Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/5/2003 5:21:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/20/2003 9:17:03 AM EDT by thedave1164]
I have talked my wife into relocating our family to Texas, if I can find suitable employment.

Does anyone have any contacts or job prospects that they are aware of?

I am open to any areas of Texas, heck I even lived in Mesquite years ago.

I am a LAN/WAN Administrator, but I can do a heck of a lot of other things as well.

I can leave almost immediately if a job is available

thanks in advance!

dave
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:29:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2003 5:33:03 PM EDT by Prosise]
www.ti.com/cgi-bin/recruit/jobbrws.cgi

select Greater dallas Tx area, you will see on called OMAP Systems Software Engineer (Security). It might be a lead... You can dig thru their jobs...

Good luck & god bless..

Prosise AF&AM irving 1218
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:39 PM EDT
thanks,

I saw one that I am qualified for, dropping them my resume.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:20:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thedave1164:
thanks,

Good luck.

I got layed off 4/30...am an I.T. Manager....

Nothing yet....I'm in Houston, but looking throughout TX FL and NV
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:54:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Originally Posted By thedave1164:
thanks,

Good luck.

I got layed off 4/30...am an I.T. Manager....

Nothing yet....I'm in Houston, but looking throughout TX FL and NV

I am looking in Northern NV as well, we have family up there.

Good Luck to you as well!

I will keep my eyes peeled for IT MGR positions.

Speaking of which, check out the link in the above post, there is a position for an IT supervisor at TI
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:02:55 AM EDT

anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:12:57 PM EDT
I work for the largest telecom in the country. I do network monitoring and management for various client networks. We have a ton of work and we are really understaffed for a 24x7x365 operation, but mgmt will not consider hiring anyone right now. In fact we have not had any new hires in almost two and a half years. I know it sounds like job security, but this place will cut your throat and laugh while you bleed. The RIF monster comes out every six months, and we have had a lot of employee burn out.

Good luck, and if I hear anything I'll post it!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:29:43 PM EDT
Hey guys my wife's company is moving and adding a bunch of positions that will be in Austin...The Capitol of our great State!

IM me and I will give you the details...Company name etc...

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:39:42 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DPeacher:
I work for the largest telecom in the country. I do network monitoring and management for various client networks. We have a ton of work and we are really understaffed for a 24x7x365 operation, but mgmt will not consider hiring anyone right now. In fact we have not had any new hires in almost two and a half years. I know it sounds like job security, but this place will cut your throat and laugh while you bleed. The RIF monster comes out every six months, and we have had a lot of employee burn out.

Good luck, and if I hear anything I'll post it!

The Telecom industry is really down right now. Not a great place to look. I also work for a very large telecom company that is doing the same sort of things. I keep waiting for the memo asking us to use both sides of the TP.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:18:35 AM EDT
Look's like we are going back to Reno, got some family there, so we will have a place to live while I am getting some work lined up.

Thanks for everything!

dave
Top Top