Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:25:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I was already planning on being out of town this weekend.  though I think my flight will end up being cancelled if Rita gets close.  10am on Saturday morning, looks like I'll be grounded!!

Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was already planning on being out of town this weekend.  though I think my flight will end up being cancelled if Rita gets close.  10am on Saturday morning, looks like I'll be grounded!!

why not fly out a day early?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm planning on staying. Let's see how this tracks over the next two days.

I'm in Clear Lake. Could get wet.

I'm in CL also, about a mile or so East of Ellington. The next 24 hours will be the deciding factor for us. If its a small Cat. 4 we will stick it out, anything larger and we will seek higher ground.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

why not fly out a day early?  

Thats probably what I will end up doing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i too will be here
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I am 20 miles south of College Station and I hope I get some rain! My cows are starving for some green grass. The biggest tree near my house is only 20 feet tall so I am not worried about trees falling on it. Besides my ground is so dried out and cracked open it will take a good 6 inches of water before it shows up above ground.
Dennis
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:18:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Myself and Mrs_SC-Texas are leaving town, heading to Dallas with the 2 dogs, her Coach purses, clothes and my Guns.  

We will be in residence at the Four seasons.

Why am I leaving?  B/c it is likely that we will not have electricity for several days after the storm & I have a couple of trials I am working on.

See y'all later..
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Myself and Mrs_SC-Texas are leaving town, heading to Dallas with the 2 dogs, her Coach purses, clothes and my Guns.  

We will be in residence at the Four seasons.

Why am I leaving?  B/c it is likely that we will not have electricity for several days after the storm & I have a couple of trials I am working on.

See y'all later..

Market Hall Gun Show is this weekend also.  But the Four Seasons is a kinda far away in Los Colinas.

mm
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah Kind of far away....I live in Fort worth  and I make all the shows....shit you Dallas people can't seem to understand driving.....come on over to Fort worth some time....You know it's that scary place far away to the west.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

easy for you to say, I don't have an ar at the moment. can I borrow someone's?

well what do you have?

thought you had an AK of some type?

He had an AR, but I bought it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:35:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

easy for you to say, I don't have an ar at the moment. can I borrow someone's?

well what do you have?

thought you had an AK of some type?

He had an AR, but I bought it.

don't worry.  in about a month he will be able to buy that super cool sniper rifle he sold the AR to help pay for.

Vold'  just go to wally world and buy a mosberg and cut the barrel down.  135.00

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Market Hall Gun Show is this weekend also.  But the Four Seasons is a kinda far away in Los Colinas.

mm

Ft worth right?

Is the Dallas Crew doing anything?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

Ft worth right?

Market hall is off 35 just out of downtown Dallas.  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

Ft worth right?

hey SC.  give me a call.
i will be in Tyler. this weekend  
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

Ft worth right?

I'm up for going to have a beer somewhere...........My house will be FULL of relatives up from Houston to escape the hurricane.

I will NEED a drink by saturday at least!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Any of hte Dalls crew meeting up there?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#17]
HK940...aren't u under mandatory evac orders?

My ex, Coz_45daughter and the Swampthing are all heading out tonight.

Swampthing is cohabitating here, gonna help me board up the upstairs windows.

Whatever happens, y'all stay safe!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any of hte Dalls crew meeting up there?

We always meet at the Market Hall show.  Normally, we gather up in front of the snack bar at noon and then head off to lunch.  ETH or Brother Nick usually has the table, an endcap, in front of the snack bar.  The guys at the door will stamp your hand so you can get back in.

Since so many people are either working or arriving Sunday, a lot of us will be going to the show both days.

mm
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:05:11 PM EDT
[#19]
They just said the 120 miles between Galveston and Huntsville is currently about a 10 hour drive
I'd bug out soon if you plan on doing it at all
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#20]

They just said the 120 miles between Galveston and Huntsville is currently about a 10 hour drive
I'd bug out soon if you plan on doing it at all

You better believe it. A coworker of my mother in law's took 14 hours to go from Willis to Crockett today. I  just made it in from a trip to the old Woodlands Wal-Mart. 45 and Hardy are at a complete standstill as far as the eye can see. What a grade "A" cluster...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

mm

Ft worth right?

Naw, South on MacAuther then hwy 183 E. straight to Motor street. less than 20min topps.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:46:14 AM EDT
[#22]
  No kidding!...I was looking for a good reason to go to Dallas to visit the out-laws. I'm in Spring and I haven't lived here all that long. Gonna tape off the windows and head to the gun show! What a great idea!...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Mrs. KYreb and I were bugged out by my company yesterday.  We are back in Ohio at company HQ today.

I am now sorry for all the pissin' and moaning about living in a Houston hotel these past couple of months (full of NO refugees) and having my toys still back here in OH.

We were to close on our Houston place Tuesday and move our stuff the following week.  That will now be on hold.

Hope you guys make it through this OK.  I'll be back once the storm passes with our corporate emergency response team. We are expecting our TX city refinery to be submerged.    
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#24]
At this time, I am probably staying.  The storm has moved East.  The roads are full of cars that have run out of gas and are parking lots, even with the contra flow lanes open.

Anyway, I'm taking photos and will probably head to Dallas the day after the storm, if the electricity isn't working.

Mrs_SC-Texas is telling me we should have left yesterday morning.  The only problem is that it was still a parking lot and gas wasn't available.

I am considering leaving by back roads and making my way to Highway 6 and bryan.

Anyone know if Highway 6 is backed up?

How about 35W from Waco to Ft. Worth?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top