Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/14/2003 6:39:44 AM EDT
Next week is at wolfies. I need/want to go somewhere with real food, and hot chicks. Thus next weeks meeting is at Wolfies. If this is unacceptable........tuff beans.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:55:34 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Citabria7GCBC:
Next week is at wolfies. I need/want to go somewhere with real food, and hot chicks. Thus next weeks meeting is at Wolfies. If this is unacceptable........tuff beans.

Spoken like a true protege.....

I might be there for an hour or so, if y'all start at 6:30....

Course, I'll be drinking water....
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:01:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By COZ_45:
start at 6:30....

hey Citabria7GCBC,

if you go to Wolfies buy Mr. Coz a pitcher of beer and i will pay you back the next time i see you. then COZ, you can buy me a pitcher when i get laid off. probably in a month or two.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:04:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By 308wood:

start at 6:30....

hey Citabria7GCBC,

if you go to Wolfies buy Mr. Coz a pitcher of beer and i will pay you back the next time i see you. then COZ, you can buy me a pitcher when i get laid off. probably in a month or two.

I'll save you some bucks and make it a Johnnie Walker black or Wild Turkey rocks..but, I'm up for Helping you get a buzz when you get the axe 308wood
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 1:21:15 PM EDT
We'll see!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:25:56 PM EDT
Hey hey...I'm down for a trip to Wolfies...
BTW we missed ya COZ_45.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 6:05:37 PM EDT
Just to meet you Coz, I'll be there. No idea how to get there, but I'll be there. And if Citabria buys you one drink you'll have at least two. You'll have to stick around for that long at least.

308wood,
You going to make it?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:00:20 PM EDT
tell you what, i'll bring Coz a cigar. slum, you grab him that beer. he'll have to suck on both for a good while muahaha
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 7:38:58 PM EDT
I'll get the next few rounds after that!!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 8:42:44 PM EDT
New guy to ar15.com and this section. Are the weekly gatherings open to anyone? If so, where is Wolfie's? Are the gatherings primarily just a social activity or is there gun related activity or program? Lastly, from respiratory "opportunities" standpoint, are the gatherings ever held in a relatively smoke free environment?
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:34:46 AM EDT
no slum, i can't make it. i am going bear hunting i Idaho until the 25th.

i usualy do the map so here you go.
WOLFIES #1
4438 FM 1960
HOUSTON, TEXAS 77068
(281) 440 9653
FAX (281) 370 9401

map

the deal withe the Houston group.
it's usually a 3+ hour BS session.
plenty of food, beer and free Cigars for the Kids (aka Citabria7GCBC). a good time is had by all. the conversation usually stays within the realm of guns, training and gun stuff but we may talk about anything. take a look at the hometown forum and look for threads marked "Houston group: or Houston meeting:". we start about 6:30 and run till about 9:30-10:00 but feel free to come and go as you please. it's a open group and we are always looking for new people. we usually have about 6-12 people at any get together so you can easily spot us in a normal bar setting. if not don't be shy about walking up to large groups of strangers and saying "do you guy's like AR15 rifles"? if the response is "ahhhhh!!!" just move on to the next table.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 5:19:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ldb:
If so, where is Wolfie's? Are the gatherings primarily just a social activity or is there gun related activity or program?

well about once a month or so on a Saturday we go out to ASC and shoot. usually you will find about 6-10 guy's on 4-6 benches at 50 and 100 yds with say 6 AR rifles plus the assortment of AK, AR-10, M1A, 700LTR etc. we are all very cool so you can shoot most anything. it gives someone new a feel for all the mods.

Lastly, from respiratory "opportunities" standpoint, are the gatherings ever held in a relatively smoke free environment?

i can't say for Wolfie's but most of the meets are in open air or places with good ventilation so you can sit Down wind from those who smoke.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:43:13 AM EDT
I will be there!
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 1:06:44 PM EDT
Idb,
Please feel free to join in on the fun...As mentioned before there is a shoot at a local range it seems like once a month.

What part of town do you live in???
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 7:43:38 PM EDT
I'm in Pearland so I'll probably pass on going up to 1960 and watch for one a little closer to home. I missed seeing the one a week or two ago at Richmond and Dunvale. That is just up the street from work although that wouldn't matter as Tuesday is my day off. I'll make one before too long though and hope to make one of the range sessions eventually, when work cooperates.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:52:04 AM EDT
Hey IBD:

Is Scooters still on Telephone Road?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:27:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SC-Texas:
Hey IBD:

Is Scooters still on Telephone Road?

I know where Scooters is!

I haven't been down there in a while....

Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:25:16 PM EDT
I am not familiar with Scooters, at least by name. I may know it when I see it and just don't know the name of it. I'm not a drinker at all so if it's an ice house I would only have passed by it. I'm more a Denny's grand slam kind of guy, as my metabolism is showing more and more readily.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 8:07:58 PM EDT
we are still going to WOLFIES!!!!
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/18/2003 9:18:36 PM EDT by presto99]
maybe we can see more "porcupine" girls there, huh, cit?
Congrats by the way.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 8:30:27 AM EDT
MMMmmmmmmm guurlies!

Link Posted: 5/20/2003 9:49:48 AM EDT
I plan to be there...perhaps for a while tonight......been a while.....

See y'all around 6:30 or so!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 1:40:36 PM EDT
See ya'll there!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:03:36 PM EDT
if you dont show coz were commin to your house! muahaha.........well if i can remember how to get there. ;P

c ya'll there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:25:21 AM EDT
Hey,

Great turnout...let's see we had SC-Texas + SO, Slumlord, Presto, Swamp Thing, Citabria, Keith_J, Mr_wilson, kikomax, Highspeed, and me and Ms. Coz!

Excellent time. Kiko and Mr_Wilson, Thanks for the drinks, and Citabria, thanx for the Hemingway cigar!

Got my mind off of being out of work..just what I needed!

Coz_45
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:42:44 AM EDT
that was great! your welcome coz, it was my pleasure!

lets all do somthing this saturday...someone needs to get a thread going. i hear LT and ILL are comming down.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:50:21 AM EDT

lets all do somthing this saturday...someone needs to get a thread going. i hear LT and ILL are comming down.

Where y'all shooting?
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:33:40 AM EDT
Hey it was a good turnout last night - a fun metting. Nothing like gun talk and good food...
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:16:34 PM EDT

, and me and Ms. Coz!

Coz_45

All I can say is WOW!!! You are married to her? Does she have a single sister??? She's way too young to have an eligible daughter...and your little rules would probably apply.

I'm still reeling my tongue in...and abiding in the 7th Commandment.

Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:23:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By clean_cut:
Hey it was a good turnout last night - a fun metting. Nothing like gun talk and good food...

yeah and the ladies are hot too!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:05:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Keith_J:

, and me and Ms. Coz!

Coz_45

All I can say is WOW!!! You are married to her? Does she have a single sister??? She's way too young to have an eligible daughter...and your little rules would probably apply.I'm still reeling my tongue in...and abiding in the 7th Commandment.

Thank Keith_J, I am, indeed, a lucky man! Believe it or not, she's 6 years older than me.....and, my daughter is from my 1st marriage, the SwampThing's younger sister who'll be 15 in August, me and the Vickster have no children together, the only kids she has are step kids, and me ..well, cept for our dogs....
Here's my two girls...taken about two years ago..my daughter is...somewhat more....
"developed" now..
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:57:53 AM EDT
Hey, party at Coz' pool. How come we weren't invited?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:38:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By kikomax:
Hey, party at Coz' pool. How come we weren't invited?

Party? When? Hey kiko, again, thanx for the libations.....

Perhaps we'll have an AR15 Houston gathering around the pool..maybe in celebration of me getting employed someday or finally getting my FFL started!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:23:46 AM EDT
Hey Coz, if i ever get a hummer one day, consider yourself having free FFL advertising on the side. :P
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:26:09 AM EDT

Where y'all shooting?

ASC- check hometown forum. i'll be there after 12:30
Top Top