Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2003 9:48:25 AM EDT
I'm buying a rifle from out of state, is there a waiting period after the transfer's completed (from out of state to local FFL) before I can get my rifle. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:56:49 AM EDT
[#1]
You only have to do the NICS check (unless you have your CCW permit).
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks, what's a "CCW" concealed carry permit?
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#3]

what's a "CCW" concealed carry permit?

In Texas we have CHL (Concealed Handgun License) program whereby, provide ya meet the requirements, you can obtain a permit to "legally" have and carry a CCW, (Concealed Carry Weapon).

Most classes take one day and cost $50-$100 for the class and $147 to the state for a 4 year permit to carry concealed.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 8:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

what's a "CCW" concealed carry permit?

In Texas we have CHL (Concealed Handgun License) program whereby, provide ya meet the requirements, you can obtain a permit to "legally" have and carry a CCW, (Concealed Carry Weapon).

Most classes take one day and cost $50-$100 for the class and $147 to the state for a 4 year permit to carry concealed.

Mike

and the great thing about it is once you get it there is no more NICS check.  Lay down your CHL when u buy a gun and walk out with it then.  No more waiting for a delay, proceed, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top