Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2003 5:21:08 PM EDT
I have talked my wife into relocating our family to Texas, if I can find suitable employment.

Does anyone have any contacts or job prospects that they are aware of?

I am open to any areas of Texas, heck I even lived in Mesquite years ago.

I am a LAN/WAN Administrator, but I can do a heck of a lot of other things as well.

I can leave almost immediately if a job is available

thanks in advance!

dave
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#1]
www.ti.com/cgi-bin/recruit/jobbrws.cgi  

select Greater dallas Tx area, you will see on called OMAP Systems Software Engineer (Security).  It might be a lead... You can dig thru their jobs...

Good luck & god bless..

Prosise AF&AM irving 1218
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks,

I saw one that I am qualified for, dropping them my resume.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 7:20:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
thanks,

Good luck.

I got layed off 4/30...am an I.T. Manager....

Nothing yet....I'm in Houston, but looking throughout TX FL and NV
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanks,

Good luck.

I got layed off 4/30...am an I.T. Manager....

Nothing yet....I'm in Houston, but looking throughout TX FL and NV

I am looking in Northern NV as well, we have family up there.

Good Luck to you as well!

I will keep my eyes peeled for IT MGR positions.

Speaking of which, check out the link in the above post, there is a position for an IT supervisor at TI
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 11:02:55 AM EDT
[#5]

anyone else?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I work for the largest telecom in the country.  I do network monitoring and management for various client networks.  We have a ton of work and we are really understaffed for a 24x7x365 operation, but mgmt will not consider hiring anyone right now.  In fact we have not had any new hires in almost two and a half years.  I know it sounds like job security, but this place will cut your throat and laugh while you bleed.  The RIF monster comes out every six months, and we have had a lot of employee burn out.  

Good luck, and if I hear anything I'll post it!
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey guys my wife's company is moving and adding a bunch of positions that will be in Austin...The Capitol of our great State!

IM me and I will give you the details...Company name etc...

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 8:39:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I work for the largest telecom in the country.  I do network monitoring and management for various client networks.  We have a ton of work and we are really understaffed for a 24x7x365 operation, but mgmt will not consider hiring anyone right now.  In fact we have not had any new hires in almost two and a half years.  I know it sounds like job security, but this place will cut your throat and laugh while you bleed.  The RIF monster comes out every six months, and we have had a lot of employee burn out.  

Good luck, and if I hear anything I'll post it!

The Telecom industry is really down right now.  Not a great place to look.  I also work for a very large telecom company that is doing the same sort of things.  I keep waiting for the memo asking us to use both sides of the TP.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Look's like we are going back to Reno, got some family there, so we will have a place to live while I am getting some work lined up.

Thanks for everything!

dave
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top