Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2017 10:33:04 PM EDT
Is there anywhere in the state where the humidity isn't too bad during the summer?
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is there anywhere in the state where the humidity isn't too bad during the summer?
View Quote

Nope.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope.
View Quote
I should have known.......
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Breathe breathe

GagahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHhHh

Breathe breathe

BwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHahahahahahHhHhahahHhajahahahaah
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:08:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Upstate near mountains is the lowest.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
FPNI
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Inside with AC is one of the few places without humidity.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 10:24:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Upstate near mountains is the lowest.
View Quote
Smokey99,

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#11]
As suggested, upstate might be a bit better. I would say areas around and to the north of Greenville. The midlands (Columbia) is pretty bad, and all the way to the coast. Charleston is OK, IF you are on or very close to the ocean for the breezes.

Honestly though, compared to NY, everywhere down here is going to feel like a sauna. We do not have a true 4 seasons. It runs summer (mid-April to October), fall (November to January), and spring (February to early-April). In the Columbia area, we see snow about once every three years or so.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:53:58 AM EDT
[#12]
How close you want to be to great eats, theaters, entertainment. That would be Travelers Rest, Greenville.

More out of the way would be "Green Acres" style - Walhalla, Mountain Rest, Pickens - all small towns.

Most outdoor, and indoor ranges are near Greenville.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you gentlemen, now I have a starting point.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I "clicked" on this thread only because I wanted to see the punchline to the question. Boy, was I surprised.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:22:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Thank you gentlemen, now I have a starting point.
View Quote
I could also use some input on Anderson SC as well.
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I "clicked" on this thread only because I wanted to see the punchline to the question. Boy, was I surprised.
View Quote
I was surprised as well, I actually thought I posted in GD.

But then the help I was looking for, came through
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:30:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Very humid here
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#18]
the humidity here in the upstate isn't all that bad. I recently had to visit WNY in the beginning of August.. it was in the mid 90's here and I drove with my windows open and spent alot of time outdoors...I got up to WNY and the humidity was overwhelmingly WET! there is a huge difference in humidity from here to there. up there it is more wet probably do to the great lakes.. here I feel it more as heavy or thick air. but ask any locals and they can't stand it... I love the heat and humidity one reason I chose here, the other is I am surrounded by second amendment loving conservatives!
Link Posted: 9/4/2017 7:30:51 AM EDT
[#19]
the upstate NC/SC border would be your only choice. mountain elevation is the only thing to cure that!   if your real serious about it then no SC at all. NC would be the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/7/2017 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#20]
This scenario is just one of many I don't want to face. Hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, wild fires, and many more. Frequency plays a big part. I'm sure I would enjoy SC very much otherwise.
Link Posted: 10/2/2017 9:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
You would like the Greeenville area. Lower temperature and humidity than down in the low country where I grew up.  Also a nice mix of people from all over living up here.  Big enough to have the conveniences of a good sized city without the major traffic hassles of Atlanta or Charlotte.

Do a search on #yeahthatgreenville
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#22]
it's South Carolina.  Lotsa humidity around here.  As mentioned, the closer you get to the Western NC Border, the less you'll suffer.  
Travelers Rest and points surrounding is where I'd start.  The cities are hot (Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson).
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#23]
New Yorkers I spent a good deal of my life in the Pee Dee with only a fan in the summer ....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top