Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2003 2:11:10 PM EDT
Going to be travelling to Midland for a couple of days and was wondering if there are any must see gun stores, ranges, etc. in the area.  Let me know if you know of something good!  Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 9:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing to see in midland.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Isn't that the home of the Cofedera.........er umm Commemorative Air Force these days? Should be lots of old War Birds to look at.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Midland is the home of the Airpower Heritage Museum.  The largest collection of WWII aircraft in the world, I think... and they're all airworthy.

I need to get out there to check that out sometime myself.  If you go, take some pics and post them for us!  

Link Posted: 8/4/2003 6:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Midland shooters assoc. has a shotgun range and a separate rifle/pistol range. Most weekends have a match of some type, or you can see some world-class bench rest shooters. There are 2 sporting clay ranges. Jim at Between the Walls (best local gun store) can get you the info....
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info.  I was hoping to fill some time with looking for Mil-surp rifles at local gunstores.  We've been having mil-surp benchrest matches here in Amarillo and they are a blast.

Holl, you got an address on Between the Walls, I'll give them a call if you have a phone #.  

Thanks again for the info!  

P.S.  I was told I need to eat at a local Italian restraunt downtown.  Its supposed to be a hometown affair, but no name was given.  Maybe some of you locals know what I'm talking about?  Thanks!  
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:57:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Walls is 432-687-4867/ Lubbock has military matches  http://www.lpsa-tx.org/ and Sharpshooters gun store there has military rifles
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]
the restaurant is Luigi's  683-6363
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top