Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2017 1:44:58 PM EDT
Don't know much about the area.  He's an AR shooting, hunting family man.  

Any info is appreciated.

Thank you
Link Posted: 10/16/2017 9:23:14 PM EDT
[#1]
No one knows that area?
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Low crime. Cheap housing in Chanute.

Humboldt is so small I don't know about housing there but there may be some rentals cheap.  

Chanute's a small Kansas town with basic stuff like fast food, some restaurants and a movie theater while Humboldt is a tiny little farm berg that's a 20 minute drive from everything.

Gonna have to make friends if he wants to hunt around Humboldt but there may be some WIHA's* in the area I don't know about.

*WIHA (Walk In Hunting Access) is land that the state has set aside for public hunting or arranged with the landowner to allow public hunting.  Some only allow bow hunting and some allow firearms.

For other public hunting check out the Wildlife Areas in the area.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Does he drive a Toyota SUV of some sort? Saw one with WI plates in the area today.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does he drive a Toyota SUV of some sort? Saw one with WI plates in the area today.
View Quote
He was in the area, but it would have been North Dakota plates.

They have narrowed it down to the Humboldt area rather than Chanute.

Still looking for housing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you for the replies!
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#6]
If he's looking for a gun club have him check out bonecreekgunclub.com

We're a private club (possibly the nearest one to him) on Hwy 69 15 miles south of Fort Scott, KS.

I put on the USPSA & Appleseeds there.

There is a small one on the edge of Fort Scott but it's only open on weekends certain hours when a range officer is present.
Link Posted: 10/20/2017 10:45:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Rentals can be found for decent price but if he ends up buying in the chanute area (Neosho Co), property taxes are pretty high. I'd have to ask some friends in humboldt what property taxes are like in Allen Co. Has he looked in Iola? What kind of work brings him to the area?
Link Posted: 10/21/2017 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
He’s been working the oil wells in ND.  

Got a job on the pipeline in kansas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top