Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 8:01:10 AM EDT
I've had it with work today. I'm taking the afternoon off and, after lunch at Chuy's I'm headed out to the Austin rifle club to lay down about 500 rounds of suppressive fire with my AR.

God bless America.

All the way,
Creep dog
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've had it with work today. I'm taking the afternoon off and, after lunch at Chuy's I'm headed out to the Austin rifle club to lay down about 500 rounds of suppressive fire with my AR.

God bless America.

All the way,
Creep dog

Git Some!

TRG
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Speaking of Austin Rifle Club - how are the facilities ? I've been there once, a long time ago, but don't know if it's changed. What's your preferred range for the AR ?

I remember that it's an invitation-only club. How does one get in ? I may very well know some people, but not off the top of my head. I'd been out of shooting for quite a while until I got my AR.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:07:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I ended up shooting 300 rds. Got to keep some ammo. Good thing pay day is tomorrow.

The ARC is a member only club. It's very easy to join. You need a sponsor that is a member in good standing for over a year (me), you have to go to a meeting and apply. you will get voted in. i've never seen anyone not get voted in. Then you have to attend a range orientation and you receive your badge with the Gate combo. the fee is $75 a year with unlimited access to the range. My memory could be off though, for more info see.

http://www.austinrifleclub.org/

My favorite range for AR shooting is range E. it used to be .22 only. It was changed to all calibers over a year ago. It has beams at 25yd intervals from 25 to 100yds. i like to shoot at all the different distances with my AR.

Creepin up on ya,
Creep dog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top