Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2017 2:59:42 PM EDT
Has anyone experienced any attempted robberies at Hawks Nest State Park or other areas around Fayetteville?

A member at MDShooters.com reports that he and his wife were visiting and were the victims of an attempted robbery that he stopped with his firearm.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=212851
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta be a member to go into that site.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Try now - been moved to a public forum.  It was in a members' only spot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:20:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I read it, dudes story is on Page 2.

He got real "LUCKY", that gun wouldnt have done much good had they grabbed his wife and held her at gun/knife point. I realize they didnt expect that to happen there, but ya gotta be on the watch out.

I carry pretty much anytime im outside, be it on my property or going to town. You just dont know, it only takes one asshole to ruin your day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I read it, dudes story is on Page 2.

He got real "LUCKY", that gun wouldnt have done much good had they grabbed his wife and held her at gun/knife point. I realize they didnt expect that to happen there, but ya gotta be on the watch out.

I carry pretty much anytime im outside, be it on my property or going to town. You just dont know, it only takes one asshole to ruin your day.
View Quote
Indeed.  It also illustrates that it doesn't take being out in the woods to have a problem. I'm going to have to be more diligent in always carrying when I'm not stuck here in MD, even if I think it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly, Ansted, Fayetteville, Oak Hill, and Mt. Hope are full of crackheads. This type of stuff goes on quite a bit in those areas. I'm originally from Fayetteville and worked LEO there before moving to my current location. The rafting industry and tourism industry brings a lot of bad to these towns. Even when I go home to visit family, I always carry and I encourage everyone on here to do so as well.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:23:30 AM EDT
[#6]
That is our AO when we venture out from our place in WV.  I've never had any issues, but there are a lot of people around with drug habits.  Lots of random thefts involving unattended properties.  Like suggested above, I'm always armed.  You don't have to be paranoid to be aware of your surroundings.  Good luck out there and stay safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top