Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/16/2003 12:22:39 PM EDT
UPDATE: Location has been changed to Tony's Range as of 8/2/03.  Same date, same time.  See my later post for directions and info.

----------------

A bunch of people are getting together for an informal day of shooting on Saturday, August 16 at 9am at the new Minuteman Range near Florence.  The range has a pistol range and rifle ranges up to 300m.  They are class III, .50 BMG, and tannerite friendly.  Here are some directions:

Thats hwy. 195...
From Dallas you can get off at exit#275 run the service rd. and hang a right onto FM 487 West....to Florence pickup hwy 195 north for 4-5 miles,cross county line,Jasons 900' on the right.

Total miles off I-35..About 18-20

From Austin just get off I-35 Exit#266,head north till you pass the Bell County sign,range 900 ' on the right.By the time we meet up his huge sign will be out front of his place and 1/2 mile before you get to it will be a sign also,on the north and southbound sides.You won't be able to miss it.

Name on signs will be "Minuteman Rifle/Pistol Range"

There is a pretty good crew driving in from Dallas and a few folks are coming from out of state.

There's a thread on Glock Talk regarding this event, but mostly it's a bunch of blabbering trying to decide when/where, etc. before we nailed it down.  Just show up.

www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162652&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

A popular idea for dinner afterwards is Hooter's in Round Rock.  

I'd like to see some of you folks there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#1]
hey sounds great....sorry i am not gonna be able to make this one!! sounds like a good one!!!  adios amigo!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Mike!  I'll plan on being there!  Maybe if I get that scope mount for my Enfield, I'll have to sight it in there.  

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds great.  I'll be heading that way.

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I heard there was anew range opening up in the area ,just haven't checked it out yet.Planning on being there on August16.  Glad it is only about 30 mins. away. See you guys there
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Marking this.  I'm going to do my damndest to make it!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:37:27 PM EDT
[#6]
More than likely I'll be there! Remember to post reminders!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Reminder: Central Texas Shoot on 8/16, 9am!  
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Reminder: Central Texas Shoot on 8/16, 9am!  

LOL.... Funny Guy!
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'll be there if I'm not scheduled to work that day.  I won't know next month's schedule until later this week at the earliest.....
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:09:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Just got the word in.  We'll (me and the wife) be there, barring any horrible occurrences!

Who's cookin'? (eyeing Sparsky)
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Just got the word in.  We'll (me and the wife) be there, barring any horrible occurrences!

Shit! My Pit is up at the Farm. I'll see about obtaining another one. I'll keep yall updated.

Could we get a tack on this thread?????
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:59:10 PM EDT
[#12]
How big a pit do we need?  I'm not that far away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:13:16 AM EDT
[#13]
muy excellente!  

Sparsky, thanks for effort on the grill/pit... We had a blast last time, and I think everyone appreciated it!  I'm lookin forward to meetin up with all you guys I met last year.

DON'T FORGET GUNSTOCK!!!!

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:28:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:39:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Shit! My Pit is up at the Farm. I'll see about obtaining another one. I'll keep yall updated.

Could we get a tack on this thread?????

Why the hell not.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#16]
How long will the shoot last? I'm in Waco and will try to make it down. Would definitely like to see some MG action!

thanks!

Also how much to get in?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#17]
There's no fee for the shoot per se, just the normal range fees.  I'm not sure what those are off-hand and I don't have the range contact information to find out.  

I'll ask Truckin' Joe over on Glock Talk to find out for us.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#18]
I might be able to make this shoot since I am less than an hour away.

Not sure yet due to work schedule, but will definately keep it in mind.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Since this isn't like knob Creek or bulletfest will it be possible just to watch? Is there an area for those not shooting?
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 8:07:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Normal range fees are $10.  

I'm not sure if the range owner will charge spectators, I suspect not.  Jason has been pretty easy going in my dealings with him at Tony's.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Work schedule just came out.  I'm cleared hot to attend!
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 2:00:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Any body going from the Byran College Station area? I am in Navasota and will try to make it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:35:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How big a pit do we need?  I'm not that far away.

I dunno how many people are coming to the event. I usually have one of them cheapy HEB BBQ pits(35gal thin metal drum) and it tends to work just fine. I need to see about getting another one for home use anyways. They're not expensive and they're DFW Crew approved.
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:46:14 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I dunno how many people are coming to the event. I usually have one of them cheapy HEB BBQ pits(35gal thin metal drum) and it tends to work just fine. I need to see about getting another one for home use anyways. They're not expensive and they're DFW Crew approved.

Sparsky,  They're definitely Austin Crew approved, too!  I'll try to snag some sausage or hotdogs and bunz and stuff.  (since I won't have a lot of ammo..hehehe)  I'll also try to get some charcoal.  

Mike,  what are the range fees for us out there?  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:05:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Well I'll post over here too even though I posted overthere first...lol  We are trying to get a group of people from DFW to caravan down there.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Sparsky,  They're definitely Austin Crew approved, too!  I'll try to snag some sausage or hotdogs and bunz and stuff.  (since I won't have a lot of ammo..hehehe)  I'll also try to get some charcoal.  

Mike,  what are the range fees for us out there?  

Well I'm up for cooking. The more people to volenteer food and drinks the better. I'll see about picking up a grill next weekend when I get paid. If anyone wants to bring another pit it'll help with the cooking. Lotta times there's more food than grill space. Umm how about table? Can anyone bring a table? Mine's up at the Hun Farm. I'll keep yall posted on stuff I can bring. Just gotta see how much money I'm going to get on next weeks check.
Link Posted: 7/30/2003 7:43:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Sparsky, I'll grab a pit to bring up there too.  Along with a couple of 20lb bags of charcoal, and maybe some hotdogs or burger stuff.  Do y'all usually get the "meat log" of hamburger meat, or smaller packages of it?  Lemme know, and I'll get some cookin' stuff and grub together.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:07:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Lets see... we got

Matt bringing some sausage and hot dogs. Possible Charcoal.

Glof bringing BBQ pit, Charcoal, hamburger log.

I'll be bring up a BBQ pit, Charcoal, Brisket, Hotdogs, Bread, Kabassa, and some drinks.

Can Anyone Volunteer a table to set the food on, probably more drinks, plates, utensils?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:11:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sparsky, I'll grab a pit to bring up there too.  Along with a couple of 20lb bags of charcoal, and maybe some hotdogs or burger stuff.  Do y'all usually get the "meat log" of hamburger meat, or smaller packages of it?  Lemme know, and I'll get some cookin' stuff and grub together.

You know.. I don't think I've ever cooked hamburgers at the Farm. I know last years Central Texas Shoot I brought the pre-made patties. Out of two 8lbs bags they maybe only ate 1/2 a lbs. Then again there was alot of other foods there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#30]
I just heard from our range liaison that Jason's range is behind schedule on construction and will not be open before our event.

Instead, we will hold it at Tony's Range near Andice.  Same time, same date.  This is where we held the Central Texas Summer Shoot last year.  I'll send out updates to the other message boards: Glock Talk, Bower's, and BiggerHammer.net.

This range has 150 yard rifle, 100 yard and less rifle, and 25 yard pistol/carbine ranges.  They are class III, .50 BMG, and tannerite-friendly.

Tony's is located at 10000 N Highway 183.

From Cedar Park:
Travel north on highway 183 past highway 29.  The range is located on the right side of 183 about 11 miles north of 29.  It is across the street from a "Lobo Village" billboard, and you will see a radio tower in the distance on the right.  Slow down when you see the billboard, the range is easy to miss.

From Round Rock:
Travel north on I-35.  Take exit 261A (Sun City, Lake Georgetown).  Take a left on Williams Drive (FM 2338) and take it to the end of the road in Andice, where FM 2338 has a "T" intersection with 970.  Turn left on 970 in Andice and take it until you hit 183.  Turn right on 183, and the range is about 1 mile ahead on the right.  It is across the street from a "Lobo Village" billboard, and you will see a radio tower in the distance on the right.  Slow down when you see the billboard, the range is easy to miss.

From Dallas:

Travel south on I-35.  Take exit 262 (Sun City, Lake Georgetown).  Take a left on Williams Drive (FM 2338) and take it to the end of the road in Andice, where FM 2338 has a "T" intersection with 970.  Turn left on 970 in Andice and take it until you hit 183.  Turn right on 183, and the range is about 1 mile ahead on the right.  It is across the street from a "Lobo Village" billboard, and you will see a radio tower in the distance on the right.  Slow down when you see the billboard, the range is easy to miss.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
You know.. I don't think I've ever cooked hamburgers at the Farm. I know last years Central Texas Shoot I brought the pre-made patties. Out of two 8lbs bags they maybe only ate 1/2 a lbs. Then again there was alot of other foods there.

Keep us updated on what food's gonna come.  It may help if anyone showing up and bringing "community" food to post here, so we don't have a whole shizzit-load left that we have to cart back

Premade patties sounds pretty good.  Are we talking pre-made/pre-cooked, or pre-made/need to be grilled up?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 8:17:22 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Keep us updated on what food's gonna come.  It may help if anyone showing up and bringing "community" food to post here, so we don't have a whole shizzit-load left that we have to cart back

Premade patties sounds pretty good.  Are we talking pre-made/pre-cooked, or pre-made/need to be grilled up?

pre-made/need to be grilled up
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#33]
SHADE!  

We're gonna need some shade!  I still have a couple of those cheap canopies down at my 'rents house, so I'll have to pick them up.  If you guys remember last year, there isn't anything out there for natural shade, so we need to provide our own.

I am going to stop by Academy and see how much the nicer folding canopies are.  Check it out.  Oh, bring some chairs, too.  Academy had some nice folding chairs for $7 last time I was there.  

Lookin forward to seein everyone again, and meetin some of you guys that I haven't met yet!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, those Academy pop-up canopies are pretty cool.  I have one down in South Texas, and love it.  It's a 10x10 ft, and 10ft. high in the center I think.  Plenty nice stand under while shooting, plus some place to sit and eat/drink/BS in the shade.  I'll pick one up (as I'm going to need one for Gunstock anyway).  I think they were like 60 bucks?
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Yeah, those Academy pop-up canopies are pretty cool.  I have one down in South Texas, and love it.  It's a 10x10 ft, and 10ft. high in the center I think.  Plenty nice stand under while shooting, plus some place to sit and eat/drink/BS in the shade.  I'll pick one up (as I'm going to need one for Gunstock anyway).  I think they were like 60 bucks?

I think the really cheap ones with tent poles are like 12 bucks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#36]
I just bought a canopy tent from Academy two weekends ago.

They run 19 bucks for the 11x13ft version.

There are acouple cheaper ones, $12 bucks but they seemed pretty flimsy compared to the $19 dollar version.

Does anybody have any info regarding "reactive/real world" targets?

Last year we were able to bring some appliances, tannerite, and I beleive I even remember a car door with a toaster oven strapped to it.

As long as we haul out the mess, are the rules the same this year?, as I have a whole host of old electronics that could serve as targets.

James
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:09:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I just bought a canopy tent from Academy two weekends ago.

They run 19 bucks for the 11x13ft version.

There are acouple cheaper ones, $12 bucks but they seemed pretty flimsy compared to the $19 dollar version.

Got a manufacturer or model number?  I'd like to check it out
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I actually ended up buying the $29 version that had the full mosquito netting on all four sides.

It was a tossup for me between the $19 and $29 versions and I figured when I am camping at Big Bend the extra 10 bucks for the netting will be well worth it and the netting unzips and rolls up and out of the way to shoot out of.

I will get manufacture info off the unit I have tonight, the $19 version should be the exact same manufacturer from what I remember, just sans netting.

James

Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:08:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I'm not going to be able to make this event due to a last minute training opportunity that popped up.

Matthew_Q, could I ask you to drive this thing and check in with Tony to make sure something unforseen hasn't happened as the date rolls around?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:09:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Mike,

Shouldn't be a problem.  I suspect everything will run smoothly like last time!  Too bad you can't make it, but I'm sure that training you'll be in on will be worth missing a get together!  Just don't miss Gunstock!!

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm not going to be able to make this event due to a last minute training opportunity that popped up.

Matthew_Q, could I ask you to drive this thing and check in with Tony to make sure something unforseen hasn't happened as the date rolls around?

Well that sucks.  I don't think I've seen ya since the last CenTex get together.  Like Matt said, don't miss Gunstock!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 4:57:39 PM EDT
[#42]
What time does the range open up?? 9am correct?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Anyone know who much the admission for voyeurs will be? Also will there be machine guns for rent?  Does the range have ammo for sale? A friend & I are coming from Waco then possibly onto Austin for the gunshow.
Link Posted: 8/11/2003 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Bite,

There's no fees for just spectating, however, everyone will be paying the normal range fees.  IIRC it's only $10.  

The range doesn't have any guns to rent, AFAIK.  People will probably bring some fun stuff, and will let you try a mag or two.  There was a little store at the range that had ammo and such, but the guy that owns that is opening up his own range (the one we were going to have the get together at, but they're not going to be open by then)

Come on out, even if for a little while... it should be fun!

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Bad range conditions possible!!

It's looking like the Austin area might be getting frequent storms throughout the week.  If so, it's likely that the range conditions will be pretty muddy and nasty.  I'm not sure who would want to slog through all that muck.  I'd postpone it, but I'm not really coordinating this one, guys.  I don't have accounts on the other boards that Mike posted to, so I can't get the word out well.  If any of you guys can, it would be good.  

If it's really wet and muddy, I probably will not come out.  
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Keeping an eye out on the weather...
Link to Florence, TX weather (5-10 miles away I believe)
Son of a bitch, this sucks.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Hopefully the chances of rain will decrease later in the week! And someone will post on Friday whether or not it's rained enough to
make people stay home. Not much rain in Waco......
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Bad range conditions possible!!

It's looking like the Austin area might be getting frequent storms throughout the week.  If so, it's likely that the range conditions will be pretty muddy and nasty.  I'm not sure who would want to slog through all that muck.  I'd postpone it, but I'm not really coordinating this one, guys.  I don't have accounts on the other boards that Mike posted to, so I can't get the word out well.  If any of you guys can, it would be good.  

If it's really wet and muddy, I probably will not come out.  

I don't fugg'n believe this!!!  A TEXAN gonna wimp out because of some rain and mud?!?!?!!!!!

IT AIN'T TRAINING, UNLESS IT'S RAINING!!

Ya'll can bet yer ass on one thing.  If I'm not at Tony's Range this Saturday, then I am DEAD!!  Come Hell or High Water, I'll be there.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#49]

don't fugg'n believe this!!! A TEXAN gonna wimp out because of some rain and mud?!?!?!!!!!

IT AIN'T TRAINING, UNLESS IT'S RAINING!!

Ya'll can bet yer ass on one thing. If I'm not at Tony's Range this Saturday, then I am DEAD!! Come Hell or High Water, I'll be there.

Damn straight.  I'll be there too, but a little late since I need to stop at the Funshow in Austin on my way up.

Anyone from the San Antonio Area want to carpool/caravan?

-Zmeja
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 9:10:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like everything is still on for Tomorrow (well, later today).  See everyone there!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top