Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2017 12:52:54 PM EDT
I finally got my household goods and I'm going to register my firearms. I've heard different answers but can't find an answer and can't get a hold of them.  Does anyone know how m Cg it costs? I've heard $14.75 exact change. I've seen 42 dollars online and has to be a cashiers check or money order? Anyone have an answer
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to be having to do mine before long as well, if you don't mind letting me know how much it costs to get yours done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
The current rate for Honolulu is a one time $42 fee that took effect this year.  They take cash and credit cards.  I recommend cash cause sometimes their card reader breaks.

You will also have to pay the parking meter, coins or CC
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The current rate for Honolulu is a one time $42 fee that took effect this year.  They take cash and credit cards.  I recommend cash cause sometimes their card reader breaks.

You will also have to pay the parking meter, coins or CC
View Quote
That's the new Rapback fee, $42., correct?
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 3:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I just recently registered a firearm on Maui and since the new Rapback law I had to pay a $42 fingerprinting and background check fee (one time only).  After that fee and FBI background process, I am able to register my guns without incurring that fee again.  The Maui Firearms records department only takes cashier's checks or money orders.  No cash or credit cards.
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 12:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just recently registered a firearm on Maui and since the new Rapback law I had to pay a $42 fingerprinting and background check fee (one time only).  After that fee and FBI background process, I am able to register my guns without incurring that fee again.  The Maui Firearms records department only takes cashier's checks or money orders.  No cash or credit cards.
View Quote
thanks for that info. so cashiers check or MO for the rapback and then no additional cost for registering your guns? will there be any issue for someone who doesn't have a HI license yet?
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

thanks for that info. so cashiers check or MO for the rapback and then no additional cost for registering your guns? will there be any issue for someone who doesn't have a HI license yet?
View Quote
If someone that has an out of state license that is now going to make residence in Hawaii should transfer their OOS drivers license within 30 days.

When I applied for my permit to acquire, I used my US Passport and social security card.  There was no additional fees incurred when I do any firearm registrations with the records department other than the one time fee for Rap Back.  This is of course in Maui.  I don't know how it is in the other counties.

If an FFL is part of the mix, the dealer I use charges $25 for each firearm I do a transfer on.
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 1:33:03 AM EDT
[#7]
When paying for your rapback with HPD, be sure to take only paper currency.  i tried to pay with 2 $20s and 2 dollar coins and was told they don’t accept coins even though the sign said they accept cash and my coins were legal US currency.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 2:23:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Register?!  Hope you don’t have a medical marijuana card. Don’t care because you don’t?  They will find something you do next.
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Register?!  Hope you don’t have a medical marijuana card. Don’t care because you don’t?  They will find something you do next.
View Quote
Not sure I follow what your saying
Link Posted: 12/30/2017 11:05:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 4:03:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same  on Big Island, I just did the dance this week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top