Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/17/2010 10:10:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ksmedman] [#1]
11 pages of Kansans!!!

Good night, how did I miss posting here??

Jamie in Wichita. Recognize several from KSCCW... hello everyone!
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Manhattan, KS.  Work as a contractor for the gov't.  Retired military.
Link Posted: 6/17/2010 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Junction City, KS, and am starting to show up at the Topeka Gun Club.
Link Posted: 6/18/2010 6:44:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#4]
Ft Riley checkin in
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:58:14 PM EDT
[#5]
James from Olathe/Leavenworth here!
Link Posted: 9/17/2010 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Olathe, KS here. Name is Kyle.
Link Posted: 9/25/2010 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#7]
not sure if i have checked in prior,  from OP KS
Link Posted: 9/27/2010 11:55:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mdrauh] [#8]
Originally Posted By vanessavy:
Originally Posted By jcarrel:
My name is Vanessa. Living in Junction City, KS since my husband is at Fort Riley. On the job hunt and looking to meet shooters since I am new in town and I love making friends, especially other shooters.

Looking for good ranges (or borrowed land) to shoot FALs, ARs and if there is no rapid fire rule I would be super happy!

There is a good range on the north end of manhattan on tuttle creek blvd/24 hwy that I used to shoot at when I went to K-State.  Think it was called tuttle creek shooting park.  Check into that.

I did see that when I was searching online but the site made it seem like it was for people to try guns out before buying or shotgun only. Tried calling but they aren't open that often until March.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's the Fancy Creek Rifle Range near Randolph, KS.

It's open the first/third weekend and the last Thursday of each month from 10am-4pm. I try to make it out there almost every weekend they're open.

ETA: I guess I've never posted in this thread... I'm Michael from Olathe, but I live in Manhattan and go to school here. It's good to see that there are a few of us here in town. Hopefully I'll run into you guys at the range sometime.
Link Posted: 11/15/2010 1:16:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Just moved to Derby.  

From Arizona by way of New York (for the last 2 years)

Would love to find a decent outdoor (rifle) range in the area.  Also I'd like to find a place to shoot 50 cal.  And of course an indoor range for handguns.  
Glad to be here in the land of the free again.
Link Posted: 12/26/2010 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Michael Roberts, Syracuse. I supervise two meat markets, and maintain rabbit, prarie dog, deer, cyote, and pheasant population.
Link Posted: 1/10/2011 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi, all. Fish in Leawood. Retired military (Flight Surgeon). I'm a pathologist at KU. Needless to say, I have a professional interest in terminal ballistics. Other than that, I'm just an ordinary gun nut.
Link Posted: 1/12/2011 8:26:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jfishbac:
Hi, all. Fish in Leawood. Retired military (Flight Surgeon). I'm a pathologist at KU. Needless to say, I have a professional interest in terminal ballistics. Other than that, I'm just an ordinary gun nut.

Hi Fish! Welcome to ARFCOM. You will see much pathology here. Do you still have a guitar in your office?
Mike
KUMC SOM '03
Link Posted: 2/8/2011 9:32:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Native Kansan here. Reside in Lawrence. AR platform has just recently become a passion. Been playing with Glocks for years, but my AR stole my heart.
Link Posted: 2/9/2011 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Shawn from andover here.
Link Posted: 2/16/2011 10:49:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Dave, just moved to Olathe from Albuquerque.
Link Posted: 3/3/2011 6:23:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ERIKtheRED47] [#16]
hey all- Im Back!!! (refer to post on pg 8) gone for training with the Air Force for a long while. Im a cop in the reserve and am working on getting hired on a PD. still shoot the same(AK-74,rem700, 9mmDOA), building an AR-15 currently
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Brett.  Great Bend to Garden City and now in Topeka.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 3:58:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bhappycattle] [#18]
Allen, Leoti, KS, native of Wichita County. Been a member on AR15.com for over 2 years, just now introducing myself. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Jeff, CNC Machine Shop Supervisor from Topeka.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:20:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By mdrauh:
My name is Vanessa. Living in Junction City, KS since my husband is at Fort Riley. On the job hunt and looking to meet shooters since I am new in town and I love making friends, especially other shooters.

Looking for good ranges (or borrowed land) to shoot FALs, ARs and if there is no rapid fire rule I would be super happy!

There is a good range on the north end of manhattan on tuttle creek blvd/24 hwy that I used to shoot at when I went to K-State.  Think it was called tuttle creek shooting park.  Check into that.

I did see that when I was searching online but the site made it seem like it was for people to try guns out before buying or shotgun only. Tried calling but they aren't open that often until March.

Thanks!

It's open the first/third weekend and the last Thursday of each month from 10am-4pm. I try to make it out there almost every weekend they're open.

ETA: I guess I've never posted in this thread... I'm Michael from Olathe, but I live in Manhattan and go to school here. It's good to see that there are a few of us here in town. Hopefully I'll run into you guys at the range sometime.

I'm also going to school in Manhattan, and also have a Brak avatar.  What are the odds?

I haven't had too much time or money to go shoot this semester, and I'm yet to check out any of the ranges except for the indoor range in Ogden (still pretty new to shooting, bought my first rifle about a year and a half ago).  We should definitely organize an Arfcom shoot in the future, I would love to learn from you guys.  None of my friends are into black rifles, so meeting some like-minded people would be awesome.

I'm originally from Arkansas City, KS, and my name is Kevin.
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 6:17:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi, names Bret. Living in Wichita Kansas for about the last 1 1/2 years. Still waiting for my first rifle to arrive ( ACR ) but I hope to destroy many commie paper targets in the future.
Link Posted: 5/6/2011 10:26:19 PM EDT
[#22]
You may want to check out Godfrey's in Junction City - brand new, state-of-the-art, great staff, clean, and you can fire almost anything there.  Check 'em out!
Link Posted: 5/25/2011 3:39:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Bob from Wichita. Got back into AKs recently while being a member here for quite awhile mostly lurking.
Link Posted: 6/3/2011 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#24]
David from Solomon, farm for a living.
Link Posted: 7/9/2011 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Greg from Gardner.
Link Posted: 7/12/2011 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By pants222:

Thanks!

I'm also going to school in Manhattan, and also have a Brak avatar.  What are the odds?

I haven't had too much time or money to go shoot this semester, and I'm yet to check out any of the ranges except for the indoor range in Ogden (still pretty new to shooting, bought my first rifle about a year and a half ago).  We should definitely organize an Arfcom shoot in the future, I would love to learn from you guys.  None of my friends are into black rifles, so meeting some like-minded people would be awesome.

Currently going to K-State also, let me know if this meeting gets arranged. Maybe we should start a school AR club?

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 4:50:52 PM EDT
[#27]
John from Bonner Springs.  I work for the FAA in Olathe as a Communications Technician.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:

Thanks!

Currently going to K-State also, let me know if this meeting gets arranged. Maybe we should start a school AR club?  

Fancy Creek is a decent range. I have been there a few times. I used to shoot at the POW range on Ft Riley all the time, but now I have a buddy that has land so we have started doing our own thing south of Manhattan. If you guys get an ARFCOM shoot going on out there sometime, let me know, I will go to it if I can. Check out the indoor range in Junction City by Quantico also, especially their archery range It is all very nice.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 12:31:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Farmboy73:
John from Bonner Springs.  I work for the FAA in Olathe as a Communications Technician.

I bet I have either talked to you or one of your buddies at work to activate my waiver for rocketry activities.
Link Posted: 8/26/2011 5:44:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QTS_KS] [#30]
Originally Posted By DM1975:
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:

Thanks!

Fancy Creek is a decent range. I have been there a few times. I used to shoot at the POW range on Ft Riley all the time, but now I have a buddy that has land so we have started doing our own thing south of Manhattan. If you guys get an ARFCOM shoot going on out there sometime, let me know, I will go to it if I can. Check out the indoor range in Junction City by Quantico also, especially their archery range It is all very nice.

Thanks for the referral.  Godfrey's is pretty nice!  Check out their special group functions, like IDPA.  This weekend, check us at the Overland Park Gun Show.
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 2:03:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Hey yous.

Henry, based outta LV.

Spend two days a week up in KC going to school for my EMT cert, then I might see about moving out west past Hays for work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:41:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By DM1975:
Originally Posted By Farmboy73:

I bet I have either talked to you or one of your buddies at work to activate my waiver for rocketry activities.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Mike here work for KDOT. Live in Topeka travel all over the state throughout the year, just about done traveling till the middle of February.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 2:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm Tim,
I'm stationed at Riely and I live in Manhattan when I'm not in Iraq. I also like shooting at Godfreys
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:03:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Munzy] [#35]
Im Alex from Prairie Village, anyone know of any good ranges around kc that allow more than 1 shot every 3 seconds like Lake City range?

Edit: And I am a student a JCCC
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 5:48:38 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm Bryce... living in Pittsburg... im a noob
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Munzy:
Im Alex from Prairie Village, anyone know of any good ranges around kc that allow more than 1 shot every 3 seconds like Lake City range?

Mill Creek rifle range by DeSota KS is a great outdoor range  Pistol ranges 100yd 200yd 300yd and longer for rifle

Randy in Salina
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By rgerh:
Originally Posted By Munzy:

Mill Creek rifle range by DeSota KS is a great outdoor range  Pistol ranges 100yd 200yd 300yd and longer for rifle

Randy in Salina

You gotta be a member to shoot there.  Not sure what the waiting list is for them.  There's also Tri-County Rod and Gun Club out by Linwood, Ks.  But their wait list is about 2 years or so.
Link Posted: 1/16/2012 7:36:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Jeff, in Baxter Springs area here. I mostly shoot at my "private" range, which is some chats where I have some lasered range markers set up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2012 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#40]
My name is Chevis I'm a K9 handler in the Corps (not for too much longer), and sometimes reside in Wyandotte County, KCK.

I've been active military for the past 5 years and got recruited out of Kansas City, where my mother lives. Every so often, I make it back up that direction. Fellow ARFcommer andrasik is a good buddy of mine, when I make it up that way this summer we may need some extra Kansas firepower to kill some paper in the KC area.
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Sup. I've been here awhile but never hung out in here. Wichita area.
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 1:59:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Rich from Olathe.  I'm a LEO in OP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2012 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey guys. Names Matt. I live in Tonganoxie, KS and work up at Lansing Correctional as a CO. Also a national guardsman.

-Matt
Link Posted: 2/1/2012 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Name is Mark I live On a small farm west of Newton 3 miles and work as a Project foreman for a mechanical contractor in Wichita to support my farming and AR addictions. Until a few months ago I had no interest in AR's–– had enough of them in the army back in the day. But have purchased a RRA LAR 8, an AR 15, and built another 15 in the last 4 months and am planning my next build now. Yes I have the sickness. I have my own private range (primitive, we like to shoot hedge apples for targets)here on the farm, Drives my conscientiuos objector neighbor across the road crazy. Would love to meet some fellow crazies for some Black rifle and adult beverage fun.
Link Posted: 2/2/2012 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#45]
howdy yall my name is Derek iam in scammon ks.  just looking for a chat on hear is there one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 1:10:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By 4bangin:
not sure if i have checked in prior,  from OP KS

Same goes for me as well. Native Kansan, KU grad, now reside in OP and working on my first NFA item.
Link Posted: 2/12/2012 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Hey all, my names Tony. Originally from Hill City, KS. At the moment I'm living in Manhattan attending KSU.
Link Posted: 2/17/2012 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#48]
New member checking in. Have used the sight for lots of info and decided I might as well join the hive! Glad to be here.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 8:03:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: beeruss] [#49]
Ben from spring hill checking in.

Work at Alcatel-Lucent driving a desk. Been hunting all my life. Getting more involved in killing paper now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2012 6:57:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Justin here in good ol' Southwestern KS. Garden City to be specific. Work as a Pharmacy Technician until school is over then I'll be a full fledged Pharmacists.
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top