Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got in from working over in the New Orleans area. I'll be there this weekend.... see you guys there.

I guess I should probably call Tiger Valley or something and send them some money since I don't remember if I registered for the event or not.

Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:04:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like they are going to lose a lot of shooters at future 3-gun matches because they imposed some fees after the match (for 'damaging' a flight suit on the dummy, and for a damaged target stand).  Doesn't seem like the best decision:

www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28255&st=0
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Since the BE thread was locked, here is what I was about to post there:

-------------------------

ALSO I THINK SOME ONE HAD TO PAY FOR A CLAYBIRD STAND AND THAT WAS ONLY $30.00 ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

[ link to LARGER image ]

"Damaging a clay holder by firing a slug at it is a 60 second penalty, and the shooter must pay for the target holder."

It's fair game to impose atypical conditions by giving advance notice prior to ... an unannounced stop at a law office ...

Firstly, this wasn't a USPSA match.  Secondly, the rules posted on the web say the following (w.r.t clay holder):

3.5  If a competitor’s ammunition punctures a steel target, they will pay for the replacement cost of that target.

Since everybody else can mouth off--

Speaking of sportmanship, dog-piling Cav Arms without hearing their side of the story is reprehensible.  Why aren't they posting?   They are still working their asses off tearing down the match, cleaning up the range, and driving 1200 miles home.

If you did NOT shoot the match, and did NOT receive a shooter's packet, and did NOT attend the shooters' briefing, you need to STFU because you did not receive the shooters' instructions and warnings.  You basically have no idea WTF you are talking about.

For the record, I think it's real hokey to charge for minor damage to a prop.  After all, we were dragging/carrying the dummy and throwing him into the "chopper."    But the RO is likely the only one who SAW the event occur and we haven't heard from him yet.

-z
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:28:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad I didn't go.

I wouldn't want my high quality ammo to put holes in substandard pot metal targets.

How would they tell whoes ammo put holes in the steel targets?
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:42:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How would they tell whoes ammo put holes in the steel targets?

It would be obvious when you shot a 10 yard steel plate with your rifle.

That is moot anyway because nobody shot any shotgun/pistol plates with their rifles.

Shooters were specifically instructed to not shoot the clay holders with slugs, not shoot the pistol/shotgun plates with slugs or rifles, and to not shoot the dummy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:45:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:49:38 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Since the BE thread was locked, here is what I was about to post there:

Why did they lock the Brian Enos thread?  Are they not open to fair and open discussion about this topic?

Quoted:
If you did NOT shoot the match, and did NOT receive a shooter's packet, and did NOT attend the shooters' briefing, you need to STFU because you did not receive the shooters' instructions and warnings.  You basically have no idea WTF you are talking about.

-z

Also, I was just posting about what I read on the Brian Enos thread, and I was not taking sides one way or other.  Even the original poster himself stated he would not go back to that match:
{cut and pasted from the other thread, and if I recall correctly, the original thread was much longer too and had and some replies}

Went to a 3-gun match this weekend with a few friend's & shot what I thought was a fairley good match untill I was presented with a bill for damaging a prop. It went like this. You shot your ar from a platform, ran down range about 40 yds, picked up a dummy, ran back, and tossed it onto the platform. At this time our squad was told to use the dummy as a rest for the AR to shoot off of. Most everyone did so , as did I. Except my muzzle break gases tore a small hole in the pant's leg I did'nt know off. After the match was over I was told I owed a $100.00 for the pant's & had to pay. I've never seen anyone with any sense put a $100.00 pair of pants on anythine, much less a prop that they know is going to get shot over. To keep a heated agurment down, I paid the money but will never go to this match again as will the guy's with me. Have been shooting 3-gun for 20 yr.'s & have never seen ANYONE have to pay for a prop. that was hurt by accident. I don't know if the other shooter's were aware of it or not but felt inclined to tell everyone how I felt. The way my luck goes , I probley paid retail for the pant's.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:59:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why did they lock the Brian Enos thread?  Are they not open to fair and open discussion about this topic?

BE is historically not open to divisive discussion.  In any case, the kind of personal attacks present in that thread shouldn't be allowed by moderators anywhere.

My response here was the reply I was about to post there, but couldn't because the thread was locked.  It was not directed at people here per se, but to address the dogpiling that was going on on BE.

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:15:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I think we should hear what Cav Arms has to say before coming to any conclusions. I personnaly use Nomex flight suits for shooting events, and would be pretty upset if it had a hole it. They go for anywhere  around 50-300 depending on the source new/used.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:23:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Well, I was in Louisiana helping our Official Texas Hometown Refugee, LordTrader, move back to Texas.  Would have driven down to Waco for a beer, but it was a *little* out of the way for me...

TRG

Not out of the way at all.  Just take a left in Corsicana and take either 84 or 31 and you're right there.

mm
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:06:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:16:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#20]
TRG,

I hope that the "Lesson Learned" for Cav Arms was not the "Screw This - I ain't Doing All That  Freaking Driving, Work and Effort just to get Bitched At with No Thanks Again"!!

Sorry to hear that what everyone says was a GREAT match is overshadowed by controvesy over a prop that cost only a freaking C note - (Heck my younger brother blows that much at Rick's Caberet (strip club in Houston) in about 20 minutes (well about 15 minutes... more like 10 minutes...) and he dosent't even have any chance of taking home anything sweet as a prize!! -

Even though I had to work - (Yes - Work Sucks but I need the Bucks!!) and missed the shoot this year, I sure hope that the guys at CAV ARMS won't let the down side of this "Tempest in a teacup" keep them from coming back next year!  I'm getting my set up tuned and WILL be present and Ready when the firing line goes hot next year!  

CAV ARMS - THANKS for the Event and I look forward to next year!!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 11:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top