Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2003 6:56:32 AM EDT
I met 308Wood and Slumlord at ASC on Sat.  Had a nice time shooting until I went to the pistol range.

One of the range Nazis told me that I wcould nto smoke my cigar while ont he firing line becasue people had been shooting blackpowder firearms and smoking.

I calmly looked at this moron and asked him if I was shooting a Black Powder pistol or if anyone around me was shooting one?  I basically ignored him.  What a Moron.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 11:40:54 AM EDT
[#1]
And that is why I don't go to ASC very much.  The ROs there are (generally) idiots.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 1:27:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is ASC?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#3]
so after you get kicked out of all the ranges inhouston, where do you plan on shooting?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where is ASC?

American Shooting Centers

www.amshootcenters.com/
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Citabria, Bite me:)

I have been kicked off better ranges!

I went to the 300 yd line today and guess what . . . No Range Nazis.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I been going to Carters Country on Treashwig. Since I live downtown, ASC would've been just as far.

I like CC. It has good karma. Tall pine trees. Polite RO's. Rapid fire.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I been going to Carters Country on Treashwig. Since I live downtown, ASC would've been just as far.

Can you shoot a .50 BMG there?
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 9:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carter's and rapid fire?  cool! i wouldnt expect that. course i wouldnt expect 50. BMG either, but that would be cool!  

BTW GI_BRAT this 50BMG round is still sitting on my comp!
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 3:58:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Carter's and rapid fire?  cool! i wouldnt expect that. course i wouldnt expect 50. BMG either, but that would be cool!  

BTW GI_BRAT this 50BMG round is still sitting on my comp!

Carter's and rapid fire...  this is at best a hit or miss proposition.  if you look like you know what you are doing you can get away with double taps and some rapid fire.  don't expect to be able to bump fire.

no 50 bmg at cc.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...Carters Country... Polite RO's....Rapid fire.

Negative on the Rapid fire at CC's.

The RO's CAN be cool, or they can be assholes.  I had one of the bastards call a cease fire and told me to go down range and put up one of their targets, and to take down the one I bought at Academy.. "Only OUR targets are allowed".

I try to stay away from CC, but there's not a whole lot of choices out there.
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I will never give a penny to those guys @ASC.  
SC- At least they didn't give you the "the last guy who put a gun in his truck had it go off and go thru his roof" story. I got that one on my LAST trip there.  I asked them why would I care if some idiot put a round through his roof.
I guess $6/hr don't buy much these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top