Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 6:38:11 PM EDT
...about something.  

Okay, first of all, HI..... I'm from WA, but I have a good reason to be posting here in the TX forum.

Now, who is near (if I spell it right and recall the place), GainsvillKingsville, TX?  And have any of you heard of the name Sam Granato Granado  (spelling might be wrong).  He was a fromer police chief (maybe sheriff) in TX.

Why I ask...well, he was hired as the police cheif for the City of Yakima this year.  But he was indited by a grand jury in TX for some kind of election, political related thing.  That's just off the top of my head....  He's there in TX right now...figruing out how to save his tail since he says this charge against him is all for revenge by his political enemies.

Yakima is just up the road from me...so I figured I'd ask.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:54:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Name doesnt ring a bell. If he was chief in Gainsville this might help some. Check the archives.

www.gainesvilleregister.com/
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Opps...got the city wrong..sorry folks.

Here is a link to a story...

www.kndo.com/article.src?ID=22852&V=&Type=News&03faff310d

Person is Sam Granato and the city is Kingsville, TX.  And this is in Kleberg County ....

So, anyone in Kleberg County or Kingsville shed any light on this, other then what my local news has been spouting????

Link Posted: 11/10/2003 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
You might try checking in the Corpus Christi Caller Times archives as Corpus is the closest
large city.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, do this.  ( i just learned it)

Go to google, and click the news button.

Type in Sam G.s name, and it will pull up 4 or 5 news articles from texas and Wa on the guy.

Good luck

TXLEWIS
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Sort of ditto on what firstar just said.  If you need a little more precision in your search, you might try this:

1) Go to Google's Advanced Search (http:www.google.com/advanced_search).

2) In the "Exact Phrase" box (2nd from top), enter "sam granato".

3) In the "Domain" area, it should read "only return results from the site or domain" and then enter "caller.com" (the Caller Times' website).

My search returned 41 results, all relevant.

I'm an armed librarian, folks - look out.  That means no talking in the Reference Room and NO overdue books. hileis dirty, here's the caveat: With South Texas politics, one can never be certain.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
I did a search and found a few stories.  Some were from the local paper and one was a website that showed his "mug" shot when he was booked.

Funny how politics in TX where he use to work have affected things here in WA (at his current job).  Oh well..... I am just watching what will happen.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#8]

I'm an armed librarian, folks - look out. That means no talking in the Reference Room and NO overdue books.

well my librarian redneck cousin (librarian redneck, go figure, this is Texas after all!)  the BATFE called me this morning and they're gonna come inspect my facilities next wednesday so be prepared to be more well armed, cause my FFL is in the works!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Where in Texas are you located?
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 8:53:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Where in Texas are you located?
Thanks

He be stayin' in Corpus Christi!

It won't be long and da Rednec will be able to hook a brutha up!

BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top