Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2013 5:04:49 PM EDT
http://www.legis.delaware.gov/LIS/LIS147.NSF/vwLegislation/HB+58?Opendocument

Synopsis:
This bill would prohibit the manufacture, sale, purchase, transfer or delivery of large-capacity magazines, which are defined as ammunition feeding devices with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds. Acknowledging that thousands of law-abiding Delawareans currently possess large-capacity magazines lawfully, the bill would make such possession unlawful only if it occurs in a public place while in possession of a firearm capable of accepting it. Possession of a large-capacity magazine would not be unlawful in areas that are not public places, and an exception exists to allow the possession and use of large-capacity magazines at shooting ranges. Persons who violate this Act would be guilty of a class A misdemeanor for a first offense and a class G felony for any subsequent offense.

FULL TEXT HERE
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 5:39:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like you guys are getting bent over as bad as we are here in MD.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh nice!  So how the bill currently reads I can not Concealed carry with a mag. over 10 rounds.  Great job   Looks like another round of emails will be going out.  
Did anyone attend the meeting today in Dover?  How did it go?
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Looks like you guys are getting bent over as bad as we are here in MD.

We are in the same boat for sure.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh nice!  So how the bill currently reads I can not Concealed carry with a mag. over 10 rounds.  Great job   Looks like another round of emails will be going out.  
Did anyone attend the meeting today in Dover?  How did it go?

I was not there.  HB 35 did pass committee (vote was along party lines) will go to legislature for full debate and vote.
Link Posted: 3/20/2013 11:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
jesus the stupid is spreading like a wild fire . I am sorry
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:15:34 AM EDT
[#6]
The big question is can you drive to the gun range with your gun and magazine in the same car? If a road is a public place, how do you transport? I wouldn't consider my car a public place, but you never know with the assault on personal rights.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The big question is can you drive to the gun range with your gun and magazine in the same car? If a road is a public place, how do you transport? I wouldn't consider my car a public place, but you never know with the assault on personal rights.

Taken from HB 58
(6)   “Public place” has the meaning set forth in 11 Del.C. § 1460(b)(3); provided, however, that any shooting range, as such term is defined in paragraph (8) herein, shall not be considered a public place.

Taken from 11 Del.C. § 1460(b)(3)
(3) "Public place" means a place to which the public or a substantial group of persons has access and includes highways, transportation facilities, schools, places of amusement, parks, playgrounds, restaurants, bars, taverns, and hallways, lobbies and other portions of apartment houses and hotels not constituting rooms or apartments designed for actual residence.

Link Posted: 3/25/2013 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Reading the text of the bill:

line 3, "Not Readily Operable" means that the large-capacity magazine or firearm is disassembled, broken down or stored in manner to prevent it's immediate use.

line 5, "It shall be an affirmative defense to prosecution for unlawful possession of a large-capacity magazine under this section that either the large-capacity magazine or the firearm was not readily operable.".

So, does that mean I can travel on a highway, with my gun and magazine in the car, if the gun is broken down? or the magazine? Would a trigger lock or gun lock render the weapon "stored in a manner to prevent it's immediate use"? If broken down, how far? Slide off my pistol? AR in two halves? in either of those states, it is not ready for immediate use.

I'd hate to be the test case if this abortion makes it through.
Link Posted: 3/26/2013 9:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/29/2013 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Everyone should contact the following State Representatives, they are the members of the House House Administration Comittee and will be meeting on Wednesday to discuss House Bill 58, High Capacity Magazine Limits:

Valerie Longhurst, [email protected], (302) 744-4047
Peter Schwartzkopf, [email protected], (302) 744-4351
Deborah Hudson, [email protected] (302) 744-4171
Daniel Short, [email protected] , (302) 744-4172
John Viola, [email protected] , (302) 744-4351

Call them, email them, let them hear your opinion.
Link Posted: 5/4/2013 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, the bill is now out of comittee , it passed 3-2.. While I think it might be a futile effort, we need to contact ALL of the representatives.

Maybe send them this Youtube video

Youtube "PSA" about magazine limits

Tell them how you feel. Let them hear your voices.

Email, call or both. If you contact the representative of your district, let them know you are their constituent.

Delaware General Assembly
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 9:07:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#13]
So has this taken affect?

I'm [very] unfortunately going to have to move back from Virginia.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:14:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So has this taken affect?

I'm [very] unfortunately going to have to move back from Virginia.
View Quote

No.
HB #58 has not been voted on.  Probably will see it brought up next year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top