BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can't believe the box hasn't been replaced yet considering it's free.
View Quote

My girlfriend told me to do just that. I refused.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

That box has seen better days.

Come on guy's take some pictures.
View Quote
This is how it came to me. It actually had a couple more layers I had to peel off to get in.

I'll take a content picture after I put stuff in it, before I ship it out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 2:54:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is how it came to me. It actually had a couple more layers I had to peel off to get in.
  <a href="http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/RoccoOnFire/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1448907095_zpszhyikrqp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah262/RoccoOnFire/Mobile%20Uploads/1448907095_zpszhyikrqp.jpg</a>

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/RoccoOnFire/media/Mobile%20Uploads/1448907095_zpszhyikrqp.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah262/RoccoOnFire/Mobile%20Uploads/1448907095_zpszhyikrqp.jpg</a>

That is awesome!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:05:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I will be terribly saddened if someone replaces the box. In its current form it's almost a work of art.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 4:33:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I will be terribly saddened if someone replaces the box. In its current form it's almost a work of art.
View Quote

I will do my best to keep it intact. I should see it in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:00:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to soak part of it in oil and make it smell strange.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 7:22:50 PM EDT
[#9]
.22 crossman pellets

5 mp camera w/ 4 gb internal storage, radio, Micro sd slot, charge/data cable, A/V cable, protective case. It was never used but it works it just has funky controls like telling it to charge when you plug it in and an exit button on the bottom of the camera. It's cheap but it's small and could be handy for someone.

USB charge guy

Ankle pedometer

December 2015 knife catalogue

Box of Legos- brand new, wouldn't fit in a charity box. Had to break down the box to make it fit. Still sealed in bags with instructions. Figured someone's kid may want it.

A couple corded hands free sets

I still have to get a roll of duct tape and I'll try to get it out tomorrow.

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Fess up... who added the Gurkha Cigars folding knife?
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Y'all are shipping ammo USPS?
View Quote

I cannot confirm/deny that I took a box of ammo out of that box.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]
The box is out. I got some looks at the post office with that thing. Ammo? No. Used brass. Maybe.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Crap i thought i put the one that said black hawk or CAO on it
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looked like one of the ones I give away at Gurkha events. I wouldn't be surprised if other brands are using them, too.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 11:11:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Looked like one of the ones I give away at Gurkha events. I wouldn't be surprised if other brands are using them, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do attend a few cigar events.
that reminds me it is time to start looking for some Arturo Fuente Anejo 77's i can only find them around fathers day and Xmas.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 1:02:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Too late, probably. My allocation of Sharks sold out thursday night. You should still be able to find the other sizes of anejo, though.

Which shops do you usually hit?
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Box 'o stuff arrived today.  Hades kept a close watch on it until I got home.  My wife commented that y'all are slacking.....20 layers of duct tape holding the box together, and NONE OF IT was camo!!!!  (I'll be fixing that oversight)

Here's the contents of the box as I opened it

The arm on the Lee scale was broken, so I took it out.  

Per Rocco's request, an item was removed and will not be spoken of.

The bipod was claimed, so I took the boresnake and the Lyman powder thrower.

I added a Burris 30mm PEPR scope mount and a very-slightly-used Buck 110 anniversary edition.  

It's too late to get the box to the post office today, so if I get the next address, it'll go out Monday.

dhayden81, you're up next!  Shoot me an IM with your address!

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 8:36:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Box 'o stuff arrived today.  Hades kept a close watch on it until I got home.  My wife commented that y'all are slacking.....20 layers of duct tape holding the box together, and NONE OF IT was camo!!!!  (I'll be fixing that oversight)

<a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/fighterfixer1/media/Box%20as%20arrived.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q527/fighterfixer1/Box%20as%20arrived.jpg</a>

Here's the contents of the box as I opened it

<a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/fighterfixer1/media/Contents%20as%20arrived.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q527/fighterfixer1/Contents%20as%20arrived.jpg</a>

The arm on the Lee scale was broken, so I took it out.  

<a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/fighterfixer1/media/Broken%20Lee%20scale.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q527/fighterfixer1/Broken%20Lee%20scale.jpg</a>

Per Rocco's request, an item was removed and will not be spoken of.

The bipod was claimed, so I took the boresnake and the Lyman powder thrower.

I added a Burris 30mm PEPR scope mount and a very-slightly-used Buck 110 anniversary edition.  

<a href="http://s1162.photobucket.com/user/fighterfixer1/media/Added%20PEPR%20and%20110.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q527/fighterfixer1/Added%20PEPR%20and%20110.jpg</a>

It's too late to get the box to the post office today, so if I get the next address, it'll go out Monday.

dhayden81, you're up next!  Shoot me an IM with your address!

View Quote

So you took the SSA-E trigger???
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

That Primary Arms sale rocked.

It came in just in time for the picture.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please check your IMs.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It always does, I love PA.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Please check your IMs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please check your IMs.

Check yours back...maybe this one is better? ->
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please check your IMs.

How about using plain English?  There wasn't a trigger in the box.   I took pictures of what was in the box when it arrived, took pics of what I put in it, and listed what I took out.  There is no mention of a trigger in the log book, and I'm not seeing any mention of a trigger being sent out.  

To stop this pissing match before it gets out of hand, Rocco, would you please confirm?  Was there supposed to be a trigger in the box?  (If there is, I didn't see it, and I could sure use one)
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

How about using plain English?  There wasn't a trigger in the box.   I took pictures of what was in the box when it arrived, took pics of what I put in it, and listed what I took out.  There is no mention of a trigger in the log book, and I'm not seeing any mention of a trigger being sent out.  

To stop this pissing match before it gets out of hand, Rocco, would you please confirm?  Was there supposed to be a trigger in the box?  (If there is, I didn't see it, and I could sure use one)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please check your IMs.

Not seeing the pissing match, not accusatory. ...who posted the pic of the ssa-e in the box?  The box is a box that you can take anything out of or put anything in.  I thought that trigger was generous and you had a good score.  If I am dreaming about that, then my bad, but I am sure I saw it....

Most guys here have said what they put in and took out.  I thought your red text was about the trigger since.you said you wouldn't mention it...that's all...not sure how that constitutes a pissing match or accusations.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:38:02 PM EDT
[#26]
No there was no trigger in the box. I threw an SSA-E in for the picture as a goof. It had just come in the mail, from a Primary arms sale for 160, as I had finished packing up the box for the picture so I threw it on top for some laughs. Sorry for the confusion!

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No there was no trigger in the box. I threw an SSA-E in for the picture as a goof. It had just come in the mail, from a Primary arms sale for 160, as I had finished packing up the box for the picture so I threw it on top for some laughs. Sorry for the confusion!

View Quote

...I knew I had seen that pic...I thought fighter had one hell of a score and that was the "item removed we won't talk about".  Thanks for the clarification!
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 6:21:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm still waiting for an address to send the box to.  
Link Posted: 12/8/2015 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Sent you an im
Link Posted: 12/10/2015 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Box sent to dhayden81.  Forgot to take pics but it now has camo duct tape holding it together.  The lady at the post office tried to charge me extra because she couldn't tell it was a flat-rate box.....glad I left the bar code on the bottom visible because it's getting at least one more trip.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#31]
My wife has been forewarned about the "box"

I have decided I am going to put a signed R. Lee Emory ball cap in it.  Used but I figure if any group of folks would get a kick out of it this is the gang.

I can authenticate it is the real deal.  He signed it for me at a trade show a number of years ago when Mail Call was on the the air.
Link Posted: 12/13/2015 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Received the "box"! Hopefully I can figure out how to get a pic up and get it out early this week.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Received the "box"! Hopefully I can figure out how to get a pic up and get it out early this week.
View Quote

Got your IM and responded.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:49:33 AM EDT
[#34]
I'll do my best to get it sent to the next person next week. It might be a bit hard with 2 non-mil jobs, the holidays, and having 5 people visiting.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 5:25:55 PM EDT
[#35]
It made it to my place intact and Good to Go for another trip.  

Took out the 2 AR mags and the Primary Arms hat.  

Put in

desert Camo garrison hat I never wore, boonie hat guy here.  
like new set of RCBS 30/06 dies (had two sets)
Spyderco knife (little thing I used to open the box LOL)

Pics forthcoming, Have to upload them in a bit.

It will be next Thursday before I can mail it out.  I am going out of town after the holiday because it is my 30th anniversary to a VERY understanding lady.

Okie the orange cat approved of the packing job.  She then promptly sat in the box.  

Inbound items.

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Too FUNNY, the next guy is basically a neighbor!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Good by me, but my wife would complain!!
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#39]
I can't believe that not one of you savages could find a use for a S&W K-frame speedloader.

Wheel guns are real guns, too.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#40]
My uncle shoots a 44 Smith, will it work for him.  

Not a wheel gun guy myself.  Glock guy here.
Link Posted: 12/25/2015 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Nah, the .44s are built on the 'N' frame.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:24:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Thanks.

THe next guy has it, took it to him on the 25th.  3.4 minutes from my house.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in!
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:07:42 PM EDT
[#44]
this has been fun to watch and participate in. The box has relanded at it's origin and it looks like, and I quote my wife, "A Hot Mess".

Here are the goodies after I took out all the junk I originally put in.

Here are the goodies I have added.

And here is the shiny new box.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Roll that bad boy out for another round, shuffle the names so it goes in a different order.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Roll that bad boy out for another round, shuffle the names so it goes in a different order.
View Quote

Says the guy who just had the box.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:14:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Random shuffle is cool.  I found more stuff to put in it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the one that only had to drive a few miles to deliver it. I only got away with not mailing it because of the get together.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 5:43:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

And the one that only had to drive a few miles to deliver it. I only got away with not mailing it because of the get together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was a get together? I really need to check the HTF more often.

ETA: Found the thread, really hate I missed it since my new starts with a J too.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top