Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2016 3:03:40 AM EDT
Will stay in Arlington but will metro to DC to see the usual sites. Will leave CCW in hotel but I feel naked without it. Are there metal detectors at the museums? Or am I just overly fucked over with just a flashlight to defend myself and my family?
Also, FBHO, would not be going near the WH.

Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:41:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davewvu86] [#1]
There are metal detectors at many museums and they prohibit knives.  

Case law says that pretty much anything can be considered a prohibited concealed weapon including semi-sharp tools like screwdrivers.  Museums aside, you may want to look at pepper spray.  Though, at one point it was thought that pepper spray must be registered with the police.  MPD now says:

Businesses in the District of Columbia are required to notify the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) of any sale of self-defense spray by submitting a completed registration form to the MPD’s Firearms Registration Section (the form should be completed by the purchaser at the point of sale).The purchaser of the self-defense spray does not need to submit any additional documentation. Any legal self-defense spray acquired outside the District of Columbia does not have to be registered with the MPD’s Firearms Registration Section.
View Quote

http://mpdc.dc.gov/page/mace-pepper-spray-and-self-defense-sprays

It wouldn't surprise me at all if MPD did however consider it criminal to conceal pepper spray.  

In short, concealed means concealed, but watch out for the numerous metal detectors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top