Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 5:14:33 PM EDT
We arrived this afternoon (Thursday) and We  plan on seeing some sights tomorrow afternoon and Saturday before leaving Sunday morning. Will be around the embassies tomorrow morning until noon getting my wife's Dutch passport renewed. Then we can head out to sight see tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, all day. I definitely want to see the Air and space museum, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument. The tomb of the unknowns and any other big ones you can think of that we might want to see. We have a car with us, but realize that is a mistake.

Any suggestions from locals?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By dwheeler78:
We arrived this afternoon (Thursday) and We  plan on seeing some sights tomorrow afternoon and Saturday before leaving Sunday morning. Will be around the embassies tomorrow morning until noon getting my wife's Dutch passport renewed. Then we can head out to sight see tomorrow afternoon and Saturday, all day. I definitely want to see the Air and space museum, Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument. The tomb of the unknowns and any other big ones you can think of that we might want to see. We have a car with us, but realize that is a mistake.

Any suggestions from locals?
View Quote

Go to the National Mall and see the Smithsonian museums. Also, the Newseum is good. Smithsonian are all free. Grab lunch at the Hawk and Dove, or some place on that strip. Food in the area is good. Go see your congressman. Sometimes they have coupons, brochures, and other sightseeing tidbits. Might even get to see his office, see the chambers of the House, etc.

Mt. Vernon is close enough to drive to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:34:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bobcat71] [#2]
The Jefferson Memorial?  Ford's Theater?  I love both places.

ETA:  Just realized I'm a couple months late with my response....
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Just so you don't feel bad, about being late to the ball.

think about getting a Metro Pass, lots of places close and easy.  Avoids parking

Based on past trips, not surfe how reliable Metro is these days.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top