Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2017 1:45:30 PM EDT
What are the good ranges around?! Long range? Steel? Pistol? Indoor range?

I think he will be living north east towards Morgantown / Pittsburgh working out of Clarksburg.  

Thanks!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Well around the Clarksburg area I am not too sure on ranges but I live in Morgantown and work in Clarksburg.  There is ATR Performance just outside of Fairmont on I79 that has an indoor range for pistols and AR15s/AK47s with soft points.  Morgantown is supposed to be getting a new indoor shooting range in Sabraton but I haven't a completion date or anything else about it recently to be honest.  I shoot mostly at the Grafton Pleasant Creek DNR range which is on the other side of Tygart lake but its free and out to 200 yards.  There is also a BIG range around Buchanan called White Horse which has shooting positions all the way out to 1000 meters right now with 1500 meters in the works.  They do lots of competitions down there including 3 gun, cowboy action, long range comps, etc.  I think you have to become a member there to use most of the ranges but there is a 100 yard public DNR range as well.  Feel free to hit me up as I have a bunch of friends from work and the Guard that I shoot with at least once a month.   

ETA: The Mason Dixon rifle club is just outside of Morgantown but you have to be a member to use a lot of their stuff.  However, they do have IDPA matches on the first Saturday of every month that I also shoot.  I use the term match loosely as it is a low tier match and most people seem to just shoot it to have fun and get some trigger time, myself included.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That's awesome info! I'm passing it along. I know he will be stoked to know a thousand meter range and some friendly competitions are nearby.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's awesome info! I'm passing it along. I know he will be stoked to know a thousand meter range and some friendly competitions are nearby.
View Quote
No problem with the info and if you have any other questions just let me know.  I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.  The Morgantown area is one of the best in WV as there is stuff to do all around town or even just a short drive away. Also, be sure to check out the machine gun shoot in Morgantownnext month. It's about the best chance you have at meeting a bunch of local arfcomers. 
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
The WV Sportsman's and Firearms Association range is in Fairmont.  It's a members only range with a waiting list to get in.  They have 2 skeet & trap ranges, a pistol range, and a 25-200 meter rifle range.  They have a Facebook page so your buddy can get in touch with someone from there.  I've been a member for over 30 years and it's the only place I shoot.  Pleasant Creek is a nice range, but some of the people shooting there can be down right scary with their firearms handling and range behavior.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top