Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
It's been bothering me for the longest time after seeing SC-Texas shooting it at a shoot a few years back.  Just curious who brought it, because he wasn't sure either.

It's kind of the holy grail of firearms to me.

-mm
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 1:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
IT was a friend of mine's I bet. Are you referring to last year's shoot on dec 31?There are a couple guys in my reenacting unit that have them. ANd one of them was there.  Come to an event and you can pop a few rounds through it (first timer's get to do stuff like that, so we can hook em!)

Howard
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 2:20:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
IT was a friend of mine's I bet. Are you referring to last year's shoot on dec 31?There are a couple guys in my reenacting unit that have them. ANd one of them was there.  Come to an event and you can pop a few rounds through it (first timer's get to do stuff like that, so we can hook em!)

Howard

not to be sounding ghey or anything, but that put a big smile on my face.  Just let me know when and I'll compensate for the cost of the ammo.

-mark
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
That might have been me.  I took it to last years New Year's Eve Shoot at the Impact Zone.  Several people came by and looked at it and a few even got to shoot it live.  I will have it there again this New Year's Eve.  I have a few live rounds left for it!  It's the goods!have:M-60
MG-42
MG-34
Thompsons
M-16's
MP-40's
XM-148
M-79
XM-177
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]
wow, if I can't make it to this shoot I will forever hate myself.

but the upcoming birth of my daughter is more important, and gunny, if I can't make it out would I be able to shoot it once at another shoot or re-enactment in the future?

-mark
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 11:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]
We have an event in January, just talk to me at the shoot and I will give you the details.  Just watch out for the Gunny, he might ask you to share a bunk with him.

Howard
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#6]
No Howard,  my bunk is reserved for only you!  
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
ok I'm bringing my camera so I can take pics of guns. I hope you don't mind, but the idea of holding and shooting an m-60 is badass =]]]]]]] I feel like a kid at christmas...

ETA: oh wait, it IS christmas
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That might have been me.  I took it to last years New Year's Eve Shoot at the Impact Zone.  Several people came by and looked at it and a few even got to shoot it live.  I will have it there again this New Year's Eve.  I have a few live rounds left for it!  It's the goods!

Our group will also have:
M-60
MG-42
MG-34
Thompsons
M-16's
MP-40's
XM-148
M-79
XM-177

WOW!!!
Are those transferable or dealer sample?
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Just remeber- those rounds are approx $1.00 plus per round- anyone who shoots it should offer a donation.

It was exciting to shoot a peice of history.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#10]
he let me shoot it, I did offer money but he refused. I kept one of the rounds to add to my collection
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:00:25 AM EDT
[#11]
The 42 is a post-may, the 34 is a pre-may! Everything else is transferrable !heck
www.mooremilitaria.com/misc__photos.htm

Brett
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:32:25 AM EDT
[#12]
awesome, praying to God that I can make it

I thought the price was more like $2 a round from what I've seen time to time online, I'll offer a generous donation
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:20:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:29:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
THOMPSON SIGHTING

THOMPSON SIGHTING

THOMPSON SIGHTING!

Ok, I have only gone FA with a Tommy once.....I'll bring the ammo, heck I'll have a bunch of GI mags loaded already!  I have a semi that is in the shop getting fixed up so that it works.

Ok, an M60 might be fun too

Coz, the next time you come to the Hun Farm, I'll bring a Tommy gun.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 8:57:09 AM EDT
[#15]
What's wrong with you guys?!!!  it's all about the Nazi guns!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Can someone fill me in on the shoot?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#18]
The Gunny is always looking forward to "meeting" new guys!

Quoted:
The 42 is a post-may, the 34 is a pre-may! Everything else is transferrable !

Check the link below and look under New Year's Eve Shoot.  I'm the guy wearing the Marine Shirt.  You'll also see some of the weapons that will be there this year!  look forward to meeting all you guys!

Brett

Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:53:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We have an annual New Years eve daytime shoot at the Impact Zone- Details will be posted at the end of this week.

If you look, there is a plnning thread about it floating around ehre somewhere
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 1:24:15 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We have an annual New Years eve daytime shoot at the Impact Zone- Details will be posted at the end of this week.

If you look, there is a plnning thread about it floating around ehre somewhere

SC, I found it, but it was not clear if full-auto was allowed or not.  Sub-guns or belt feds allowed?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 2:52:11 PM EDT
[#21]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Are sub-guns, MAchine-guns and belt feds allowed?  

He don't know us very wells does he

Yep, full auto is allowed

About the only thinkg that I don't think Phil would allow would be something like this:
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
That might have been me.  I took it to last years New Year's Eve Shoot at the Impact Zone.  Several people came by and looked at it and a few even got to shoot it live.  I will have it there again this New Year's Eve.  I have a few live rounds left for it!  It's the goods!

Our group will also have:
M-60
MG-42
MG-34
Thompsons
M-16's
MP-40's
XM-148
M-79
XM-177

I'm planning on attending this year but I was not going to bring rifle caliber MGs (well might convert my Stoner 63A in to its carbine version) due to the range length. What's the range dimensions for the belt guns?

BTW I was planning on bringing

MP5
Swedish K
Benelli entry gun
maybe the Stoner 63A in carbine configuration (dont' like changing from LMG config in the field)
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:48:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Its very close range- 30-40 yards
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Awesome! I, supposedly, will have my semi back by the 1st Quarter 2006. The guy had problems with his shop and had stop working to rebuild. I hope to be able to at least have the fun of running through a 50 rd drum with my semi at the next Hun Farm trip I make.

I am toying with CLass III licensing right now, but, can't seem to talk myself into the $1500 licensing fees.  I don't see that I'd get enough business to justify it....only it would be fun for me to have dealer samples etc..

I will, someday have an FA tommy. It will be the first FA I buy. I will not waste money on any other, unless I get a really sweet deal on something like a .45 UZI, A real BAR, or an M2 Carbine..though a grease gun would be cool to have too.

Just make sure you don't just get your SOT to enhance a personal collection, that is a big no-no.  You must be in business to get those pre- and post-86 DS guns, and ATF is cracking down on those LE demo letters too...

Get in touch with me before the next Hun Farm and I'll tell you what factory ammo to bring along; I will have a Tommy gun, M2 carbine, Norrell trigger pack (10/22), HK53, MP5, Uzi, and M16.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Are sub-guns, MAchine-guns and belt feds allowed?  www.atomiclabrat.com/images/Emoticon/a2wvgm-shootingm16.gif

He don't know us very wells does he

Yep, full auto is allowed
www.atomiclabrat.com/images/Emoticon/199610382642ba16736161f7to-minigun.gif

About the only thinkg that I don't think Phil would allow would be something like this:
www.atomiclabrat.com/images/Emoticon/Tank.gif

Don't make me bring my MP5, MG34 and MP44
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:26:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep talking Howard and you'll only get to fire a pellet gun at the New Years Eve Shoot!h=85%

Quoted:
The Gunny is always looking forward to "meeting" new guys!

Quoted:
The 42 is a post-may, the 34 is a pre-may! Everything else is transferrable !heck

Brett

Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:51:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Alright! After a year of trying I finally made it on the list! SC, I will be there as well with UH Sammy and Gunny. Gunny has the German guns covered (MG42, MG34, MP40, MP44, etc) as well as some US (Thompson, M16). I am bringing all my Nam guns (M60, M14, M16, AK, M79 and XM148) and the Thompson. I plan on being there early (by 9) to get set up and help out. Plus I have to leave about 3 or so. Our group should have about 4 beltfeds and I know some others on the list will bring some as well (like last time), so maybe we can hold an area on a longer part of the range to set them up and get all the belt guns together.

Gunny and I have talked and we don't mind if guys run some ammo in the machineguns, but ammo is a consideration. For the German MG's (8mm) Euro surplus is available and in-expensive. 70's production or newer and brass cased is preferred. Winchester white box is fine for .223 and 9mm, and okay in Thompson's (mine does not like it). The speer and S&B run very well in them. Wolf works fine in the AK. For the 60 and other .308, no Indian! Portuguese, Australian, British, and USGI are okay. I will have some links. Don't mind someone running a belt / mag or two, but he belt guns take a beating (M60's eat oprods) and the parts are expensive.

Mongo, please bring the Stoner in the LMG config. if you don't mind. I would love to see it run and would gladly trade some trigger time with you (the XM-148 is about as rare as a Stoner though far less expensive and I have plenty of 40mm)

SC, let us know if there is anything we can bring to help out.

Gunny, better hide Howard. Frank and Jared are coming and they may steal him from you!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Mongo, please bring the Stoner in the LMG config. if you don't mind. I would love to see it run and would gladly trade some trigger time with you (the XM-148 is about as rare as a Stoner though far less expensive and I have plenty of 40mm)

If I bring it in LMG configuration (well Commando) will it qualify for the carbine matches
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:52:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I just talked to a friend of mine (and the gunney's) that will be joining us at the shoot as well. He had some nice toys that he is bringing out. He is going to bring his full auto: 1919, BAR, Thompson, M3 Grease Gun, AK, FN-FAL, MP5 and maybe some others. So for anyone who wants to see some cool NFA items this will be a good shoot. The Gunny and I will be bringing about 15 to 20 MG's in our group plus our friends above, Keith always has a truck load, Mongo has a Stoner (still my favorite all time MG) plus lots of other individuals will bring some out as well, so bring a camera!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:10:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Now all we need is some hot women in bikini's and we'll have ourselves one hell of a good shoot!Me like MP-5
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:43:52 AM EDT
[#32]
I've managed to scrounge up 100 rounds of 7.92 x 33 for the MP-44.  If you're lucky enough to get to shoot the MP-44, I'm going to have to charge $1.50 per round.  That should cover ammo and wear & tear on the weapon. I know that you can get the ammo cheaper, but I bought this stuff way back when and most of it is Original or EG post war.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:51:51 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I've managed to scrounge up 100 rounds of 7.92 x 33 for the MP-44.  If you're lucky enough to get to shoot the MP-44, I'm going to have to charge $1.50 per round.  That should cover ammo and wear & tear on the weapon. I know that you can get the ammo cheaper, but I bought this stuff way back when and most of it is Original or EG post war.

gunny, since I made the post do I get at least a few rounds (payed of course)?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:09:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, but I got guys calling me on the phone telling me to save some rounds for them.  I think they will go fast!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yes, but I got guys calling me on the phone telling me to save some rounds for them.  I think they will go fast!

is 10 rounds too much?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I'll stash you 10 rounds tonight!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#37]
gunny what about the MP40, winchester white box 9mm okay?  How much are you going to charge for that, per mag or such?  I just want to make sure I have enough cash on hand that day.

And I have a lot of 8mm but loose, can it be linked for the belt-feds?
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#38]
White Box Winchester 9mm is preferred.  No aluminum cased or steel cased.  It really likes Hirtenburger +P+, but you probably don't have time to get any!

As far as cost, anything would be appreciated, as I just got two (2) kids through college and one of them married off ($$$$$$$ wedding). The wife and I have been eating beenie-weenies for years now!hat
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:43:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Gripe, Gripe, Gripe, Complain, Complain, Complain...

You secretely love weddings. You dream of china patterns and arrange flowers in your spare time! Now if only the park tanks can be used as outdoor potting...
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Your day's coming, MOMIL!  Times 2  BAHAHAHAHAHA BAHAHAHAHA I can't wait till your daughter starts dating and some hairy, unwashed kid pulls up in a van and honks the horn for her to get in the car!  I will be laughing my ass off!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Don't forget I now have THREE little girls. Don't worry I will invite you over for consults when the dating time comes. At least you can help me perfect "Agh... your killing me!"
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:34:03 AM EDT
[#42]
My bad!  Times 3!  That's even worse!  You might as well sell all your stuff now and start saving!  I have a friend that had 6 daughters and he started out a young vibrant man, but now he's just a hollow, shriveled, shell of a man after the last wedding!  Three daughters, Oh the humanity!h...You
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:06:17 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Don't forget I now have THREE little girls. Don't worry I will invite you over for consults when the dating time comes. At least you can help me perfect "Agh... your killing me!"

Yes, and I whisper in my son's ear every night

" Date the Moore Girls if you want machine guns when you grow up, for they will inherit many of them"  

Howard
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I saw him a couple weeks ago and he is a cutie (yes boys can still be cute at that age). He will be one of the boys I have to beat with sticks when the girls get older. Bad part (or good part) is all the girls will love him.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:44:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Just hope he's not a Log Cabin Republican like his dad!hock.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top