Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 3:35:48 PM EDT
OK,
I am the treasurer of the above organization.  At least I am trying to be.  Everybody wants to be an NRA volunteer until its time to do some NRA volunteer shit.  I need 3-4 more volunteers to make it happen.

So what does this require?

Meeting once a month.  Or not.  if you don't show up, its cool.  we just need people to stay in contact via email or what not.
Help out on 10 August when we will hold our banquet.  will need folks from about 2 in the afternoon till about 10 pm on that date, give or take.
Help sell tickets.  We want to sell about 150 tickets.  So about 30 tickets per person.  Tickets will probably be 30-35 dollars each.  This is the hard part.  but NRA helps.  If you can't sell tickets, cool.  I'll sell more.  But nothing is happening until I first have the volunteers.

What do you get out of it?

Not a god damned thing except
1.  the opportunity to help fund raise for the NRA Foundation.  

What is the NRA Foundation?  Well, funny you should ask....
NRA Foundation

but, to sum up,

For more than two decades, The NRA Foundation has served the needs of freedom-loving Americans across this great nation. We continue to teach freedom through programs that instill knowledge about our nation’s great history. We build partnerships with leaders in our communities and provide grants that are instrumental in funding programs that support our shared vision.

Since our establishment in 1990, we’ve awarded nearly $335 million in grant funding in support of the shooting sports. These grants provide essential funding that benefits programs such as youth education, law enforcement training, hunter education, conservation, firearms and marksmanship training and safety, and much more.

2.  Have the opportunity to bid on some of these awesome Friends of the NRA only prizes:

Like this shit, Yo !  You'll note that the "big prize" for this year is a DD AR.  NRA isn't just for fudds anymore.

If interested, please PM me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:14:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Let me talk to the wife, I'm notoriously committal with 1 year old twins, but surprisingly things are getting easier
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 4:36:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Does this cover the entire greater KC area, or are there others depending on where you live (e.g. north of the river)?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I would lie to you and say this is the only one, but it isn't.  But anyone can attend, of course.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.  

I live north of the river, work in Harrisonville and shoot at a club in Lenexa.  I'm not sure that I would be a good source for ticket sales within a narrow market.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 6:20:20 PM EDT
[#5]
the lenexa club would be a great target.  if they have a youth club they would be eligible for a grant.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
IM sent
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 10:59:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Date of event changed to October 12.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 5:22:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Date of event changed to October 12.
View Quote
correct.

IM Sent
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Update.

Geissele is providing SWAG and goodies.

You know you want to come.  IM me for tickets.

Oh, and we are raffleing off the DD AR.  Tickets only 10 dollars.  Only 300 tickets sold.  In case you can't tell, Geissele trigger on the inside (SSA)

Do not need to be present to win, but if you aren't there when your ticket is drawn, you can't hold it over your head and yell "FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS" like Charleton Heston.

So, yeah, gonna have to come and get drunk and win tons of cool shit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:15:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Hummm I had been to the HTF in awhile but this may be relevant to my interests...

Let me check my October calendar and I will send an IM if it can work!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Got the flyer for the event on my desk now. I'll try to hit you up for tickets this week.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#13]
LTC M has tickets as well.  Just ask him directly.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#14]
WILCO
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:03:37 AM EDT
[#15]
2 month out bump.

Come on you cheap bastards, don't you want to win free guns?

you are like practically guaranteed to win thousands of dollars of cool stuff*.

*your mileage may very
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#16]
2 weeks out bump.

Got a really cool extra prize, 338 WM Winchester 70 Super Grade from 1992.  NIB.  Special NRA commemorative.  Beautiful wood.  Donated by a guy who won it 25 years ago.  Never shot.  Never even had the bolt installed.

My bad news is your good news.  

We have very few tickets sold.  The show must go on and will. But pretty much everyone who comes at this point is gonna come away with something nice for not too much.

So pretty please, with sugar on top.  Buy the fucking tickets.
Thanks!
Sylvan.
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Got my tickets.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Email sent......
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 10:46:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Email sent......
View Quote
sweet.

there is hardly anyone going so going to be very easy to win prizes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:19:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Is there a rough timeline of events? We’ve had a shit couple of weeks and are still trying to work a sitter. Need a good timeline.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 7:22:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is there a rough timeline of events? We’ve had a shit couple of weeks and are still trying to work a sitter. Need a good timeline.
View Quote
5-9 baseline.

6-8:30 and skip the pre dinner silent auction stuff and take off before final raffle (need not be present to win)
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:27:06 PM EDT
[#22]
It was a good time folks. The event really could have used more people.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It was a good time folks. The event really could have used more people.
View Quote
Truth.  I ain't doing that shit again without double the committee members.
Nice rail, btw.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:05:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Truth.  I ain't doing that shit again without double the committee members.
Nice rail, btw.
View Quote
Now I need to find an upper to house it. And a lower for the upper to mate with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top