Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 4:15:58 PM EDT

In an effort to make this first GUNSTOCK 1 as painless and more enjoyable for out-of-state members and vendors as possible, I would love it if ANY member would volunteer and help me in this endeavour.
This Transportation Dividion (TD) will also coordinate with Legs+TRG (sounds so-together, I might add) who are dealing with Lodging and Food.
If you can, please let me know what days (form OCt 10, 11, 12---maybe Oct 9) you would like to help. I'm needing the manpower. Please remember--the more members sign up, the better. The more help we have, the easier and more successful GUNSTOCK 1 will be.

So please help by signing up here.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:46:07 PM EDT
I have already contacted a food vendor. If he cannot provide the food for the weekend (not the catered BBQ for the sponsors..ie Bushmaster, etc.) then he will get in touch with others that can provide sandwiches, chips, hot dogs, cold drinks, from a concession stand, etc.

As for transportation to the event, tough call. If the out of towners can post their arrival times, I am certain we can work to arrange a car pool, for at least some.

Personally, I would recommend that the arrivals rent a car for the weekend. Waco is a fun town. A set of wheels would be a good idea.

If not, perhaps a bus rental? A Van rental?

Maybe these could be used to shuttle folks to and from the DFW airport?

DFW is about 1.5 hours from Waco, right?

TRG

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:12:22 PM EDT

I think, most likely van rentals is the best option to transport people who need it. I don't think hotel would have van to shuttle from DFW to Waco (I'm totally guessing on this part), simply because it's too far to the area hotels, the costs of maintenance the shuttle bus/salary to driver (s), even they charge customers something for it--it is just not cost-effective.
Yes, we do need their itinerary ahead of time, and either phone #/cell phone # if possible to reduce potential problems.
I'm guessing there are 2 pickups a day (just guessing), at a certain time.
We'll see who need to be pickup, then decide the # of vans, and time to pickup.
What do you think? Anyone can chime in.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:24:43 PM EDT
I think renting 3 or 4 vans is the best bet. That way we can have vans always on the road to cope with varying arrival times.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 5:43:15 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:

DFW is about 1.5 hours from Waco, right?

TRG

I made it from the range there to my front door in an hour.
But I was hauling extreme ass.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:11:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 6:27:38 PM EDT

EdSr. I can call and check on the van rentals on several places, at Ft Worth, and at DFW airport on Monday to get some ideas how much. Hope my AAA is not expired yet.
It should cost between $55.00 to $70.00 a day
per van, not including tax and insurance, and numbers of driver.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 7:51:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:28:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:31:17 AM EDT
I would be willing to assist with the hog hunting...
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:44:12 PM EDT
I'm tentatively in. I don't think I'd have any problem coming down a little early to help out. If you guys get a flyer together could you post it (tack it even) so that I can pass it around up here?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:36:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jtw2:
I'm tentatively in. I don't think I'd have any problem coming down a little early to help out. If you guys get a flyer together could you post it (tack it even) so that I can pass it around up here?

EdSr, now that I understand the numbers involved...I am calling a caterer!

Energizer. Already maxed out on the hog hunting.

Jtw2, I think a flyer is in the works.

TRG
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:39:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedGoat:
Energizer. Already maxed out on the hog hunting.

Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:43:51 PM EDT

Almost 24 hrs, about 122 reads/views this thread, and no one volunteer?

Come on guys/gals

I need 7 man/womanpowers. It will be AR15.com rental vans, not your vehicles. This job is much easier than doing your homeworks.

Do you want me to beg?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:15:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mojo:

Come on guys/gals

I need 7 man/womanpowers. It will be AR15.com rental vans, not your vehicles. This job is much easier than doing your homeworks.

Do you want me to beg?

Mojo,

I'm a pretty decent driver. Just need to get there to drive the route a few times to get accustomed to it.

Lemme know

Coz_45
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:19:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 6:21:28 AM EDT by mojo]

Do you want me to beg?

Now I need 6. This is for the common good, your help will be cherished by AR15.com community and the world (well, almost )

Remember, we just do the driving, and it won't be your vehicle.
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:26:15 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:

Come on guys/gals

Do you want me to beg?

Mojo,

I'm a pretty decent driver. Just need to get there to drive the route a few times to get accustomed to it.

Lemme know

Coz_45

You're too kind, sir.
I love your help if you can offer it.
Thanks

So with COZ_45 help, I still deperately need 5

Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:39:53 AM EDT
Mojo, I'll get back to you on this issue this evening.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:54:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:

Cool. I know that I just posted this couple days ago, but GunStock TD needs some help.

I'll BTT until I have enough help.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 2:00:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 2:04:02 PM EDT by 2whiskeyP]
Hey Dr.mojo, can you pick me up at Sea-Tac airport instead?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:44:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 2whiskeyP:
Hey Dr.mojo, can you pick me up at Sea-Tac airport instead?

Sure. I'm still looking for airline ticket.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:07:51 PM EDT
Mojo, I'm going to go ahead and say I'll be there and that I can help you out in what ever way you need me to. I can drive the van around to the airport or what ever you need. I can probably be there on the 8th if that will help.

Let me know

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 8:21:12 PM EDT

Mojo, I'm going to go ahead and say I'll be there and that I can help you out in what ever way you need me to. I can drive the van around to the airport or what ever you need. I can probably be there on the 8th if that will help.

Let me know

Jeff

Thanks, bud. You are in, brother.
To recap: GunStock staff is thinking that we probably need between 2 to 4 vans to shuttle members, other staff or vendors who need the ride from DFW airport to Waco. We need 8 drivers, 2 on each van and alternately pick up people. So we will be on the road about 2 to 4 hrs a day, max. (I'm guessing).
Of course, we get better idea after we have people's itinerary.
I'll do the best I can so that drivers will not spend too much time driving, and not enough time enjoying which is the purpose of GunStock.

So we need 4 more volunteers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:13:12 PM EDT

Cool. I know that I just posted this couple days ago, but GunStock TD needs some help.

I'll go ahead and say you can count on me. Keep in mind that I need advance notice on things. keep us informed puhleese!

are we volenteering our vehicals/gas or will some vans be provided?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:26:18 PM EDT

Come on guys/gals

Do you want me to beg?

I wish i could help Mojo. I even have a CDL with Pax endorsment. Tell you what, if someone buys me a airline ticket, i'll help out all weekend driving.

Ben, The Emu
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:27:30 AM EDT

I'll go ahead and say you can count on me. Keep in mind that I need advance notice on things. keep us informed puhleese!

For such a short thread, you should have read it first... See below in red.

Do you want me to beg?

Now I need 6. This is for the common good, your help will be cherished by AR15.com community and the world (well, almost )

Remember, we just do the driving, and it won't be your vehicle.
Thanks

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:19:45 AM EDT

Of course not. Like E. said, we just do the driving and help people who need a ride.

If you're OK with this, let me know ASAP, OK?

Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:44:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By The_Emu:

Come on guys/gals

Do you want me to beg?

I wish i could help Mojo. I even have a CDL with Pax endorsment. Tell you what, if someone buys me a airline ticket, i'll help out all weekend driving.

Ben, The Emu

Thanks for the offer, Ben.
I think I can get 4 more volunteers in 4 months.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:05:07 AM EDT
Count me in. DFW-Waco is an easy 1.5 hour drive. I've done it a few times.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:15:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gloftoe:
Count me in. DFW-Waco is an easy 1.5 hour drive. I've done it a few times.

Thanks, bud.

GunStock TD needs 3more.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 8:26:10 AM EDT
count me in mojo.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:06:41 AM EDT

count me in mojo.

Thanks, Cit.

GunStock TD needs 2 more.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:07:38 AM EDT

BTT
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:06:03 PM EDT
Shit I'll do it. Count me in and let me know a little more about how I can help out.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:11:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IYAOYAS467:
Shit I'll do it. Count me in and let me know a little more about how I can help out.

Thanks, IYAOYAS467.

Well, just driving, that's it. From DFW airport to Waco, and from hotels and range. We'll devise a way to cut down the driving so the crew can enjoy GunStock at the same time.
I'll IM the crew when I have more detail.
Thanks again.

GunStock TD needs 1-3 more.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:22:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2003 1:26:44 PM EDT by IYAOYAS467]
Mojo,

No sweat. I'm from Dallas originally and I have made that drive a few hundred times. Glad I can help out. Will we pick up the vans at the range or in Dallas?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:45:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IYAOYAS467:
Mojo,

No sweat. I'm from Dallas originally and I have made that drive a few hundred times. Glad I can help out. Will we pick up the vans at the range or in Dallas?

If available in Waco, if not, DFW area. There
will be a crew of 8. So we need only 4 to pick up 4 vans. I'll let the crew knows ASAP the minute I have the info.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 6:45:52 AM EDT

count me in mojo.

Thanks, Cit.

GunStock TD needs 2 more.

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 8:31:22 PM EDT

BTT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:24:51 AM EDT
I would be glad to help out, just IM me and let me know whats up. I live right next to the runway here in Grapevine so I can be of GREAT help in getting involved with personal contact business. john
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 5:54:51 AM EDT

Cool. Thanks John232.

GUNSTOCK TD needs just 1 more.

Thanks for all the supports.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:34:51 PM EDT
Hey mojo, the buddy I'm bringing with me is in as well, so that should do it for drivers. I sent you an email as well.

Jeff
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:16:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/9/2003 1:34:42 PM EDT by mojo]

Hey mojo, the buddy I'm bringing with me is in as well, so that should do it for drivers. I sent you an email as well.

Jeff

Hi Jeff. Got it.

The search for Holy Grail is done, I mean, drivers. So I'll lock this thread. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks everyone for the offer to help.

I'll update the info. and IM you gents as soon as I have info. concerning transportation.
Top Top