Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2003 5:57:29 PM EDT

I finished up with the 10 minor "surgeries" to my back to relieve the sciatica caused by a traffic accident in Nov.

Anyways, the docs cleared me to start skating and light hockey practices.  For now, no actual games or contact.  They did warn me that I am now at greater than minimal risk for a crippling injury, but that can change as my condition improves or deteriorates.  I passed most of the neuro tests, all voluntary functions came back as normal.  I didn't pass the involuntary reflexes portion though, whack the knee and I don't kick, but that could be a temporary side effect from the treatments.

So, now I get to start PO'ng the wife again by waking up at 5am so I can get on the ice an hour before anyone else shows up to practice.

mm38
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on recovery. Where do you practice/play???
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:15:57 PM EDT
[#2]
1 surgery alone sucks, but 10 must suck times 50...

glad you are doing well

c
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
good!  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#5]
roller hockey, you must come from Calli...  But then again, I grew up in downtown L.A.  I thought the same thing

c
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Glad to hear that mike.

TXL
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I know about the surgery trip.  Had mine in March[on my neck] and am now only beginning to shoot again.For now only the AR15 and can't wait to get the AR10 out again.Doc said be careful with anything with with a heavy recoil. Can't beleive he is an avid shooter also
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top