Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2017 11:56:25 AM EDT
I was saving up to get a binary trigger for some fun. But I see us North Dakotans cant have that kind of FUN.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Where in the law is it prohibited?  I can't recall ever reading that.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 12:34:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: it20] [#2]
From Echo's site,

North Dakota: Machinegun definition includes a firearm not requiring the trigger to be pressed for each shot. See, NDCC Chapter 62.1-01.

8. "Machine gun, submachine gun, or fully automatic rifle" means a firearm, mechanism,
or instrument not requiring that the trigger be pressed for each shot, and having a
reservoir, belt, or other means of storing and carrying ammunition which can be loaded
into the firearm, mechanism, or instrument and fired therefrom at a rate of five or more
shots to the second

edit: added code
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:36:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Got_Nukes] [#3]
Thanks for pointing this out. I know a few ND representatives. Maybe we can get this changed during the next session.

Can you recommend any changes to the wording that would only focus on the machine gun and not include the binary trigger?

ETA. Do you know a state where they are not prohibited? We can look at their laws for an example.

This is most likely an old definition of machine gun prior to binary triggers.  ND wouldn't intentionally ban the triggers. They just fit into the definition.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
FROM Fostech's ECHO page, these are the states that they cant sell to

New Jersey: Machinegun definition includes a firearm not requiring the trigger to be pressed for each shot. See, NJAC 13:54-1.2.

North Dakota: Machinegun definition includes a firearm not requiring the trigger to be pressed for each shot. See, NDCC Chapter 62.1-01.

Oregon: Machinegun definition includes a firearm allows two or more shots to be fired by a single pressure on the trigger device. See, ORS § 166.210.

Washington: Machinegun definition includes a firearm not requiring the trigger to be pressed for each shot. See, RCW § 9.41.010(15).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top