Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Is Lenexa a good area?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#2]
If you can't afford OP.

Blue Valley Schools are the defining area of "good"

But the whole area, frankly, is pretty fucking nice.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:06:22 PM EDT
[#3]
We can afford any area we've seen so far, easily. But OP and Leawood don't seem to have many ranches or reverse 1.5s, which is what we want. We also don't want to be looking into the fenceless back yards of a million McMansions, we'd like a little bit larger lot. We have decided against Olathe, but we love the Canyon Ridge development in Lenexa.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 1:34:15 AM EDT
[#4]
West Lenexa may net you either Olathe or Desoto school district.  If, that is a concern, rest of Lenexa will be Shawnee Mission....
What the fuck is wrong with Olathe

I used to live in old town Lenexa....
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 5:46:41 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL I'm stealing your thread now. Our family will be relocating to Kansas City area. Although We're more interested in a smaller community with great schools. De Soto seems like a decent fit that wouldn't be too far of a commute. But we're also open to the Misery side. On the list is right now is De Soto, Parkville, Kearney, Blue Springs, North Platte area. I'm all ears though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
LOL I'm stealing your thread now. Our family will be relocating to Kansas City area. Although We're more interested in a smaller community with great schools. De Soto seems like a decent fit that wouldn't be too far of a commute. But we're also open to the Misery side. On the list is right now is De Soto, Parkville, Kearney, Blue Springs, North Platte area. I'm all ears though.
View Quote

almost mutually exclusive goals.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades, De Soto seems to have highly ranked schools and is a smaller Town. Otherwise Kearney seems to have a decent school district and is a small town.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
De Soto seems like a decent fit that wouldn't be too far of a commute.
View Quote

If it matters DeSoto has the best outdoor range in the area.  Mill Creek Rifle Club.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If it matters DeSoto has the best outdoor range in the area.  Mill Creek Rifle Club.
View Quote

Absolutely correct.  And small town.  For the moment, anyway.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
De Soto seems like a decent fit that wouldn't be too far of a commute.

With a lot of different matches if you're into that. Can't wait to get back to shooting with them. I should be back in the area and shooting with them around 01JUL. Only thing that may hold me up is if my ankle is ready to compete. Just had it rebuilt last week.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
They have a long range class coming up.  I have a 18" heavy barrel AR I have never stretched out.  Maybe its time.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They have a long range class coming up.  I have a 18" heavy barrel AR I have never stretched out.  Maybe its time.
View Quote

When is that happening?
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When is that happening?
View Quote

April 23rd and June 11th
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

And I can't make either date.

Link Posted: 3/14/2017 2:01:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The June date is the week before I PCS back to KS.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:06:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, I think we've pretty much given up on a decent acreage for now and are looking at a 5 year plan to buy land and build unless there's something perfect on the market at the time. My wife will work near Overland park so we may branch into that side.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:14:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, I think we've pretty much given up on a decent acreage for now and are looking at a 5 year plan to buy land and build unless there's something perfect on the market at the time. My wife will work near Overland park so we may branch into that side.
View Quote
Don't know if anything is for sale but the older homes on quivera and 151st (mile north or south) might fit your needs.  

A lot of those homes are on a acre plus and most are ranches.

Went to an estate sale there last fall and the house was pretty sweet.  Friends parents live at 154 and quivera area and they have two - half acre lots put together.

Pretty much a long shot, homes are selling in 36 hours after hitting the main mls listing
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I appreciate your comments. Found a nice 3 acre Overland Park knock down for 670k...

Think I may look around for a few months.

Thank you all for the advice !
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, after 3 days of looking at over 40 houses, I'm spent. I'm pretty sure I want to be in the Olathe/OP area but idk. so fucking overwhelming at this point I just want to live in temporary housing indefinitely. Definitely surprised at how many of the newer homes were so poorly built, but my guess is that the people living in the well built homes are more content to stay... that and there are a lot of homes that have sat on the market a long time because their owners trashed them...
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Well it looks like we'll be moving to Olathe early May. I'm sure it will take some getting used to.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#21]
We'll get to our temp Housing in KCMO tomorrow. Have to dig around and see if I can locate our PPITH course certificates, I don't remember if they took the originals for are CPL's in MI or not. Although I'm interested in taking a KS class just for a run down on the KS laws since its a new area.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 7:41:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Well we're starting to get settled all in, any get-togethers for the KC area planned?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top