Link Posted: 11/9/2019 11:02:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 5:02:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This evening I took my fetching bride out to dinner. I reached across table, took her hands, and told her, "This would be overwhelming without you."

She looked back at me and said, "Ditto."

This girl slays me. I'm blessed beyond what I deserve.
View Quote
I am some random moron on the internet.  This is one of the most powerful posts I've read in years.  You are indeed blessed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2019 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice looking rig!
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally listened to my ortho surgeon and, as much as I hate it, have given up riding (started riding at Clemson in the '80s).  Multiple fractures, five surgeries, three plates and about twenty screws all on the same arm; he said there wasn't much to put back together if I broke it again.
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 6:44:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Was all that accumulated over time or in one event?
View Quote
One 45' fall (2 surgeries), one dual sport wreck up in NC on a Forestry Service road (1 surgery), last time was a Brit guy in the Philippines running into me (another 2 surgeries).  You'd think I had something against my left arm.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think Santa's bringing you a big roll of bubble wrap.
View Quote
Maybe I can ask for a BMW C1.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2019 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 7:04:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#17]
great progress
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:34:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/7/2019 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/12/2019 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 11:09:34 PM EDT
[#21]
thats awesome about the bike with the side car brohawk.  it is beautiful.

also about being able to cross your legs is awesome too. keep up the . hard phys ptherapy and youll be good to go im sure.

now about the guy wo saw it, that is going to bea very good thing for you if you need him for your insurance or lawsuits or what not.

soundsl ike a lot has been going the right way. im happy for you.

keep healing up sir.
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
This is most excellent news Brohawk!  I am elated to hear it!

Keep up the hard work! i'll keep the prayers coming!

so happy for you!
Link Posted: 1/15/2020 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Wow, that’s amazing that one shot made such an instant improvement in your quality of life!

Without the pain, your recovery exercise will be so much easier.

Thanks for the update, Godspeed in your recovery.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/7/2020 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#26]
you got that right about the sine wave.  so glad you have overcame that low there.  It is never easy to do but it is always worthwhile once you have over came it. many times i've been there, and it takes only something small to make me realize that im being  pitty party and i cannot allow myself to do that.

sounds like you've made some lofty goals for you walking without the cane, and i applaud you. way to go man. way to go.  keep up the good work, i know it hurts, and its not easy, but keep it up.  I've had to keep the fight going myself. its never easy, but it is what has to be done. if its walking further without the cane, or grocery shopping without the riding cart, and pushing a buggy instead, every little battle is a victory. keep it up man. good going.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got to thinking, that there are some of us who have problems we're walking through that everybody knows about. Those who know us (and around here, even some who don't!) give us encouragement and support. That's good and appreciated.

This directed my mind to those who have struggles we can't see; those who face daily internal battles but present a smile to the world around them. Internalizing their struggles, people around them have no idea what's going on under the surface.

Several years ago I met a guy on Facebook through a mutual friend. Though we never met face-to-face, I felt like we got to be actual friends as well as that medium allows. We shared a lot of the same values and interests. He got my snarky humor. He was married to a wonderful wife. This guy was living a good life.

A few weeks ago he made a post that said something to the effect of, "Here's to those who struggle with things they don't talk about." I can't remember what I posted in reply, but I could relate, because I have things I don't discuss openly and just have to deal with.

A week later I saw a post that he had passed on suddenly and unexpectedly. There were no details of the circumstances. Usually there is something about a cause, such as a heart attack, stroke, care accident, etc.

Nothing.

Since then, I've wondered about the last post I saw from him. Did I miss a plea for someone to reach out to him? I've pondered that question without an answer many times. What if I had picked up on the hint and sent him a message letting him know he could talk to me about anything in total confidence?

These days we need to be more tuned in to those around us. Be sensitive to subtle clues. When someone says something that's a little off, ask them if they're OK, if they want to talk.

I guess I'm posting this here because of all the encouragement I've received. This is the first time I've mentioned my wondering about my friend, Bob's last post.

Y'all watch out for each other.
View Quote
I think you're right.  we all do struggle with things that we dont let on to others about, and that we dont discuss with others.  It is nice to know though that we have those few people out there that will hold what we talk about in confidence though too.

I dont know, and cannot speak for your situation as to wether or not you missed a subtle queue or plea for help from your friend bob.  I can pray that you did not, and his passing was of natural causes, and not as t he result of him having to deal with things he didnt have anyone to speak to about.  Like you, i've recieved a lot  of encouragement, support and help these past couple of years since i was diagnosed and have been fighting my cancer.  I know there are folks i can turn to if i had to, to discuss things that i dont usually discuss openly with anyone.

you are right we need to watch out for each other, with my buddy passing this week, i know i couldnt do anything about it, but i cant help but feel like there is something i should have been able to do to have helped prevent his passing.. i dont know what, but i cant help but feel like i coulda done something, anything, even though i know, there is nothing anyone could have done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This is probably going to be my last update in this thread.

Yesterday I had my last follow up with the orthopedic surgeon. He's happy with the state I'm in and said there's no reason to see him again unless a problem comes up.

I asked him about lifting limitations, and he said I can lift as much as I can tolerate. Pretty much green lighted me to live as much as I can stand.

There's still healing ahead, as the soreness in my hip reminds me. However, I have been steadily (albeit slowly) improving. The big focus now is improving strength in my legs.

A while back my left knee was causing some serious pain. As noted previously, the MRI showed a knee typical for a 60 y/o man. I started taking a glucosamine/condroitin supplement (Osteo-Biflex) and over the past several weeks it has improved drastically, to where it doesn't really bother me anymore.

So, thanks to all for the prayers and moral support over the past seven months. It's appreciated.
View Quote
brohawk this is awesome news. im so happy for you!  just keep on workin it and you'll be in business!!! Good job sir!! Sorry for the pain still though, hopefully itll be less over time as you exercise it more..
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top