Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2014 12:00:22 AM EDT
How safe is the metro system? Especially at night?
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By SkunkTop:
How safe is the metro system? Especially at night?
View Quote

Haha! I thought you meant Metro Safety, as in the Safety Division at WMATA. I'm dealing with those guys on a project right now and they are mostly grade A, over-zealous safety nazis.

To answer you're question though: I ride the metro rails at night all the time and I don't really feel too uncomfortable. Then again, I'm a 6'4" 215 lb white guy and look like I know how to handle myself well enough. I do try to avoid talking to most of the people I see on the train though. I never ride the buses, so I can't really speak about them.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
So I haven't had any issues as of yet, but someone I know was robbed last night At knife point at our stop. I really only metro to and from work from VA to DC. I know I can carry an expandable baton in DC, but pretty sure it's no allowed in the Cannon/Longworth/Rayburn HOB's. How can I carry a baton to and from work, even without taking the baton into the building? I get off work at 6pm every day, so I sort of want to arm myself, and Id like to keep/store my asp somewhere during the work day. And ideas? Banks close at 5, so no deposit box.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're authorized to carry the baton in DC then just give it to the USCP Officer running the scanner.  They have lock boxes in all the buildings.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Depends on which area's you are traveling past/ stopping at

At night.....

Green / Yellow line in DC is not good

Blue/Orange line past Smithsonian  going east into PG county are not good

Red line  overall is fine the whole way.

Rule of thumb : Basically any line that goes into DC and moves east is questionable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top