Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 11:25:45 AM EDT

is in town or at home this Memorial weekend?
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:46:41 PM EDT
[#1]

I am!! cleaning up after the storm last night south of Wichita Falls. Lots of rain and wind.

Wonder how much they got at the farm?? This storm came out of Lubbock, should have crossed  the Hun Bunch... fullclip  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Well, hope guys are OK at the farm.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:49:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm still here...putting together the pool table.  I'm almost through.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 1:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm home, in N. Richland Hills
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Moving into a new house. I'll be here awhile.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:13:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm still here, dang it!

I'm really worried that some of them will succumb to the blue water.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in town.  I just did a little plumbing in the backyard.  I finally hooked up the pool's auto-filler.  I had told them not to install it a few years ago, when the pool was put in, because I didn't like the method.

It is my birthday this weekend and I am having BBQ/pool^2/hot-tub party (small gathering) tomorrow night. (last year had 65 people show up - that was too big)  I have a pool table too.  

Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

What kind?
They are so easy to setup, but sometimes you need an extra hand.  Let me know if you need help, I am just here in McKinney - not to far from Frisco.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#9]
 I'm around, had some work done on my back.  Went to the FtW gun show and then down to Killen for some shopping.  Staying close to home the rest of the weekend.

mm
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#10]
We seem to be always at home, home & work home & work.

Watching  some old war movies earlier, me and the boy is watching Bats, he seem  to love monster movies.

Repainted our lawn furniture, wife seem to be a happy camper tonight.

Hope you all, have a great weekend.

TG
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind?
They are so easy to setup, but sometimes you need an extra hand.  Let me know if you need help, I am just here in McKinney - not to far from Frisco.

1940's Brunswick pool table.  Full 1" slate on a 4x8 table.  One heavy sob...but got it back together....I have somebody coming Wed to re-felt, and level the table.

Thanks for the offer though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#12]

I'm home.  My brother came into town (Fort Worth) and we took him to Edelweiss.  Fun times!

(Also "HI! I'm a newbie here")

:)

Rob
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#13]
I re-felted mine to electric blue "heavy".  SWEET LOOKING!!!  The heavier the felt, the slower the ball.

1" slate??  Damn that is heavy.  Don't break it!
Supposedly the 1" slate cold bow over time (don't know why), but I guess since it is 1940s.....it doesn't really matter.
I really think ful-slate is superior but the billiard world of today thinks 3 piece "Italian slate" is more "flat".  I call BS on them though.  If it is more flat then why do they putty the cracks?

I got my table from my dad, who bought it for $1k from a priest, who won it off a game show.

The installer (it was free through my dad's employer, hehe) offered me $600 for a 15yr old table which looks like the $2000 Oak Gibraltar.  (they are Olhousen)  By the time the guy was through assembling it, he ended up offering me $2700 for it.  He then told me it was rare.  It origninally came with goldish brown felt.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Frisco -
When they re-felt, have them check your bumpers to see if they are glued on really good.  Mine were replaced and one spot has a "fart" when the ball hits (not enough glue, or kids were pushing on them at one time).  But I am too lazy to tear down that rail just for that.

When they relevel the table, let me know how they do it.  My installer said all they do is measure with a 4' level, then one guy pushes up the table by the base platform, and the other one inserts coaster-sized shims under the feet.  (Never lift or sit on the rails because it can break the rail or the slate, and according to my installer, the rails are the hardest to replace even though they are usually standard/common amongst most other tables in the lineup.)
If it were a Vegas game table, it would have to have a level mechanism built into the table for easy adjustment.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Citabria checkin in.....

i am doing a police ride along tonight so i wont be on alot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top