Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2017 11:18:19 AM EDT
What are ammo prices like?

My son is moving and will be there for three years. I have a one time opportunity to send him ammo.

Can anyone give me an idea of prices on a thousand rounds of .223,  9mm, .40 .45?

Thanks

after extensive reading, the gun situation appears to suck.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Thousand rounds of .223 go around $500.  I haven't bought factory ammo in a long time due to prices.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Prices are such that I'd suggest sending him all you can.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 3:40:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there any way to order ammo and have it shipped to HI?  Most of my typical online retailers specifically stated no-go for HI.  I'm heading there next month and want to shoot with a friend who's there.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Stores have sales by the case occasionally.  Not including tax or CC fees, 223 is $350, 9mm $240, 40 $300.

Shipping ammo usually results in hazmat fees which is something like $300 per shipment.  Usually not worth it to have ammo shipped in unless you order by the pallet.
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 1:42:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there any way to order ammo and have it shipped to HI?  Most of my typical online retailers specifically stated no-go for HI.  I'm heading there next month and want to shoot with a friend who's there.
View Quote
This is around what i have seen as well.  Buy big when it's on sale.  Everything in hawaii must be shipped in by either ship or plane, so everything is priced higher than the rest of the US.  It's the price of living in the middle of the ocean.  No one buys ammo online unless they can cobble a group buy and split the hazmat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top