's only realistic to have it in 7.92x33.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:25:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And you call yourself a German Weapons Lover.

MKb 42 became MP-43 became MP44 became STG45

I know the model designations, it was the person asking, he asks some off-the-wall questions sometimes
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:29:34 AM EDT
[#19]
I will have:

3 XXXL (2 were requrested)

7 XXL

7 XL

I can always get more afterwards, or right before.

Just a heads up.

thanks again.

-mark
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:00:24 AM EDT
[#20]
I am XXL and need one.  What is it that we are getting, anyway?  Type slow as I am not too bright.

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:13:10 AM EDT
[#21]
well I'll have 7, Sean, and a couple other guys have said they need one, those that responded in the thread with the size will get that size first, whatever is left anyone can have.

oh and the guys that just said, "put me down for one" I'm asuming XL.

a shirt design for the shoot
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:34:25 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
well I'll have 7, Sean, and a couple other guys have said they need one, those that responded in the thread with the size will get that size first, whatever is left anyone can have.

a shirt design for the shoot

I would like an XXL.  I will be there unless the weather is total crap.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:57:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I'd like an XL t-shirt.

Keith Can we bump fire the uzi and m-16 under water.

Not to shove holes in your analogy but that is exactly what Krysie and i did when we bought the mustang.  Went to another dealership and ragged on one and then went to Tomball Ford to get the keeper.
I do under stand your feelings on the issue as everyone on a certain side of my family feels that it is their right to get to drive MY new toy.  Maybe i should try the same tact towards theit hottie girlfriends...
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:19:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'd like an XL t-shirt.

Like a XL will fit you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'd like an XL t-shirt.

Not to shove holes in your analogy but that is exactly what Krysie and i did when we bought the mustang.  Went to another dealership and ragged on one and then went to Tomball Ford to get the keeper.
I do under stand your feelings on the issue as everyone on a certain side of my family feels that it is their right to get to drive MY new toy.  Maybe i should try the same tact towards theit hottie girlfriends...

so when your start it does it blow black smoke out of the tail pipe yet?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Keith: NFA_Investments

What type and or brand of ammo do you prefer for a 9mm & 5.56 to go through one of your weapons ? I want to make sure on what to bring. And are cameras welcome for the shoot ?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:05:00 PM EDT
[#27]

Not to shove holes in your analogy but that is exactly what Krysie and i did when we bought the mustang. Went to another dealership and ragged on one and then went to Tomball Ford to get the keeper.
I do under stand your feelings on the issue as everyone on a certain side of my family feels that it is their right to get to drive MY new toy. Maybe i should try the same tact towards theit hottie girlfriends...

Hmmm... You may want to check with that dealership and see if you can shoot their machineguns...  Test drives for qualified buyers are one thing; joy rides are another.

As for ammo in my guns, any factory loads EXCEPT PMC are OK. No Lake City demilled due to several severe safety problemsa (2 squibs, i with no primer).

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#28]
I hear ya.

Now- back to the choo  planning- anyone want to go out there tonight for a recon?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:43:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:55:05 AM EDT
[#30]
I should be leavin downtown at 5pm

assuming my trial is over by then.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Just plead your client out, that way you can get finished early......isn't that what defense attorneys normally do when they have a social engagement that evening?  

Give me a call when you get on the move, and I'll meet you out there.  If anyone from the NW side wants to ride along, I'll be leaving Cypress between 1715-1730 hours.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:00:10 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just plead your client out, that way you can get finished early......isn't that what defense attorneys normally do when they have a social engagement that evening?  

Give me a call when you get on the move, and I'll meet you out there.  If anyone from the NW side wants to ride along, I'll be leaving Cypress between 1715-1730 hours.

"Yes, your honor, he's GUILTY. he admits it! can I go now?"
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I hear ya.

Now- back to the choo  planning- anyone want to go out there tonight for a recon?

Put me down.I am in,Lets roll,[Willie] On the road again[willie]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Can anyone come?  I'd mostly like to watch, perhaps hold a few pistols.  I'm looking for a handgun of my own.  So I thought you all might help point me in the right direction.  If I would like to shoot something, what's a good range of calibers and brands to bring.  I know some of you all are picky about brand ammunition.  If I can work it out I'll bring our Ar, so I'm not naked.   And maybe you all could give me some pointers with my .25.  

Eta: To add my first post as a memeber.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Can anyone come?  I'd mostly like to watch, perhaps hold a few pistols.  I'm looking for a handgun of my own.  So I thought you all might help point me in the right direction.  If I would like to shoot something, what's a good range of calibers and brands to bring.  I know some of you all are picky about brand ammunition.  If I can work it out I'll bring our Ar, so I'm not naked.   And maybe you all could give me some pointers with my .25.  

Eta: To add my first post as a memeber.

Sure anyone can come,there will be lots to watch.Just be sure you read and understand inst.on page 1.NO STEEL WITH RIFLE!!! AND SAFETY SAFETYSAFETY.Other than that come and have a good time.YOu are welcome to use my 1911 and it eats almost anything.I will be RO(range officer) so i wont be able to spend much time with you but i am sure,someone will.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:42:21 AM EDT
[#37]
Ok head count time,.Who FOR SURE is going?

Theres:
1hole
Sc-texas
NFA-investments
Murderman
Tim(we dont take creditcards)anator
Mausermark
COZ_45 & Daughter
MOMIL
The Gunny& crew
txwxgirl
Clevernickname
Voldermortist
Mauser(i am a daddy)mark & Father
19D20 & crew
txsouthpaw
Spacematic
Presto99
cool-e
Boombastic

IM me if your going,Ill add you to the list.

Feel free to bring your wife/girlfriend,or your wifes girlfriend
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#38]
OK, recon completed!

1HoleAR, Murder(I can see in da Dark)man and Tim(repka's don't take no plastic)inator and I went out and had a look at the range and discussedx the set up with Phil.

We will have all of hte bays used:
Bay 1:  (Short bay)  bump fire and other silly stuff
Bay 2:  All steel- PISTOLS ONLY
Bay 3:  Rifle with paper targets
Bay 4:  Tactical:  Pistols, rifles, shotguns or subguns.  Run by Phil nad hte IPSC guys
Bay 5:  Tim(Repkas don't take no plastic)inator's 3 tres gun scenario

Parking:  We wil have parking in designated places.  

Anyone with large loadouts, like the machinegune guys should IM me re parking.  I plan on putting them on the line so they can set up and monitor their weapons and gear.

Tables & Chairs:  Bring em if you have em.

Range Volunteers:  
IM me if you are willing to do an hour to help monitor one of the ranges

I need a few more people to help with this.

So far:
SC-Texas
Murderman
1HoleAR
Voldermortist
Timinator
338WinMag
UHsammy
Presto99
COZ_45
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#39]
1HoleAR,

The Gunny and myself will have a group of about 10 guys or so.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:35:51 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
1HoleAR,

The Gunny and myself will have a group of about 10 guys or so.

Please Folks IM me,we dont want to tie up the thread with who all is going>Thats why i am keeping a list.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:40:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:43:34 AM EDT
[#42]
On the parking guys,  I'm going to say that the RO's and dealers can park on the range, anyone else can pull in and unload, then move their rigs to the outside.  as in the past there will be a sign in at the command center  (Cammo Bus) My pric attorney says you can't even watch without signing a wavier, and it gives me a chance to again tell you not to shoot the steel with rifle calibers, and that this is a Muzzel down range!  Anyone who breaks a major safety rule such as pointing loaded guns up range or covering anyone including themselfs with a weapon, doesn't get to play for the rest of the day! no exceptions on that one, and the first one that tells me BUTit's not loaded gets slaped. better yet we hold you and everyone gets to slap you

see ya on the 31st

Phil
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:33:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Therefore, bring tables and chairs for the line!

AND:

I'd like a legal description of slaPing?

Is that a slap witht he back of your off hand?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:38:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Therefore, bring tables and chairs for the line!

AND:

I'd like a legal description of slaPing?

Is that a slap witht he back of your off hand?

NO........thats a bitch slap.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
On the parking guys,  I'm going to say that the RO's and dealers can park on the range, anyone else can pull in and unload, then move their rigs to the outside.  as in the past there will be a sign in at the command center  (Cammo Bus) My pric attorney says you can't even watch without signing a wavier, and it gives me a chance to again tell you not to shoot the steel with rifle calibers, and that this is a Muzzel down range!  Anyone who breaks a major safety rule such as pointing loaded guns up range or covering anyone including themselfs with a weapon, doesn't get to play for the rest of the day! no exceptions on that one, and the first one that tells me BUTit's not loaded gets slaped. better yet we hold you and everyone gets to slap you

see ya on the 31st

Phil

Phill, does that mean that if there are non shooters that sign a wavier they must pay the 10.00 too?Just for clarification for those that want to bring non shooters.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#46]
The range fee is for shooters only,  I expect people to be honest and I don't want to have to put wrist bands on folks or stamp your hand so the cops know you been at the arfcom shoot and put you through a cordit test to see if you over the legal limit of fun!

EVERYONE NEEDS EYE & EAR PROTECTION!!!!!!! shooting or not!

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#47]
What ammenties are out there? bathrooms, water etc.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:29:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Phil,

Want to field Mongo63a's question?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#49]
There is a portacan that gets weekly service, I will see if they can't  get it before the shoot just to make sure, otherwise point that weapon well up range. and if ou cover someone with it expect to get slaped!    I will fill all the water coolers with fresh water.  if you shoot yourself the only thing i can do is sutff a Tampax in it,   Kotex are for bad flesh wounds only, and thats if my prick attorney doesn't make me drag your body down to the Brazos River.

Phil
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Hey,

I am your asshole attorney, any resemblance to a prick notwithstanding!

edited for speklling since I can't type for shit!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top