Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 12:31:56 PM EDT
Trip planned for this time next year to shoot P-dogs. Will be in the central/southern part

Tell me about it... expected highs, lows?

Will be camping out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the area (altitude) the low will probably be between 45-60. The highs may range between 60-80. I'm going off late June timeframe, if you are going early June expect a bit colder temps. We usually get our last big snow storms in May. But being Wyoming, we can get snow anytime. Think it snowed in Yellowstone earlier this month.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It has been weird in July.  It rained way more than I remember in the past.  But that's just my corner of the state.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Best time of year in my opinion!  lots of uneducated newling prairie rats too!  Target rich environment!
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:26:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best time of year in my opinion!  lots of uneducated newling prairie rats too!  Target rich environment!
View Quote
That's what I've been told so I picked the last two weeks in June for my trip.

I've befriended a guy on another forum who extended an invitation to come out and he would show me the world of P-dog shooting. He is retired and can go any time, and with my job, I can go any time so we settled on late June.

He has a connection to a ranch in southern WY where he has hunted for years and we've talked on the phone. He gave me the ranch owner's name/contact number and said to call and introduce myself so I'll be doing that very shortly. Apparently the place is not hunted much at all and I'm told to expect great shooting.

I've been to ID and NM and I'm excited to drive cross-country on this adventure...
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It has been weird in July.  It rained way more than I remember in the past.  But that's just my corner of the state.
View Quote
I'll be tryin out my ring mount during this hunt...

Where are you located?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top