Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2017 3:05:20 PM EDT
My wife and I were in the park for 4 days end of June. We drove around all over the park and only seen a handful of elk.  We were in Hayden Valley, Madison Junction area and Yellowstone Lake area.  We then went down into Grand Teton Park.  We did see lots of Bison and a few Mule deer.  When I had gone to the Park in the mid 80's we always had seen many small herds of elk.  Has the wolf and grizzly bears had that much of effect on their numbers?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#1]
No, at this time of year, especially when it is hot like it is, they are way up high, they don't hang in the valleys when it goes over the 80's, you have to get out and walk to see them, they ain't stupid, the go where it is cooler and less bugs!
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Not going to see them during the day usually,

Mornings or evenings they will come out around water and tree lines.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:16:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Yellowstone Lake area between there and the fork to Jackson Hole.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 8:54:41 PM EDT
[#4]
In before "they don't let them out of their cages during the day."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top