Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2003 9:25:41 PM EDT
Hi folks! Quick question. I have a friend who is moving to the Dallas area soon and is concerned about taking his handgun down there. I told him that Texas is one of the good states and that he shouldn't have any issues. But just to make sure I'm not a liar, I thought I would ask. He bought the handgun from a dealer in GA and is currently living here in PA.

So does he have anything to worry about?

Thanks a lot!

M_J
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 10:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Texas is gun-friendly for handguns and about anything else that is legal to own anywhere.

We do have a CCW law, but that only takes a one day class and some money.

Tell him to hurry on down.  The only people who dislike guns in Texas are criminals, liberal Democrats, and Yankee immigrants.

Since he isn't from the East Coast or the Left Coast, we will cut him some slack.

Regards,
VD55

I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:11:28 AM EDT
[#2]
montana_jeepn

Tell your buddy its all good. Tx is gun friendly, handguns are no exception.

Like your sig.
'78 CJ-7, T-18A with a 360. 6" of lift on mine.
Locked on both ends.

Great hunting rig!

Salute!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell your buddy that relocating to Texas is illegal.  You cannot move here.  Period.  

We're not taking in any more immigrants.

j/k... As long as he's not a liberal whiney moron, he's more than welcome!  (since he's got a pistol, he's probaby not any of those things)  Just warn him, his gun collection will get bigger!

Link Posted: 8/11/2003 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#4]
he will need to keep the pistol in the trunk of his car when he comes down.  there is a "traveling" clause in our laws but that is a defence to prosecution.  no stipulations on his property.  tell him to get a CHL as soon as he can.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#5]
What Matthew_Q said!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top