Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2003 1:40:54 PM EDT
I'm dead serious.  DeLay is the choke point for any AWB renewal or rebirth.  I sent him a letter last week with a check attached.  I wrote that anything other than the full and complete death of the AWB would cause the Base to abandon the Prez and the entire GOP ticket.

We don't have to convince everyone in Congress that the AWB needs to pass into history.  We just need to make sure that the people with the power to kill this bastard legislation understand not only that we expect them to do just that, but that there will be severe consequences for abandoning the base.

Before you write...yes, I know the AWB will sunset.  I am specifically talking about any attempts to re-authorize and/or expand in some reborn form.

Congressmen are not leaders.  They follow who has power over them.  We need to junk the idea that we go to our Senator or Rep. with hat and hand begging them to please not hurt us.

We need them to understand that there will be one hell of a price to pay for not doing our bidding.  That price is being out of power at the bare minimum, and out of office at the worst.

Letters without a carrot mean virtually nothing.  Letters with a threatening stick seem hollow.  Money and a promise of consequences get attention.  Keep in mind, when you send a contribution to them they can't ignore you.  (No promise they will obey.)  They like the little donations, too.  I allows them to boast that their average contribution is small and that they are obviously not beholden to big contributors.

That's mostly bullshit; we know that.  I'm not going to bother with the RNC.  I will also send the  NRA  my renewal, along with the TSRA.

Folks, a little money can go a long way.

Regards,
Mahatma
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top