BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This is what I want to make sure I'm able to do, aside from meeting all you wonderful people.  My pistol skills are lacking , but so are my rifle skills

So some weight on my back, a rifle, and a brisk walk is in order, from what it looks like.

I guess another question I have now, is I don't have a "pack", does any backpack work?
View Quote

Any backpack will work as long as you're comfortable.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yes any backpack is fine that can handle the weight.

Paw patrol, or ninjago it is!

Very tacticool
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Paw patrol, or ninjago it is!

Very tacticool
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 5:35:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
@Lomshek

I'm trying to get registered and the link for tomorrow says bookings are closed.  What do you need from me to get registered?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Lomshek

I'm trying to get registered and the link for tomorrow says bookings are closed.  What do you need from me to get registered?
View Quote

Online registration must have closed.  Just bring $20 and you can sign up on site.  

If anyone else is running into that you can sign up on site too.  Online registration closes 24 hours before the event to give me a chance to download the participant list.

See you there!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Forecast is looking perfect!

Attachment Attached File

I called the Sheriff's department to give them a heads up and at first the guy said some of the deputies would probably want to join us if they had the chance then he realized what the weather was going to be and asked "you guys are doing this on purpose?"

Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Online registration must have closed.  Just bring $20 and you can sign up on site.  

If anyone else is running into that you can sign up on site too.  Online registration closes 24 hours before the event to give me a chance to download the participant list.

See you there!
View Quote

Excellent cya tomorrow!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
@Kevv

Sorry I lied.  It's $40 not $20.  All this talk about Paw Patrol made me think of the youth pricing.  LOL

Sorry about that!
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 8:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
@Kevv

Sorry I lied.  It's $40 not $20.  All this talk about Paw Patrol made me think of the youth pricing.  LOL

Sorry about that!
View Quote

Cool cool!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:38:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Great event guys! Had a blast!

Thanks again for organizing it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Great event guys! Had a blast!

Thanks again for organizing it.
View Quote

One ragged hole.

Super impressive.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One ragged hole.

Super impressive.
View Quote

I saw a Red Coat target that was pretty impressive too!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 1:29:07 AM EDT
[#14]
That was a full day!

6 mile hike in chilly rain followed by a short pistol class & qual then a half day Appleseed rifle clinic.  

Based on my previous hikes I was questioning my ability to perform after the hike but apparently my training and weight loss are beginning to pay off.  I was tired but was ale to do the hike without trouble.  By the end of the day I was toast but we all had a great day!

The hike started out about 50 degrees and sprinkling.  It varied from mist to light rain for the entire hike and the temps dropped during the two hours.

Here we are on the way out.
Attachment Attached File

3 of the group brought their rifles to try road marching with a rifle.  One other wore his pistol and I just carried my pack.  I called the sheriff's office the day before as a courtesy.  The deputy I spoke with said he bet a few deputies would join us if they could.  This is a super conservative rural area.  The roads we were on had one vehicle in the two hours we were on them.

Parts of the road were flooded by an inch or two of run off.
Attachment Attached File

Check out those submerged feet!
Attachment Attached File

Here's what my waterproof hiking pants looked like toward the end.
Attachment Attached File

Here are the hike stats.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:36:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Looks like an awesome time.

Wish I could have made it!
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Looks great. Sad I missed this one! Any shareable pics from the pistol session?
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]
We were working fast on the pistol class so I only remembered to snap a pic as we were tearing down the pistol targets getting ready for the rifle class.

Attachment Attached File

Not exactly an action shot but it's all I had!

Everyone qualified!  I succeeded in doing more poorly with my full size pistol here than I did a couple weeks ago when I shot the qual with my Shield carry pistol.  

The APC gang were the only ones at Saturday's half day Project Appleseed rifle clinic.

Attachment Attached File

Weather was dry for the rifle part and we got a decent amount covered on firing accurate shots.  

As everyone saw there's a lot to putting precise rounds on target without a bench or rest of some kind.  Group sizes started out respectably average and improved to outstanding as the class went on.  The shooters applied what we were teaching and made rapid progress turning in some downright impressive groups before we finished!

We started off with everyone using the slings they usually have on their rifles then switched a few over to a purpose built shooting sling.  We wanted the students to try a purpose built sling not because it offers any practicality in real world shooting but because it's the easiest way for them to get a feel for what a sling can do.  That experience will allow them to figure out how to tweak their personal slings into accuracy enhancements when needed.

We spent some time working on personal sling use for shooting including how to use patrol slings like the Vickers and Viking Tactics.  

The Marine Corps teaches the use of the issue Vickers sling as a shooting sling.  It's not something people in combat would use very often but if you needed to make a 500+ yard shot it could help when a bipod or other stable rest isn't available.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top