Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2013 9:07:07 PM EDT
Alright, where are the DE members? We have our own brand new forum, lets use it. So for starters, where are you located in The First State, where do you shoot, etc. You know the drill.

I'll go first. I'm located in Middletown and currently I shoot nowhere. I go to Ommelanden every now and then but I need something more than 50 yards for rifle. Some private land would be great...
Link Posted: 5/27/2013 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm in north Wilmington and shoot at Targetmaster. I would like to find a range to take my 9 year old daughter if anyone has suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 12:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Pike creek valley here. Currently not shooting that much since dec 14th..
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Middletown here and I shoot at Delaware State pistol Club.

If you want to take your daughter shooting they have a silhouette shoot on Friday nights.  It's open to the public:  http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/silhouettes
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Just moved to the state,
Dover area.
Shoot at Bridgevile rifle and pistol club now

Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:36:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Just outside of Elsmere here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2013 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
South of Dover. Delmarva Sportsman Association ... DSA Range .... along with Bridgeville Rifle and Pistol
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 2:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm in north Wilmington and shoot at Targetmaster. I would like to find a range to take my 9 year old daughter if anyone has suggestions.

Elk neck state park in Northeast Md. (about 15 mile drive) has a nice outdoor shooting range. 100yd rifle, 30yd pistol, shotgun skeet area. You'll need your own target stand. $50 for year pass or $10 per day.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just south of Seaford. Shoot at Bridgeville.
Link Posted: 5/29/2013 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Seaford, Bridgeville shooting range
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Middletown.  Shoot mainly at Shooter's Choice in Cheswold (that reminds me, I need to renew my membership).

Been a long time since I've shot rifle, but Elk Neck State Park in North East, Md has a nice range, and I've heard that Alexander's is open again in the thriving metropolis of Golts.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Bear, DE.  Not shooting much these days.
Link Posted: 6/3/2013 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Portsville, Delaware
Shoot on a local farm or Delmarva Sporting Clays in Vienna, Maryland (rifle ranges, for 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards)
Link Posted: 6/4/2013 9:46:03 PM EDT
[#13]
North Wilmington..... I hate saying that  ......

....Ommelanden to plink with the AR..... can't beat 4 bucks for 1/2 an hour

.....Target Master to keep up with the pistol.....

....off to Elk Neck in MD as soon as I get my Chrony back for warranty repair, I have 300rds of load workups to test......
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 4:51:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Greenville.  Originally from Greenwood.  Only times I shoot anymore is on my parents farm down there.  Been over a year now.  3 kids 4 and under really puts a damper on the shooting sports.
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 11:42:12 PM EDT
[#15]
greetings all....Middletown....FFL dealer in case anyone needs anything.......currently shoot at elk's neck state park and omelandan sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Newark here, typically shoot at Ommelanden. I have the same user name on the Delaware Open Carry site DELOC
Link Posted: 6/22/2013 10:23:11 PM EDT
[#17]
milford, haven't had much time to shoot this year but usually go out to my inlaws place in seaford
Link Posted: 6/24/2013 2:43:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
greetings all....Middletown....FFL dealer in case anyone needs anything.......currently shoot at elk's neck state park and omelandan sometimes.

Hmm, where abouts in Middletown? PM if you'd like. I'm looking for local guys with similar interests. Wow, that sounded like a craigslist personals ad...
Link Posted: 6/27/2013 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#19]
between Georgetown and millsboro.  I shoot at Delmarva sporting clays in Vienna mostly
Link Posted: 7/7/2013 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I grew up in Wyoming DE, have moved to PA since.

I host a ahort range rifle match at Oley Fish and Game East of Reading several times a year.... I know matches are nearly non-existent in DE so if anyone is interested I post it in the PA forum.
Next one will probably be August or so.

There's also matches in New Holland for precision and carbine
Link Posted: 7/16/2013 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Move to Pike Creek from PA 8 years ago....  Shoot at Delaware County Field & Stream in Brookhaven Pa...Been shooting there since I was 17 and I'll be 60 this year...  11 ranges, open 7 days a week, 364 days a year from 9am till sunset... $150 a year... a BARGAIN
Link Posted: 8/9/2013 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Pike creek here.   I shoot at Atglen sportsmans club.   Good range.  Out to 500 m    If anybody needs anything,  i recently started my own business,   building uppers,  dealing in triggers , geissele,  alg defense,  gg&g  lothar walther,   i have access to just about everything, including eotech leopold an us optics.   working on my ffl  currently    I have no overhead,  and mostly do special orders once a week,  so,  my prices are usually the lowest, you'll see.   So hit me up if theres something your looking for.
Link Posted: 8/20/2013 8:25:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pike creek here.   Is shoot at Atglen sportsmans club.   Good range.  Out to 500 m
View Quote

Atglen is very nice. I've shot there a few times and I worked there in high school setting targets for competitions. I just wish it was closer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Camden currently.
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Hello gents, I live in the Laurel area and used to shoot at JD Defense's range (between Laurel and Georgetown) a few years back, but since have been fortunate enough to shoot a friend's property.
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Atglen is very nice. I've shot there a few times and I worked there in high school setting targets for competitions. I just wish it was closer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pike creek here.   Is shoot at Atglen sportsmans club.   Good range.  Out to 500 m

its only about a half hour for me.   I have friends that shoot there so i usually make a day out of it
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 12:02:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Middletown here and I shoot at Delaware State pistol Club.

If you want to take your daughter shooting they have a silhouette shoot on Friday nights.  It's open to the public:  http://www.delawarestatepistolclub.org/silhouettes
View Quote

And, a JR rifle program on Saturday mornings.

(Wilmington)
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#28]
checking in.... Clayton, DE ... mainly shoot at Ommalanden but would love to try and get into Atglen during the open enroll (if they have one this year)...
Link Posted: 10/6/2013 4:42:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Bear, DE… I used to shoot at elk neck in North East MD, until Oct 1st when the new laws went in to effect. I will be taking my business and my S&W M&P-15 down to Bridgeville.

-Rabbit
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 11:26:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Middletown.  But I'm moving to Newark Dec. 1
Link Posted: 1/13/2014 3:25:30 AM EDT
[#31]
Hi folks. I'm new to AR15 and DE. Recently transplanted from NYC. I'm checking in from Wilmington. I currently have no firearm or place to shoot, but that will all change very soon. I look forward to making some new friends and firearm mentors. TTYS
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Just outside of Newark

I mostly shoot at New Holland.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#33]
New member sounding off in Milton. Work for Manlove Auto Parts in Milford if anyone needs parts. Don't shoot nearly as often as I should. CCDW holder in DE and PA. Just got my rifle mid-February. Need to break it in. Ready and rarin'. Nice to meet you fine folks.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:35:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Part DE resident here......just bought a place in Oceanside, looking to make a full time move to your gorgeous state.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Newark here. I havent done any shooting since I left Arizona.  Nice weather is coming quick, about darn time. I want to try Elk Neck, just need to get some info to make sure of laws concerning transporting rifles/pistols into Md. I recognize a name from Deloc, I think I have thee same username there. Hmmm, lol. Looking forward to doing some lettin some lead fly.
Link Posted: 5/7/2014 10:35:06 PM EDT
[#36]
I can't believe I haven't seen the Delaware forum before!!
I live in Townsend. I moved here about 6 years ago after living my entire life in South Jersey. It's been nice! I have shot at Ommelanden and Shooters Choice, and was a member at Targetmaster but I really have the itch to stretch out my ARs and AKs a little further. So I just joined Elk Neck a few days ago since they have a 100 yard range. Now I'm a little worried because some of you have hinted about Maryland laws possibly interfering with my fun?? Could you please explain to me what I should be concerned about? It would be very appreciated.
Also some of you have spoken about us Delawareans getting together at a local range for some target practice. I'm in for that since most of the people I know here don't share my passion for the black rifle. Let's get something going here,,,please IM me if you are interested and maybe I can organize something.
Link Posted: 5/19/2014 4:51:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Wilmington here. I am a member at Delaware County Field and Stream., Past member of Targetmaster. (didn't care for their attitudes)
Have shot at Ommelanden and Delaware State Pistol Club-Action Pistol nights and plan on doing that more.
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 10:03:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Felton (south of Dover) here after spending a few years in the freedom of VA.

Looking to relocate again shortly. Haven't shot too much since moving back. Primarily Shooters Choice if I do just due to less hassle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 10:46:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Newcastle here with elk neck as there aren't as many range nazis
Link Posted: 9/26/2016 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Outside of Wilmington.  I shoot pistols at Targetmaster and Pistol/Rifle at a Elk Neck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Hello all.  North Wilmington here.  Usually shoot at Targetmaster or Elk Neck.  I have a type 07 FFL (Seamrog Arms),  hopefully we'll start manufacturing soon.  Also going for my class 3 license eventually if anyone is interested in sbr's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 3:40:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Its nice to see we have a decent number of Delaware folks on here now. I'm in Clayton. Stuck shooting at Shooter's Choice mostly. Ommelanden sometimes.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#43]
Seems like we have a decent number of people on here.

Do any of you have experience building AK's?

I have a Polish Tantal kit I need to build.  I've read a lot of threads on the AK side of the board but I really do better with hands on learning.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]
New Castle here.....usually shoot at Elk Neck. Looking for a private club though.......getting into these places is like almost impossible.

Rich
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Its nice to see we have a decent number of Delaware folks on here now. I'm in Clayton. Stuck shooting at Shooter's Choice mostly. Ommelanden sometimes.
View Quote

Hey neighbor..... I'm in Clayton also....
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#46]
S of Dover.

Bridgeville...
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 1:36:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Camden.

Only been to Shooter's Choice and want to try out new ranges.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:25:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm now a member out at New Holland Rifle and Pistol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top