Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2003 2:52:04 PM EDT
I have a small problem. I have several milsurp rifles- Swedish Mauser, Swiss K-31 Schmidt-Rubin, etc. The milsurp ammo I have for these 2 is FMJ.          Quail Creek is very close to me but doesn't allow FMJ rifle ammo. Alpine has the same policy.
I can, and probably will have to, buy some soft nose hollowpoint ammo, but the milsurp is these 2 is very accurate and I want to shoot what they were designed to shoot.
Anyone know of any other local ranges? I would prefer to avoid Dallas. No offense, but travelling  from Ft.Worth to Dallas is as bad as the other way. If I was in Dallas I would avoid Ft.Worth.
Anything north or west?
Jim
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:32:29 PM EDT
[#1]
tac-pro west of Fort Worth, but it's a drive
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been wanting to go to TacPro and I live in Ft. Worth so I'd be willing to split gas or drive sometime...having said that...my weekends are full for the next 4 weeks or so

Rob
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#3]
65 miles is a pretty good drive, although I saw they are having a vintage rifle match Sept. 27.
I can remember when we could shoot any legal weapon at the LBJ national grasslands. Is there any public land open to shooting now? The LBJ has been closed to centerfire & rimfire rifle and pistol. I understand it is blackpowder and shotgun only, and then only in certain areas with other areas  restricted to archery.
I am getting seriously bummed out at the lack of places to just go shoot. Busting frozen water bottles of Kool Aid and clay pigeons is more fun than just punching holes in paper.
Ideas?
Jim
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#4]
take the drive to Tac-pro. well worth the drive. I go there ALOT. living in west ft worth, i'm a little closer, but still takes about an hour. the ranges are great. pistol steels, 1000 yd, marked every 100. seperate 100 and 200 yd ranges. plus the owner is a super great guy. he and his wife live on the property their.

as an aside, he used to be british sas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top