Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2003 4:42:51 AM EDT
Who is up on this?  OK, let's rule out handguns to start..
I'm wanting to carry a rifle or shotgun in one of those nice and "semi-hidden" over the visor setups. Let's say a pump shotgun just for grins..

Won't do me much good unloaded. However, I'm wavering on carrying one in the chamber.

So who's up on the Tex laws? Would this be legal??
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:06:07 AM EDT
[#1]
yes.  in Texas they don't care if the gun is loaded or not.  you can legally carry one loaded or unloaded and in any way you want to in your car.  gun rack or hidden.  i would recommend a pump shotgun with one or two rounds in a 8 shot mag tube and the hammer down on an empty chamber.  so all you have to do is pick it up and rack the slide.    
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:43:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes it's legal...any rifle or shotgun as long as it's over the required length can be carried in your vehicle loaded or not.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#3]
It is legal, as long as you are not in one of these places:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/pe/pe0004600.html#pe003.46.03
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:42:44 AM EDT
[#4]
1. no restrictions on long guns
2. handguns are not restricted while travelling, but the word "travelling" is not defined, so from the dictionary it means "going from one place to another."

Try doing a search in the Texas forum.  This has been pounded to death on many occasions...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top