Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2017 12:28:44 AM EDT
How good are you?  A Rifleman can put 5 rounds into a postage stamp at 25 yards prone unsupported.  No bag, no bipod, no bench.  This is the size a target at 500 yards would appear.  That’s what we’ll teach you.

Bone Creek Gun Club is hosting an Appleseed precision rifle class Oct 21-22.  Here’s the link to online registration.  Walk on's are also welcome.  In either case please be on site by 8:30 AM for registration/check-in.

Notice - Smith & Wesson 15/22 .22LR rifles have been temporarily banned from Appleseed while S&W and Appleseed work to determine the cause of malfunctioning rifles that have created safety concerns. That may or may not change before this event.
S&W centerfire AR15's, all .22LR conversions and non-S&W .22LR dedicated uppers are allowed.
Email me at [email protected] for the latest status.

If you’ve wanted to learn the finer points of putting accurate rounds on target this is for you.  We’ll spend two days learning how to shoot the rifle from standing, seated, kneeling and prone with just a sling to help steady the rifle.  No bipods, bags or benches (although we do make any allowances needed for a person's physical limitations).

We’ll do our shooting at 25 yards using reduced size targets to simulate distances of up to 500 yards.  There’s no point walking back and forth to far away targets or worrying about wind and drop until you can actually put rounds on a simulated size target.

Here's the link to Appleseed's national calendar if you can't make it to Bone Creek.

Here’s Appleseed's homepage where you can read all about it.

The entry fee is $60 for adults, $20 for kids under 18 and $20 for military (AD, NG & Res), police and elected officials.

We’ll fire about 600 rounds over two days.  The class is held rain, snow or shine as long as it’s safe to drive.  Dress accordingly.

Because of the close distance lots of folks use .22LR rifles like Ruger’s 10/22.  Centerfire rifles like the AR-15 are welcome.  Any rifle and any sighting system is allowed but the course of fire is designed around removable magazine fed semi-autos.

Kids and new(er) shooters are welcome but this is not the class to learn how to shoot a rifle for the first time.  Students should at least know how to load, unload, clear a minor malfunction and must be safe standing up and sitting down with a rifle.

Here are some helpful links.

Online registration

Map to the range

Nearby lodging

Instructor sign up - If you're an Appleseed instructor we'd love to have your help!
(You must be logged into the Appleseed forum as an instructor to use this link)

How to prepare for an Appleseed

Appleseed website

Appleseed forum

Hope you can make it,

Roger Lomshek
KS Appleseed Coordinator
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump 2 weeks out from our July event!
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Bump one month out from the October class!
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 12:16:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been kicking myself for not looking in here and seeing the one in DeSoto last Spring, that was just down the road from me.
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been kicking myself for not looking in here and seeing the one in DeSoto last Spring, that was just down the road from me.
View Quote
Come on down to Pittsburg!  Less than 2 1/2 hours away.  Cheapest hotel (clean with good reviews) is the Holiday Lodge and is about $60/night.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 6:04:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm, I've been to two, still don't have my patch.  Worked over my Marlin Mod 60 to have tech sites and sling, and I've shot the targets, so I know it's capable, but it never made it to a session.  To be honest, I thought Appleseed died off around here.  I will have to consider it...

(Heck, I even have a few of those 2-rnd clips for my Garand around here someplace....)
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 1:01:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmm, I've been to two, still don't have my patch.  Worked over my Marlin Mod 60 to have tech sites and sling, and I've shot the targets, so I know it's capable, but it never made it to a session.  To be honest, I thought Appleseed died off around here.  I will have to consider it...

(Heck, I even have a few of those 2-rnd clips for my Garand around here someplace....)
View Quote
We'd be glad to have you!  I've done what I can to keep Appleseed alive and (slowly) growing in KS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top