Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2017 1:07:14 PM EDT
I am trying to find a gunsmith in the Greenville area that is able to thread an FAL barrel for a flash hider.  

Any of my neighbors on here have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know anyone in Greenville with those skills, but....

There is CMP Armory located in the countryside north of the Stanley/Dallas NC area. Website with contact info is:   http://www.cmparmory.com/    (Not affiliated with the CMP marksmanship program in Anniston, Al.)

James does the smith work and his wife/S.O. fields the calls and does scheduling. He threaded my two FAL L1A1 frankenguns, installed the FH, and did some needed repair and parts replacement for me. I thought his prices were fair. He is very good on FAL/L1A1 type rifles and Combloc rifles. But, be forewarned, he is usually backed up about six months on work at any given time, and they see customers by appointment only. They are away at gunshows on a good many weekends. Phone 704-674-2058
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 8:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, kind sir!

Was looking to drop it off and have it done locally, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards.

I will give these folks a call tomorrow.  

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 9:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
try contacting Bob with UAG (Upstate Armory Group). he is in Ft Inn and does all of my gunsmith work i can't do myself. i'm not sure if he can thread a barrel but all he do can is say no.

i believe he goes by silentbob here on arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 12:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!
Just hit him up on Facebook.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#5]
@tacticalmedic450

Thanks for that suggestion!

Sent them a message on FB, to which they responded almost immediately.  They didn't show up as local when I did a Google search for gunsmiths.  I looked them up online and they have a stellar reputation.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@tacticalmedic450

Thanks for that suggestion!

Sent them a message on FB, to which they responded almost immediately.  They didn't show up as local when I did a Google search for gunsmiths.  I looked them up online and they have a stellar reputation.  
View Quote
yes, he is awesome. use him all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top